Front Page

Content

Authors

Game Index

Forums

Site Tools

Submissions

About

Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Connect with other board gamers and organize online gaming here.

Virgin Queen groping in the dark game

More
30 Mar 2012 00:09 #121023 by KingPut
Count me in

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2012 22:48 #121355 by Not Sure
Woop Woop!

VQ is charging on Friday, should be shipping at the end of the month!

Time to get it together...

More
04 Apr 2012 18:16 #121537 by JoelCFC25
Does anyone here have some web development (specifically: jQuery) chops? I was kicking around the idea of having an interactive card manifest. Something where you can see the list of cards, then dynamically filter it as you type, as well as filtering with dropdowns/checkboxes by CP, turn of entry, type of card. Then you'd click a card title and the image would appear off to the right or something.

I started on something by adapting some code from a couple jQuery tutorials I scrounged up that seemed pertinent, but then realized how hopelessly out of my depth I'd be. The concept seems simple, I just don't know how to get from idea to reality.

More
19 Apr 2012 03:20 #123278 by KingPut
I printed up the rules today and started reading the rules. I'm am total wet with excitement to de-virginate the queen. We have 12 people or 2 full games if everyone is in based on the posting. Any suggestions how we split up the game? How soon before the public Vassal Mod is up?

In:
1. JoelCFC25
2. KingPut
3. Not Sure
4. Dogmatix
5. Gary Sax - Holy Roman or Dutch
6. Bulwyf
7. Stonecutter
8. AndyinKuit
9. Mikko

Question?
10. Fallen
11. FlimFlam
12. Matt Lotter

Maybe later:
13. Schweig!

More
19 Apr 2012 03:54 #123280 by Not Sure
Joel, Dogmatix, Stonecutter, Mikko, and I were the crew for F:AT HIS 7 (and 8, it seems), with the sixth spot filled by one of Dogmatix' PBEM buddies after Simon had to bow out mid-game. I've also played HIS with Sax before, for at least two complete games.

Every one of them is capable and quick to play, as I'm sure the rest of the folks are as well. I'm happy to stick in the same group, or mix it up a bit.

My power prefs would go something like:

First Tier: Spain or England
Second Tier: HRE or France
Third Tier: Dutch or Turks

I'm not too picky about it, I'd like to play every power at some point. That's just what looks interesting to me at the moment.

More
19 Apr 2012 11:08 #123287 by KingPut
Why don't you keep your HIS crew together
Virgin #1
1. JoelCFC25
2. Not Sure
3. Dogmatix
4. Bulwyf
5. Mikko
6. Gary Sax - Holy Roman or Dutch

Virgin #2 - Drunk WBC+ crew
1. Fallen
2. KingPut
3. AndyinKuit
4. Stonecutter
5. FlimFlam
6. Matt Lotter
Anybody want to claim a country (Spain, Austria (Hasburg), France, Turks, England, Dutch (Prot)? (no Vassal gaming during WBC)

Maybe later:
13. Schweig![/quote]

Joel do you know when the Vassal Mod will public

More
19 Apr 2012 15:24 #123319 by Fallen
I would like to give Austria a try. I'll give the rules a read this weekend.
Thanks for the invite.

More
19 Apr 2012 15:24 - 19 Apr 2012 15:26 #123320 by JoelCFC25

I'm am total wet with excitement

After 5 months of changing diapers, I read that as "wet with excrement"...

Joel do you know when the Vassal Mod will public

That's up to Ed. Maybe he'll say May 1st, since that's when shipping starts. We haven't talked about it, actually.

We're playing with version 1.3 right now, and I already have version 1.4 in the works thanks to something treasure-related that was spotted early in the current game. Tonight I'm going to work on some power card overlays that will appear if Charles IX, Philip II, or Elizabeth get murdered--the admin ratings and card bonus of France/Spain/England drop if any of those happen.

In a spasm of pedantry, I'll note that the six powers are: Ottomans, Spain, England, France, Holy Roman Empire, Protestants.
Last edit: 19 Apr 2012 15:26 by JoelCFC25.

More
19 Apr 2012 15:44 #123323 by MattFantastic
As a Greek, I refuse to play the fucking Turks. Otherwise, knowing just about jack shit about the game, I'm down for whatever.

I will be quick with my poor descision making though!

More
19 Apr 2012 16:37 #123329 by Fallen

MattLoter wrote: As a Roman Catholic, I refuse to play the fucking Protestants. Otherwise, knowing just about jack shit about the game, I'm down for whatever.

I will be quick with my poor descision making though!

^ This, getting into character early, and obviously excited.

More
19 Apr 2012 19:05 #123337 by ThirstyMan
OK. I'm up and I don't care what country or religion I'm playing as I think nationalism and religion are both as dumb as each other.

I may be a bit delayed in getting the actual game (it has to go to NY and then by courier to me which is at least another week given the pisspoor customs service in Kuwait) but as long as VASSAL is up and running I should be OK.

More
19 Apr 2012 19:39 #123343 by Gary Sax
Sounds great, email me to set it up! Need to crack the rules for myself.

More
19 Apr 2012 20:24 #123349 by Bulwyf
I'll play any side. Bonus if I get to attack Dogmatix! Just let me know ahead of time so I can brush up on any side specific rules sections.

-Will

More
19 Apr 2012 23:21 #123364 by Not Sure
Sounds good to me. I have emails for everyone in Group 1 except Bulwyf, I think Sax has almost all of them as well. I'll forward my list on to him. I don't know what I'm getting myself into looking at Spain, but given I like playing Charles in HIS I should be able to get the hang of it.

Group 1 has a pretty open table still, with Sax claiming the HRE and me eying one of Spain or England. Get your power preferences in now, I guess. Bulwyf has claimed "anything that gets to attack Dogmatix".

Having just read the Rebellion section last night, the Protestants in this one are more guerilla warfare insurgents than the milquetoast preachers of HIS. Whoever chooses France had better be prepared to play whack-a-mole.

More
20 Apr 2012 01:56 #123374 by JoelCFC25
I think I'll try the Ottoman horde. Would we want to play the Campaign or a Tourney scenario? The advantage of the latter is that it's open season for all the sweet espionage stuff right out of the gate.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.705 seconds