J
Jackwraith
December 30, 2021
808 0
MB
Michael Barnes
December 30, 2021
1248 0
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

It Came From the Tabletop! - Fireball Island, Goldland, and Family Games

More
29 Nov 2018 10:09 #287083 by Gary Sax
I listened to your star trek/civ show on Monday and quite enjoyed it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: engineer Al

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2018 11:32 #287094 by Vysetron
But how spicy do the marbles taste? These are the questions we need answered!

TALK ABOUT THE MOUTHFEEL
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jackwraith, hotseatgames, Hadik, BillyBobThwarton

More
29 Nov 2018 16:55 #287109 by Hadik

Josh Look wrote:

Sagrilarus wrote: I'm listening to the podcast right now and I have just one question -- what the hell is your problem? You haven't explained the rules of Fireball Island to me, and I have no understanding of the component quality. You haven't even mentioned how long it took you to set it up. How can I make an informed purchase decision when you drone on and on about "excitement" and "fun" and "seat of your pants" play?

Jesus.

What can I say, we’re on a mission from god.

I just got the show entered into BGG’s podcast database but haven’t gone through tagging the episodes to the games covered. I CAN. NOT. WAIT. for the first serious “Where’s the review?” comment. Most BGG users and even some “critics” don’t actually review games either, we’re just upfront about it.

I usually put a certain podcaster on on to fall asleep at night. The excruciating rules walk throughs knock me out.

More
29 Nov 2018 20:49 #287123 by engineer Al

Sagrilarus wrote: Jesus.

Sag, you really crack me up!

More
29 Nov 2018 20:54 #287125 by engineer Al

Vysetron wrote: TALK ABOUT THE MOUTHFEEL

I think that the tactile experience of a game is a factor that is not talked about enough. For Fireball island, the marbles had a great look and added a nice heft to my mouth. Of course Josh has the ultra cool Kickstarter upgrade fireballs and embers, so I can't really speak to the feel or taste of the non-upgraded game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WadeMonnig

More
29 Nov 2018 21:36 #287128 by WadeMonnig

engineer Al wrote:

Vysetron wrote: TALK ABOUT THE MOUTHFEEL

I think that the tactile experience of a game is a factor that is not talked about enough. For Fireball island, the marbles had a great look and added a nice heft to my mouth. Of course Josh has the ultra cool Kickstarter upgrade fireballs and embers, so I can't really speak to the feel or taste of the non-upgraded game.

tl:dr ~ Josh has quality balls and they feel good in Al's mouth.Yep, didn't take us long to drag that into the gutter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: engineer Al

More
03 Dec 2018 12:05 #287327 by RobertB
Tikal is a good game, but it's not an 'experience' sort of game, a'la Tales of the Arabian Nights. If the other players are paying attention, you have to grind all the points you can out of the game. Back when I played it a lot, it had the 'too much AP' rep in a crowd full of AP players. Talking about it is definitely making me want to drag my copy out again, though.

As for Uba kicking some folks' ass with the treasures, winning with that is like winning 7 Wonders with Science - if nobody else grabs them, the player who's grabbing them all wins in a walk. I seem to recall that your best bet to prevent that was to grab the tile, grab the treasures, and then use the empty tile for your camp drop.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds