Front Page

Content

Authors

Game Index

Forums

Site Tools

Submissions

About

Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Connect with other board gamers and organize online gaming here.

F:AT Titan Game #4

More
24 Feb 2009 14:30 #22115 by jeb
F:AT Titan Game #4 was created by jeb
Let the record reflect that Anthony Santiago is pants.

acts.warhorsesim.com/login.asp?game=ttn%...ogin.asp%3Fid%3D9274

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Feb 2009 19:18 #22156 by Dr. Mabuse
Replied by Dr. Mabuse on topic Re:F:AT Titan Game #4
Que?

More
24 Feb 2009 19:43 #22159 by jeb
Replied by jeb on topic Re:F:AT Titan Game #4
I said you are pants . MattDP gets it, so back off.

Ooh hey, you -do- lose that Warlock--I hit on the Attack and then on retal with the Cyc.

More
24 Feb 2009 20:05 #22161 by Dr. Mabuse
jeb wrote:

I said you are pants . MattDP gets it, so back off.

Ooh hey, you -do- lose that Warlock--I hit on the Attack and then on retal with the Cyc.

And you're dead. Everyone gets it. :P

More
24 Feb 2009 21:29 #22165 by jeb
ZING!

More
25 Feb 2009 10:50 #22201 by jeb
An update! This thread is the running commentary (and otherwise) on the F:AT Titan game on ACTS.

I have been whipped out of the game by drmabuse00. I ate up one of his little two-fers with my Titan stack, and put myself right nestled up against his bigger stacks. I figured, hey, it's early; he'll ease away--no one wants a big 6 on 5 fight this early in neutral territory. He split his stacks and rolled a 1--it happens.

But I was wrong, he brought the thunder. His stack of (if I recall): Titan, Warlock, Lion, Lion, Centaur, Gargoyle attacked my Titan, Gargoyle, Gargoyle, Lion, Cyclops pile. It was in the Marsh, so bog terrain made for a lot of narrow channels (no natives in either stack). I had to sweat the Warlock getting too close--it's rangestrike against the Titan could kill me quick.

By the numbers, I am going to lose. There aren't enough points here to put him over 100, so he won't recruit an Angel. I put myself in the place of the other players and would try to blunt the edge of his stack; so it's not a Warlock + Angel + Griffon killing machine in two turns.

I set up a defensive line lead by the Lion, who was offed quickly by Centaur + Warlock r/s, but it managed to retaliate on the Centaur with some help from the Cyclops. drmabuse00 then rolled back a little and set up for the PEW PEW PEW and Angel swiping, but I retreated to the north and kept my distance, setting up an unpleasant hex for anyone coming in for direct confrontation with the Titan. He began arranging for his flanked assault (I'm thinking he was looking to use the Angel and Warlock to punch through the Cyclops and reach the Titan), but I ran out of my hidey hole and barraged his Warlock with the Cyclops and Titan. The Gargs were just keeping the Lions from cirlcing around the back of the Titan at this point and were not a factor.

A couple of turns later, and drmabuse00 has 69 of the 81 points in that stack, I'm out of the game, and his stack -should- have recruiting problems as I killed the Gargoyle branch and took out the Warlock. He's left with Titan, Angel, Lion, Lion. I don't know if anyone has the stones to chase him, but he could get knocked out quick with a couple of bad rolls. Or he could start collecting Warlocks and Rangers and PWN everyone with his early killstack.

More
25 Feb 2009 12:36 #22221 by Dr. Mabuse
jeb wrote:

I set up a defensive line lead by the Lion, who was offed quickly by Centaur + Warlock r/s, but it managed to retaliate on the Centaur with some help from the Cyclops. drmabuse00 then rolled back a little and set up for the PEW PEW PEW and Angel swiping, but I retreated to the north and kept my distance, setting up an unpleasant hex for anyone coming in for direct confrontation with the Titan.

I threw my centaur in front for 2 reasons, I didn't need it for recruiting purposes and thought I could do damage to your lio early enough that I would be able to bring in my angel.

He began arranging for his flanked assault (I'm thinking he was looking to use the Angel and Warlock to punch through the Cyclops and reach the Titan), but I ran out of my hidey hole and barraged his Warlock with the Cyclops and Titan.

My mistake was I should have switched my Gar with my Titan (for future recruits)as well as to add more firepower in the front had you decided to bring on the attack, which you did.

The Gargs were just keeping the Lions from cirlcing around the back of the Titan at this point and were not a factor.

I had no intention of moving the lios as I wanted them for recruiting my Rangers, Griffons are okay but harder to come by. Rangers breed like fucking rabbits, and as regular ACTS Titan players know I LOVE my Rangers.

Thanks for the running commentary by the way.

More
26 Feb 2009 12:20 #22341 by jeb
DRM Abuse00 and MattDP are engaging in a war of words currently. This is surprisingly less entertaining than the actual wars/battles that are supposed to take place in a game of TITAN. Really, why should we compare the vagaries of Ogres fighting Trolls over the rugged terrain of the various battleboards when we can instead chat up how many points Space Ghost will yield to Matt?

More
26 Feb 2009 14:03 #22356 by billyz
Replied by billyz on topic Re:F:AT Titan Game #4
To be honest, I don't care what you fags do so long as you let my legions grow into killing machines while you whittle yourselves away.

More
26 Feb 2009 14:10 #22357 by Matt Thrower
Replied by Matt Thrower on topic Re:F:AT Titan Game #4
jeb wrote:

DRM Abuse00 and MattDP are engaging in a war of words currently. This is surprisingly less entertaining than the actual wars/battles that are supposed to take place in a game of TITAN. Really, why should we compare the vagaries of Ogres fighting Trolls over the rugged terrain of the various battleboards when we can instead chat up how many points Space Ghost will yield to Matt?

What? Are you suggesting that Anthony and I are dullards?

I must respectfully disagree. But, even if we are, then I would courteously suggest to you that both of us TOTALLY OWN YOUR FUCKING ARSE when it comes to Titan.

More
26 Feb 2009 14:37 #22359 by jeb
MattDP wrote:

What? Are you suggesting that Anthony and I are dullards?

I must respectfully disagree. But, even if we are, then I would courteously suggest to you that both of us TOTALLY OWN YOUR FUCKING ARSE when it comes to Titan.

MORE TEA, GOOOVNAH?

More
26 Feb 2009 21:52 #22394 by Space Ghost
Replied by Space Ghost on topic Re:F:AT Titan Game #4
You guys are a bunch of assholes, trying to confuse me and what not. I just got to figure out what to do about Matt's agression -- probably going to be to flee here shortly.....

More
19 Apr 2009 21:52 - 19 Apr 2009 22:50 #26348 by Dr. Mabuse
All right all, another Titan game has ended (as Matt DP bitched out on the final battle). A new game will begin as soon as we have 3 more players, lemme know who's interested.

I know for sure:

drmabuse00
Matt DP
Space Ghost
Billyz

Jeb ?
madgamer?
Skelly?

Any other suckers?
Last edit: 19 Apr 2009 22:50 by Dr. Mabuse.

More
19 Apr 2009 22:32 #26349 by Space Ghost
Replied by Space Ghost on topic Re:F:AT Titan Game #4
You heard him -- sign up.

More
19 Apr 2009 22:46 #26350 by billyz
Replied by billyz on topic Re:F:AT Titan Game #4
I sucked big ol' donkey balls on the last one so, I'll need to redeem myself by having all of you bow down before my resplendant excellence.

I'm in.

You sissies.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.371 seconds