Front Page

Content

Authors

Game Index

Forums

Site Tools

Submissions

About

Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Connect with other board gamers and organize online gaming here.

Gaming on Tabletop Simulator

More
12 Jul 2020 22:17 #311962 by Sagrilarus

Ah_Pook wrote: Anyone interested in learning Leaving Earth sometime?

I just downloaded the Vassal module for this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2020 01:55 - 13 Jul 2020 01:57 #311966 by Disgustipater

Gary Sax wrote: Also, I think Jexik and I are still doing Root Wednesdays at 7 pacific if anyone wants to drop through.

I’m interested. I’ll let you guys know for sure in a day or so.
Last edit: 13 Jul 2020 01:57 by Disgustipater. Reason: Specificity

More
13 Jul 2020 04:39 #311969 by Matt Thrower
Have come to the conclusion I need to do more Tabletop Simulator. If anyone has any games running that fit in with Britsh time zones, I'd be all ears?

More
13 Jul 2020 06:00 #311971 by mezike
Replied by mezike on topic Gaming on Tabletop Simulator
Hey Matt, also UK time here. I'd be happy to join in on games that fit in with c. 8pm UK / Noon Pacific start time. I'm fairly broad and easy-going with my taste in games, up for anything except the de rigueur aversion to dull derivative Euros.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt Thrower

More
13 Jul 2020 08:47 #311973 by sornars
I'd potentially be up for some UK friendly gaming. I'm generally free after 1800 GMT+1 during the week.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt Thrower, mezike

More
13 Jul 2020 15:19 #311982 by Matt Thrower
It's currently daylight savings time in the UK which is an hour ahead of GMT. How does 7pm DST sound, maybe Thursday?
The following user(s) said Thank You: mezike, sornars

More
13 Jul 2020 15:52 #311984 by mezike
Thursday sounds ok!

Steam = 71483226
Discord = mezike #2618

Any thoughts on what to play? I might be able to coax in a buddy if we need/want more players.

More
14 Jul 2020 05:10 #312009 by sornars
Thursday should work. I'm happy to play anything (I recognise this isn't particularly useful but my gaming tastes run wide).

If it's just the three of us then my knowledge of good games is limited to Nexus Ops.
If it's four then our options open up quite a bit.

More
14 Jul 2020 09:25 #312017 by mezike
Having broad taste is a blessing on club night where there are a couple dozen games on offer and flexibility is a plus, but it's a nightmare when faced with what feels like a kajillion mods on TTS!

More
14 Jul 2020 16:15 #312038 by Matt Thrower
Nexus Ops is good if there's a module for it. I've not played much on TTS at all.

More
15 Jul 2020 05:07 #312064 by mezike
I played around with the Nexus Ops mod yesterday, seems to be okay although the resolution on the sculpts is poor and I needed to zoom out in order to figure out what I was looking at. At the same time I realised that I haven't played this in a loooong long time so will refamiliarise myself with it today to avoid being an embarrassment.

If you've not used TTS before, only the host needs to have the mod installed and everyone else connects to the server that the host creates. I can take you through the process on Discord (which is my preference for voice chat, but we can use any other service if preferred)

The organisation of the workshop is poor and it's easier to figure out what you want to play and then go looking for a mod than to sift through the garbage looking for inspiration. To be honest, before lockdown came I only ever used it to try out games either to learn before playing or to try before buying.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sornars

More
15 Jul 2020 06:12 - 15 Jul 2020 08:55 #312065 by Matt Thrower
My discord is mattthr#2167 - I've never really used that, either. Steam is mattthr - if you need a number it's apparently 76561198067605927. Does TTS not allow voice chat?
Last edit: 15 Jul 2020 08:55 by Matt Thrower.

More
15 Jul 2020 06:33 #312066 by mezike

Matt Thrower wrote: My discord is mattthr#2167 - I've never really used that, either. Does TTS not allow voice chat?

Yes, but from experience it's better to have voice on a separate system in case someone gets dumped out of TTS/Steam. It's also handy for when people want to move between platforms, e.g. to switch to boardgamearena.com where some of the implementations have a better interface than TTS. When I play with friends we often make that switch for casual games like Rallyman, Can't Stop, Colt Express, etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
17 Jul 2020 06:35 #312154 by mezike
We had a fun game of Nexus Ops - none of us had played for a while so we were a bit rusty on rules detail if not the general flow of play, but one of the very many great things about this game (and the players it attracts) is that it really doesn't matter if someone unintentionally fudges a rule or asks for a rollback because they forgot something. Was fun hanging out with Matt and Sornars, both good people.

Would be happy to organise another UK/EU friendly meetup. I'm also keen for more John Company, and interested in trying Oath (the final pre-production kit is now on TTS) if anyone wants to get onboard?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, sornars

More
17 Jul 2020 07:59 #312155 by sornars
It was good fun! Happy to do it again, I'd be up for Oath. Also interested in trying out Cosmic Frog which has an official mod I believe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mezike

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds