Front Page

Content

Authors

Game Index

Forums

Site Tools

Submissions

About

Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Connect with other board gamers and organize online gaming here.

Gaming on Tabletop Simulator

More
09 Apr 2020 17:12 #309105 by southernman
Shit, there's a massive amount of games in the Workshop. I spent an hour poking around and these are the games that I found (in the genres I like, plus Gloomhaven :whistle: ) that were well subscribed (I'm assuming that means it works reasonably well) … just have no one to play them over in this timezone.

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Mabuse

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2020 17:38 - 09 Apr 2020 17:41 #309107 by Gary Sax
Got the suggestion to try to post in PBEM/PBForum when plans become more concrete with a game day or time. I'm going to go ahead and try to do that going forward so others can see it and don't have to sort through this thread, if y'all would like to do that as well I think it makes a lot of sense.

In other news, our game of Root just now was really interesting, a bizarro game of token landmines with the cats, birds, crows and woodland alliance. It was one by hotseat and the woodland alliance but only because I committed the ultimate asshole move of pointing out how he could win which he may not have thought of---SO SORRY JACKWRAITH! He would have won the next turn.

I'm just in teaching mode for games way too often since I teach so many games at my house.
Last edit: 09 Apr 2020 17:41 by Gary Sax.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Mabuse, Jackwraith

More
09 Apr 2020 17:38 - 09 Apr 2020 17:40 #309108 by Jackwraith
Have to echo what the Dr. said. I'm an unemployed writer and I can't say that one of my usual day jobs (that I despised) would've still been employing me, but it'd sure be nice to have the extra coin at the moment. Thankfully, my girlfriend is still working, but we're kind of dreading whenever her company decides to start laying people off.

Edit: BTW, another good game of Root today. I really enjoyed the Corvid Conspiracy. I'm thinking about better ways I could've used the plots.
Last edit: 09 Apr 2020 17:40 by Jackwraith.

More
09 Apr 2020 17:53 #309111 by Disgustipater
Obviously I’d rather be working than unemployed. I mainly meant people working from home or still getting paid to stay home.
—————
Looks like my group is doing a virtual game night tonight and we have to play Hyperspace again. *sigh* At least I got them all to move over to TTS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Dr. Mabuse, Jackwraith

More
09 Apr 2020 18:08 #309112 by hotseatgames
I was invited to that Hyperspace game but I have never played and have a ton to do so I'll probably not make it.

And yes, Gary tossed me the win but I'll take it where I can get it! STILL COUNTS, SUCK IT JACKWRAITH ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Jackwraith

More
09 Apr 2020 18:11 #309113 by Jackwraith

Gary Sax wrote: I'm just in teaching mode for games way too often since I teach so many games at my house.

No worries. Quite literally: It's just a game.

@Disgustipater: Not meaning to pile on, either. I know what you meant. It's just kind of hanging over my head these days, since I've been out of work a long time and now it's getting darker before the dawn and all that.

More
09 Apr 2020 18:29 #309115 by Disgustipater

hotseatgames wrote: I was invited to that Hyperspace game but I have never played and have a ton to do so I'll probably not make it.

I told them I wasn’t going to play Hyperspace again with only 3 players, and no one else has chimed in yet, so maybe you have saved me by bowing out. :)
I did mention you likely wouldn’t be joining us. I did not give a reason.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames

More
09 Apr 2020 18:40 #309116 by hotseatgames
I think my friend kickstarted Hyperspace. Is it no good? Seemed cool.

More
09 Apr 2020 19:21 #309118 by Disgustipater

hotseatgames wrote: I think my friend kickstarted Hyperspace. Is it no good? Seemed cool.

A little too light for what it wants to be, as far as my preferences go. My thoughts are here . Now I need to find a decent 3 player game as a potential replacement.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames

More
09 Apr 2020 19:25 #309119 by hotseatgames
Not sure if it's on TTS, but one of my favorite 3 player games is The King is Dead.

More
10 Apr 2020 00:49 #309126 by Not Sure
I'd like to get on some of this, but daytimes are still filled with employment for me as well. I'm at home, but busy enough that I don't think I can just disappear for a game during work.

But if there's evening slots, I may be able to make that work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gregarius, Pugnax555

More
10 Apr 2020 01:53 - 10 Apr 2020 01:53 #309128 by Disgustipater
I am 100% down for evening games.
Last edit: 10 Apr 2020 01:53 by Disgustipater.

More
10 Apr 2020 08:49 #309130 by southernman
Another online boardgaming option is boardgamearena.com, a more limited selection of games and more euro and family but I'm playing Puerto Rico with my euro group at the moment and it is a very good emulation.
They have had a massive increase of traffic in the last few weeks, have had to constantly upgrade servers from having a max of 5000 players to a current max of 30000 although if you sign for a premium account (it's free as standard) you are guaranteed to get a spot once the max has been hit.
Their busy time seems to be evening/night in Europe.

More
10 Apr 2020 12:56 #309137 by Scott_F
Also available in the evenings or on weekends (pacific time). Definitely willing to join something like Root or Pax Pamir or Cthulhu Wars etc.

More
10 Apr 2020 15:51 #309147 by boothwah

southernman wrote: Another online boardgaming option is boardgamearena.com, a more limited selection of games and more euro and family but I'm playing Puerto Rico with my euro group at the moment and it is a very good emulation.
They have had a massive increase of traffic in the last few weeks, have had to constantly upgrade servers from having a max of 5000 players to a current max of 30000 although if you sign for a premium account (it's free as standard) you are guaranteed to get a spot once the max has been hit.
Their busy time seems to be evening/night in Europe.

Bg arena is where I play Seasons. I learned the game on there. I cant imagine doing the bookkeeping irl. Fun game.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds