Front Page

Content

Authors

Game Index

Forums

Site Tools

Submissions

About

Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Connect with other board gamers and organize online gaming here.

Gaming on Tabletop Simulator

More
07 Apr 2020 12:59 #309028 by Gary Sax

Jackwraith wrote: I'm in. Will be my first time using TTS, so might be a little slow going, but the UI seems pretty straightforward.

Oh, yeah. My friend code on Steam is 45129393.

Friend me or Jexik at the discord link above when you get a chance and we'll get the voice chat room set up with you too. We're using a friends and family discord I set up a few weeks ago so there are normals I play Stellaris and other stuff with in there too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2020 12:59 #309029 by Sagrilarus
Gosh, it's like you don't even need a cardboard copy of any game on TTS. Think of the savings.

More
07 Apr 2020 13:02 #309030 by Jexik
Replied by Jexik on topic Gaming on Tabletop Simulator
There's even a rulebook on the side of the table with the Root mod!

However, I think there will be 3-4 owners of the game in this particular game so...

More
07 Apr 2020 15:13 #309031 by Disgustipater

Jexik wrote: We decided not to wait until the evening, heh. I'll probably be down for another in the actual evening if someone still wants to play then.

I might be available this afternoon/evening.

More
07 Apr 2020 15:48 - 07 Apr 2020 15:51 #309032 by Josh Look

Sagrilarus wrote: Gosh, it's like you don't even need a cardboard copy of any game on TTS. Think of the savings.

Yeah, all you have to get used to is THE SHITTIEST UI EVER.

PS - I’m still gonna share my Steam name when I get a chance because I’d love the opportunity to game with some of you even if I kinda hate TTS.
Last edit: 07 Apr 2020 15:51 by Josh Look.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jexik, sornars, Gregarius, WadeMonnig

More
07 Apr 2020 16:22 #309034 by Sagrilarus

Josh Look wrote:

Sagrilarus wrote: Gosh, it's like you don't even need a cardboard copy of any game on TTS. Think of the savings.

Yeah, all you have to get used to is THE SHITTIEST UI EVER.

Maybe that's why the rights owners don't give a damn.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Msample, Josh Look

More
07 Apr 2020 17:56 - 07 Apr 2020 17:56 #309037 by Gary Sax
Jexik defeats me, the dr, and jackwraith in convincing fashion as the birds!

I'm up to play Root again. The dr. also suggested playing some Pax, I believe Pamir has a decent TTS.
Last edit: 07 Apr 2020 17:56 by Gary Sax.

More
07 Apr 2020 18:09 #309039 by Jackwraith
Same. That was a good time (once I remembered what the hell I was doing with the lizards.) I think the UI is fine, personally. It takes some learning, but that's the same with any program.

I'm definitely interested in some Pax Pamir, as I've never played it but have seen it played.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, WadeMonnig

More
07 Apr 2020 18:45 #309040 by charlest
The Pamir 2e module is great. It handles many of things automatically for you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
07 Apr 2020 23:33 #309042 by Gary Sax
Alright, when can we all do a game of Pamir 2nd? Another afternoon game?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jackwraith

More
07 Apr 2020 23:59 #309043 by hotseatgames
Demoed my latest game in development for the publisher tonight, for the first time, and it was on TTS. It went really well, and they liked the direction I'm taking the game.

TTS will probably be invaluable for the next couple of months, in spite of not being the most ideal way to playtest something.

More
08 Apr 2020 12:29 #309051 by southernman
I ended up getting it in the Steam sale last weekend, helped by me 'finding' the Workshop with all the free user-created games and seeing Nemo's War there, but had a hell two hours trying to work out how to use it - still can't seem to zoom properly.
Don't know if I'll ever get to use it other than for solo games although intrigued to see a highly rated Battlestar Galactica module (and Game of Thrones).

More
08 Apr 2020 13:46 #309054 by Jackwraith
Southernman, the only way to zoom that I've been able to discern is with the mouse wheel. Dr. Mabuse was having that trouble in our game yesterday because his wheel is broken and he kept having to push his face to the screen to see things. However, you can also used the WASD keys in the same way you would a game like League of Legends: W=forward; A=backward; S=left; D=right. Between that and right-clicking and holding to change you camera angle, you can duplicate a lot of the zoom effects.
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernman

More
08 Apr 2020 14:29 #309056 by southernman

Jackwraith wrote: Southernman, the only way to zoom that I've been able to discern is with the mouse wheel. Dr. Mabuse was having that trouble in our game yesterday because his wheel is broken and he kept having to push his face to the screen to see things. However, you can also used the WASD keys in the same way you would a game like League of Legends: W=forward; A=backward; S=left; D=right. Between that and right-clicking and holding to change you camera angle, you can duplicate a lot of the zoom effects.

I was trying it on my laptop, only a touchpad with no mouse plugged in. I was able to use WASD and found that the up and down arrows helped a bit to, I did find that (I think) the M key and ALT key magnified either a selected card or part of the board - but it was tough going.

I'll try and read the Nemo rules and then see if I can make sense of it, having to do everything manually on a screen is the challenge - especially for a game I haven't played before.

More
08 Apr 2020 15:08 #309061 by Jackwraith
Yep. Alt key is your magnification. No doubt about the challenge and definitely moreso with a touchpad, instead of a mouse. There are a lot of mods in the Workshop area, so you should be able to find a few for games you've played before, which might be easier to figure out.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.412 seconds