Front Page

Content

Authors

Game Index

Forums

Site Tools

Submissions

About

Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Connect with other board gamers and organize online gaming here.

OGRE PBEM

More
04 Feb 2009 10:47 - 04 Feb 2009 10:51 #19886 by JoelCFC25
Replied by JoelCFC25 on topic Re:OGRE PBEM
Notahandle wrote:

However, All Things Zombie, Dreamblade, Ghost Stories, Manoeuvre, and RoboRally appear to have no file that will actually open. For the remaining forty-five modules I'll wait until someone mentions that they work, as I'm not prepared to waste of time any further. Why are module creators uploading them before they're actually playable?

Something isn't right on your end. I can't speak for all of those, but I've successfully opened the Ghost Stories and Manoeuvre modules.

The key thing to know here is that a properly downloaded module is a ZIP archive, no matter what file extension it has (if any). On the PC side, the latest beta brings file associations--if you rename your modules with .vmod extensions, double clicking them will automagically fire up VASSAL and load them.

Depending on your computer's configuration and your choice of web browser, it's possible that modules you download are being detected as compressed files and automatically being uncompressed on the fly. If you are seeing things named Buildfile and stuff like that, this is definitely the case.

Bottom line, if you download a game module, you should end up with ONE file. No matter what it's called, or what file extension it has, it must be compressed in ZIP format for VASSAL to recognize it and open it.

EDIT: Maybe from here on out, VASSAL tech support should be split off into a new thread so we can stop polluting Barnes' OGRE effort.
Last edit: 04 Feb 2009 10:51 by JoelCFC25.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2009 19:07 - 04 Feb 2009 19:07 #20010 by Notahandle
Replied by Notahandle on topic Re:OGRE PBEM
VASSAL

EDIT- Sorry Michael!
Last edit: 04 Feb 2009 19:07 by Notahandle.

More
20 Apr 2009 10:47 #26365 by Dr. Mabuse
Replied by Dr. Mabuse on topic Re:OGRE PBEM
Anyone still interested in a VASSAL game lemme know.

More
20 Apr 2009 14:59 #26400 by lj1983
Replied by lj1983 on topic Re:OGRE PBEM
i'd be interested in vassal ogre, but I need a copy of the rules. currently i'm playing Twilight struggle and hammer of the scots on vassal and enjoying it.

More
20 Apr 2009 15:29 #26410 by southernman
Replied by southernman on topic Re:OGRE PBEM
lj1983 wrote:

i'd be interested in vassal ogre, but I need a copy of the rules. currently i'm playing Twilight struggle and hammer of the scots on vassal and enjoying it.

This was sent out by Barnes and Chapel a few months back - Click to download .

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds