Front Page

Content

Authors

Game Index

Forums

Site Tools

Submissions

About

Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Connect with other board gamers and organize online gaming here.

Ok, so who's up Successors 3rd via VASSAL/ACTS?

More
02 Feb 2009 07:02 #19416 by Dogmatix
MattDP wrote:

Oops, sorry, didn't know everyone was waiting on me.

Username MattDP, registered email is matt *underscore* thrower *at* hotmail *dot* com

No worries. I'm getting the game set-up now. I'll send a save file out with initial set-up this afternoon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Feb 2009 20:42 - 02 Feb 2009 21:53 #19564 by Dogmatix
Dogmatix wrote:

MattDP wrote:

Oops, sorry, didn't know everyone was waiting on me.

Username MattDP, registered email is matt *underscore* thrower *at* hotmail *dot* com

No worries. I'm getting the game set-up now. I'll send a save file out with initial set-up this afternoon.

Ok folks, y'all should have been spammed by ACTS today. We'll use that for cards and dice. And, of course, general spamming of one another...
Last edit: 02 Feb 2009 21:53 by Dogmatix.

More
02 Feb 2009 22:16 #19567 by Bulwyf
Hey Dog. Can you send me a link for the 2.0 module. I thought I could get it off the VASSAL site but its a no go. Also TOS is still down. Thanks.

-Will

More
03 Feb 2009 02:00 #19579 by Dogmatix
Bulwyf wrote:

Hey Dog. Can you send me a link for the 2.0 module. I thought I could get it off the VASSAL site but its a no go. Also TOS is still down. Thanks.

-Will

No problem. I'll send a link to all y'all for D/L...

More
03 Feb 2009 09:55 #19618 by Bulwyf
Thanks a ton. I'm setting it up ASAP.

-Will

More
03 Feb 2009 15:59 #19750 by Dogmatix
Bulwyf wrote:

Thanks a ton. I'm setting it up ASAP.

-Will

Cool. Got your logfile. Hugh can combine set-up and first move and we'll be underway! Good luck to all...of you who aren't me. May the rest of you pretenders to the throne suffer miserable painful deaths by lead poisoning... :)

More
05 Feb 2009 04:30 #20072 by Dogmatix
Hugh: I emailed you the links for D/L the proper VASSAL beta. However, if you didn't get it, the info is here:

Don't know which system you're running, so you can find the links to the various 3.1b8 editions here:

www.vassalengine.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1599

More
05 Feb 2009 05:53 - 05 Feb 2009 05:54 #20074 by Matt Thrower
Dogmatix wrote:

May the rest of you pretenders to the throne suffer miserable painful deaths by lead poisoning... :)

Lead poisoning? Personally, I plan on it being by cold bronze poisoning, but maybe that's just me. Or perhaps I haven't looked through the Tyche deck enough.

Having now read all the rules, I'm really stoked about this game. Looks like it might be what I've been searching for - a historical, multi-player CDG with a managable rules length and play time.
Last edit: 05 Feb 2009 05:54 by Matt Thrower.

More
05 Feb 2009 10:43 #20132 by Bulwyf
I drank what?! - Socrates

More
05 Feb 2009 11:19 #20140 by Dogmatix
MattDP wrote:

Dogmatix wrote:

May the rest of you pretenders to the throne suffer miserable painful deaths by lead poisoning... :)

Lead poisoning? Personally, I plan on it being by cold bronze poisoning, but maybe that's just me. Or perhaps I haven't looked through the Tyche deck enough.

Having now read all the rules, I'm really stoked about this game. Looks like it might be what I've been searching for - a historical, multi-player CDG with a managable rules length and play time.

Matt--I'd say it's exactly what you're looking for--and, as far as I can figure, it's all the things that, say, Wellington or The Napoleonic Wars, are not. My current game has been amazing enough that I'd consider having a game of this going on VASSAL at all times.

I'm going to likely bring this one up to Trashfest in May and try to beat KingPut and some others into playing in person.

Will--did you see my post about the HQ parts I'm looking for? I need the dice and the Gargoyle's head from your incomplete base game if you can spare 'em to complete my house copy [which I parted out to ebay 2 other sets]. Let me know a price with shipping if you're willing to part with 'em...

More
05 Feb 2009 13:02 #20165 by Bulwyf
Dogmatix wrote:

Will--did you see my post about the HQ parts I'm looking for? I need the dice and the Gargoyle's head from your incomplete base game if you can spare 'em to complete my house copy [which I parted out to ebay 2 other sets]. Let me know a price with shipping if you're willing to part with 'em...

Whoops. PM sent.

-Will

More
05 Feb 2009 14:58 #20181 by Dogmatix
Bulwyf wrote:

Dogmatix wrote:

Whoops. PM sent.

-Will

Now PM me your paypal address (I never like to assume it's the same email address when cash is involved) and we're good to go. :)

By the way, has anyone heard from Hugh since Tuesday's request for tech support? I'd hate to think he got swallowed-up by Real Life before we even kicked off.

More
05 Feb 2009 17:23 #20222 by Bulwyf
Not I. If this is his first exposure to VASSAL he may be feeling a bit overwhelmed. Hopefully he will post here and ask for help if he needs it. Personally VASSAL is just different enough from Cyberboard to get me into trouble. So I'm apologizing ahead of time if I do anything stupid.

-Will

More
06 Feb 2009 01:42 #20272 by Dogmatix
Bulwyf wrote:

Not I. If this is his first exposure to VASSAL he may be feeling a bit overwhelmed. Hopefully he will post here and ask for help if he needs it. Personally VASSAL is just different enough from Cyberboard to get me into trouble. So I'm apologizing ahead of time if I do anything stupid.

-Will

And my problem goes the other way...cyberboard and I are not on particularly friendly terms.

And this reminds me that I need to edit the VP on ACTS to ensure it matches the board...doh...

More
19 Mar 2009 00:22 #23876 by hacksword
This game is awesome.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds