Front Page

Content

Authors

Game Index

Forums

Site Tools

Submissions

About

Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Connect with other board gamers and organize online gaming here.

Gaming on Tabletop Simulator

More
29 Apr 2020 12:45 #309791 by hotseatgames
I suspect it will prompt a lot of mod makers to just replace the art and change the name of something, while maintaining the obvious connection. Battlenova Spacetastica, anyone?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Apr 2020 15:40 #309792 by xthexlo
Shoot me a message if you might be interested in a TTS game of Cosmic Frog Thursday (30 April 2020) around 7PM EDT.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scott_F

More
03 May 2020 10:36 #309876 by ThirstyMan
Yes, TTS is quite controversial with regard to copyright. Basically anyone can put up any old game and the designer will not see a penny and the players don't need to pay anything either. This is not good for the industry in general as people do like to receive recompense for their efforts in design.

This puts it similar to VASSAL but most folk who make VASSAL modules leave an essential chart out in the hope that at least one of the players has a physical copy. Certainly GMT work this way with their modules. DVG charge for access to their VASSAL modules and Diffraction Games (wargame company) will give you access with proof of purchase.

More
03 May 2020 12:43 #309877 by Ah_Pook
i personally plan on never using TTS again after physical gaming is a thing again. it works, but i find it kind of exhausting to play larger games on.

More
03 May 2020 15:54 #309878 by Gary Sax
It needs some real discpline to play at a speed you would a normal game.

More
03 May 2020 16:20 #309880 by hotseatgames
I've just started playtesting my latest game with it, and it's terrifying because I can't tell how long the game "would" last in a normal setting. My goal is 90 minutes and at this point I'm just fucking guessing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
04 May 2020 11:25 - 04 May 2020 11:28 #309897 by Gary Sax
Anyone interested in a game of John Company on Saturday again? I know Not Sure wants to play again, any other takers?

Also would be up for another shorter game like Pax Pamir 2nd or Root game this week either an afternoon or evening.
Last edit: 04 May 2020 11:28 by Gary Sax.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Not Sure

More
04 May 2020 11:32 #309901 by Not Sure
Yeah, in for Saturday John Company. Possibly in for something else. I'm sort of due for a day off, so I might even be able to make an afternoon game with some notice.

More
04 May 2020 11:42 #309904 by Gary Sax
I'll start a thread on John Company.

Yeah, I'm grading this week but I can make room for something in the afternoon or evening after Tuesday. Slight preference for afternoon but not huge.

Pamir 2nd might be nice because I know a bunch of people learned it but then didn't have the payoff of playing a real game of it.

More
04 May 2020 11:43 #309905 by mezike
Replied by mezike on topic Gaming on Tabletop Simulator
I would be up for more John Company, timing might be an issue though as we discovered last time. Still trying to get a teaching game going with some friends in order to expand the local player base. 6pm UTC is the earliest I can start anything, 7pm would be more preferable, would like to join if that fits with anyone’s plans yet equally happy to make other arrangements if it does not.

More
04 May 2020 11:53 #309907 by Gary Sax
Alright, I posted a separate thread on scheduling. We can talk there.

More
04 May 2020 12:03 #309909 by JoelCFC25

ThirstyMan wrote: This puts it similar to VASSAL but most folk who make VASSAL modules leave an essential chart out in the hope that at least one of the players has a physical copy. Certainly GMT work this way with their modules.

This is far less common than you imply--there certainly is no top-down dictum from GMT that these kinds of omissions are done. Some designers might request this, but in my experience it's much more common to see everything you'd need in modules for GMT games.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, ThirstyMan

More
06 May 2020 11:14 #309992 by Disgustipater
I'd like to play another game of Pax Pamir on Thursday around 6pm PDT. Ideally we'd have one of the more knowledgeable players in the session for rules purposes.

More
07 May 2020 17:01 #310072 by Disgustipater
My availability has opened up from now until late, though the lack of interest has me assuming no game is happening for today.

More
07 May 2020 17:22 - 07 May 2020 17:23 #310073 by Gary Sax
I'm a game time decision, depends on how late my spouse stays up. When she goes to bed really early, I can get online at like 7-8 but it just depends.

I'll pop on later and message you in discord if I can swing through.
Last edit: 07 May 2020 17:23 by Gary Sax.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds