Front Page

Content

Authors

Game Index

Forums

Site Tools

Submissions

About

Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Connect with other board gamers and organize online gaming here.

Hannibal

More
05 Sep 2011 13:55 #102740 by Matt Thrower
Hannibal was created by Matt Thrower
It's about that time of year when I fancy loosing a game of Hannibal Rome vs Carthage. Anyone fancy beating me?
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Sep 2011 17:25 #102743 by KingPut
Replied by KingPut on topic Re: Hannibal
The only online game I have going on is Washingon's War. I'm game for Hannibal.

More
06 Sep 2011 08:15 #102775 by Matt Thrower
Replied by Matt Thrower on topic Re: Hannibal

KingPut wrote: The only online game I have going on is Washingon's War. I'm game for Hannibal.

OK, cool. Kick off a game on ACTS then and we can keep our own board state copies. Don't care about sides - you can determine it randomly.

More
31 Jul 2014 11:16 #183570 by Dr. Mabuse
Replied by Dr. Mabuse on topic Re: Hannibal
*necro*
Anyone interested in a PBEM game via VASSAL?

More
31 Jul 2014 12:32 #183573 by Gregarius
Replied by Gregarius on topic Re: Hannibal
Damn. I was so hoping this was a discussion of the TV show.

More
28 Aug 2014 21:30 - 28 Aug 2014 21:31 #186106 by KingPut
Replied by KingPut on topic Re: Hannibal
Quote from the game between from me (Carthage) and Dr. Mabuse (Rome) Hannibal game turn #4.

"Have you read the rules to this game? You need to roll high 5-6 for sieges and low 1-2 for everything else" - KingPut to Dr. Mabuse

You can imagine how his lucks been going this game. Luckily, for him in our first big, big battle between Hannibal and Fabius Maximus he drew 2-3 reserve cards and I didn't draw any so Hannibal suffered his first defeat at the battle of Ariminum.
Last edit: 28 Aug 2014 21:31 by KingPut.

More
28 Aug 2014 23:28 - 28 Aug 2014 23:30 #186121 by Dr. Mabuse
Replied by Dr. Mabuse on topic Re: Hannibal

KingPut wrote: Quote from the game between from me (Carthage) and Dr. Mabuse (Rome) Hannibal game turn #4.

"Have you read the rules to this game? You need to roll high 5-6 for sieges and low 1-2 for everything else" - KingPut to Dr. Mabuse

You can imagine how his lucks been going this game. Luckily, for him in our first big, big battle between Hannibal and Fabius Maximus he drew 2-3 reserve cards and I didn't draw any so Hannibal suffered his first defeat at the battle of Ariminum.

Here's some context:
I accrued siege 2 points at the Walled City of Gades and I knew KP's Carthaginians would come rolling down to stop me. On the turn before his imminent attack, from which I couldn't retreat from, I besieged Gades again needing only 1 more point to take it when I rolled a 1 (lose 1 CU and gain 0 siege points). The next turn my dudes (2 Generals and 3 CUS) were destroyed in the first round of attack by a single Right Flank, the only card not in my hand (no Reserves either).

Hannibal made his move towards Fabius in Italy and in my attempt to Avoid Battle (Fabius' special ability only needs 1-5) I rolled a fucking 6.

11 rounds of battle, KP and Hannibal lose, so big CU losses are in store. KP rolls a 2 for attrition and 2 on the retreat table for a total loss of only 3 CUs and 1 Political Control marker. What the shit?!

I'm about ready to flip my monitor. The gods are clearly not with my Romans.
Last edit: 28 Aug 2014 23:30 by Dr. Mabuse.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Msample

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds