Front Page

Content

Authors

Game Index

Forums

Site Tools

Submissions

About

Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Connect with other board gamers and organize online gaming here.

Virgin Queen groping in the dark game

More
28 Mar 2012 17:51 #120907 by Gary Sax
Yes, thread title was intentional.

Thought I'd put together a crew on this one before it is released. Who wants to do a groping in the dark game for Virgin Queen once it comes out next month? I can't promise to be super fast in my play but I generally check once a day, sometimes not on weekends. We had a great crew of F:ATties I played a couple games of HIS with. Schweig is good at wargames.

I call Holy Roman Empire or Protestants!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2012 19:48 #120929 by Bulwyf
I'm down. I'm not picky about which side I play.

-Will

More
28 Mar 2012 20:36 #120940 by flim_flam
Oh, how I would love to get in on this. In the next two months, however, I am closing on a house and having a second kid. Not really conducive to a long multiplayer Vassal game. Post this again when you get your second game rolling.

More
28 Mar 2012 21:13 - 28 Mar 2012 21:17 #120945 by JoelCFC25
Interested. I just kicked off my first proper play of the game last night (5 players, Tournament Scenario) with the playtest group. I'm France, and apart from needing to marry off my young whippersnappers, I have no earthly idea what to do. Try assassinating someone? Pirate Spanish loot on the World Map? Quell these upstart Huguenots? Sponsor some art or science? Plow a bunch of diplomatic influence into the minor powers? All of the above?

It's a dizzying array of options.
Last edit: 28 Mar 2012 21:17 by JoelCFC25.

More
28 Mar 2012 22:10 #120947 by MattFantastic
I'm a big fan of groping in the dark.

But I have no idea how to play. If you need someone to fill a seat and don't mind me making terrible descisions throughout, I'm into it.

More
28 Mar 2012 22:23 #120949 by Fallen

MattLoter wrote: I'm a big fan of groping in the dark.

But I have no idea how to play. If you need someone to fill a seat and don't mind me making terrible decisions throughout, I'm into it.

^ This. Been wanting to find playmates for TI3 for weeks and so far no bites and this sounds pretty amazing with all the Try assassinating someone? Pirate Spanish loot on the World Map? Quell these upstart Huguenots? Sponsor some art or science? Plow a bunch of diplomatic influence into the minor powers? All of the above?going on. I would run a google on the name but I'm not sure I want my work logs to show I was searching for it.....

More
29 Mar 2012 01:01 #120956 by Dogmatix
Fallen: It's basically "Here I Stand Vol. 2: Now With More Screwage." Info here: www.gmtgames.com/p-341-virgin-queen.aspx

GSax: Of course I'm down for this. :)

Don't give a damn which side I play but I can always be counted on to take a religious power if one's available.

More
29 Mar 2012 01:37 #120957 by Fallen

Dogmatix wrote: Fallen: It's basically "Here I Stand Vol. 2: Now With More Screwage." Info here: www.gmtgames.com/p-341-virgin-queen.aspx

GSax: Of course I'm down for this. :)

Don't give a damn which side I play but I can always be counted on to take a religious power if one's available.

Thanks Dog, sounds amazing!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bulwyf

More
29 Mar 2012 03:00 - 29 Mar 2012 23:49 #120962 by Schweig!
EDIT: On second thought, I take that back. Maybe another time.
Last edit: 29 Mar 2012 23:49 by Schweig!.

More
29 Mar 2012 04:22 #120965 by Stonecutter
You know I'm in for this.

More
29 Mar 2012 08:41 #120969 by ThirstyMan
I'd be interested in this if there are any places left

More
29 Mar 2012 13:58 #120979 by mikko_r

More
29 Mar 2012 14:31 #120982 by JoelCFC25

Gary Sax wrote: I call Holy Roman Empire or Protestants!

These are the two powers that won the playtest games I've kibbitzed so far.

HRE won the Campaign Scenario with its "reveal religious preference" in the victory determination phase (scooped a pile of VP that way to sail past 25). Everyone else had kind of lost track of that possibility.

Protestants just won a religious auto-win in the Tourney Scenario over the weekend on Turn 5 by hitting 50 Protestant spaces. Watch out for the Calvinist Zeal home card--very powerful.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
29 Mar 2012 18:12 #120993 by Dogmatix

JoelCFC25 wrote:

Gary Sax wrote: I call Holy Roman Empire or Protestants!

Protestants just won a religious auto-win in the Tourney Scenario over the weekend on Turn 5 by hitting 50 Protestant spaces. Watch out for the Calvinist Zeal home card--very powerful.

I think this isn't an uncommon event in HIS either. The Prods fare pretty well in the tourney scenario; they're really more of a "long-game" challenge.

More
29 Mar 2012 18:15 #120995 by Not Sure
Wat? You post this when I'm on vacation?

So totally in.

Looks like we might have enough for two games here.

A good rule of thumb for me is that the further West a power is, the more interested I am in playing them.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds