Front Page

Content

Authors

Game Index

Forums

Site Tools

Submissions

About

Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Connect with other board gamers and organize online gaming here.

Here I Stand

More
04 Mar 2009 15:37 - 04 Mar 2009 16:38 #22955 by Stonecutter
Replied by Stonecutter on topic Re:Here I Stand
Registered, Stonecutter is my username.

Just want to make sure, we don't physically need to own the game to play this, correct?
Last edit: 04 Mar 2009 16:38 by Stonecutter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Mar 2009 22:12 #23001 by Bulwyf
Replied by Bulwyf on topic Re:Here I Stand
Nah. I'm sure between the rest of us we have more than enough copies to satisfy any sort of ownership requirement. However I would download and read the HIS rules off the GMT site. You can find the rules and tips for all the player powers here:

www.gmtgames.com/p-248-here-i-stand.aspx

Now that I have everyones' ACTS IDs I'll create the game files and assign sides tomorrow morning.

-Will

More
05 Mar 2009 12:43 #23112 by Bulwyf
So far I can find the ACTS IDs of MattDP, drmabuse00 and Not Sure. The other three haven't show up yet in the system. I'll check again later this afternoon. (ACTS can be a bit slow sometimes)

This is the inital assignemts based on your requests. If you've got some reservations about the side you're playing post it here and perhaps we can work out a switch or I can talk you through some basic strats.

Ottomans - drmabuse00
Hapsburgs - Partizan
England - Not Sure
France - lollocaust
Papacy - MattDP
Protestants - Stonecutter

-Will

More
05 Mar 2009 15:13 #23125 by Not Sure
Replied by Not Sure on topic Re:Here I Stand
Whoohoo, it's baby-making time.

I guess I better sharpen up on the Diplomacy rules too. "Rule Britannia" and all that.

More
05 Mar 2009 17:08 #23136 by Partizan
Replied by Partizan on topic Re:Here I Stand
Look up Eric Grutzmacher. I'm there.

The Haps. That should be fun. I've never played them before.

More
05 Mar 2009 17:31 #23141 by Stonecutter
Replied by Stonecutter on topic Re:Here I Stand
Bulwyf wrote:

Nah. I'm sure between the rest of us we have more than enough copies to satisfy any sort of ownership requirement. However I would download and read the HIS rules off the GMT site. You can find the rules and tips for all the player powers here:

I just meant from the perspective of not being able to have the map out in front of me while playing, given the

Please note that ownership of the games is required. ACTS is not intended to be a complete "game referee"; it knows very little about the rules of the games, and management of the game outside the decks of cards is left to the players.

Statement on the ACTS website...

Then I saw the part about using VASSAL, which I've since downloaded and am trying to get accustomed to.

More
06 Mar 2009 11:31 #23188 by Bulwyf
Ok the only two ACTS IDs I cant find is those for lollocaust and Stonecutter. Once they send me the e-mail addys they used we'll be good to go. Sorry for the delay.

-Will

More
06 Mar 2009 13:08 #23195 by lollocaust
Replied by lollocaust on topic Re:Here I Stand
I used heresmichael at gmail to sign up

More
07 Mar 2009 13:55 #23253 by Bulwyf
Okie.

I have the game set up on ACTS and I sent out the inital file for VASSAL. When you join make sure you join the faction assigned to you.

First order of business is Luther's 95 thesis.

Feel free to e-mail me questions or post them here.

-Will

More
07 Mar 2009 15:24 #23255 by Count Orlok
Replied by Count Orlok on topic Re:Here I Stand
Does anyone have copy of the 2-player rules? I managed to buy a copy of the two-player diplomacy deck, but didn't get a rules set. I remember reading somewhere that they plan on posting them online, but I haven't seen it yet. Any way I could get the rules from someone?

More
08 Mar 2009 11:06 #23267 by Bulwyf
Sorry brother. Ed Beach is trying to get permission to post those 2p rules. I'm sure that will happen soon but until then we're all stuck waiting.

-Will

More
08 Mar 2009 13:29 - 08 Mar 2009 13:31 #23272 by Dogmatix
Replied by Dogmatix on topic Re:Here I Stand
Count Orlok wrote:

Does anyone have copy of the 2-player rules? I managed to buy a copy of the two-player diplomacy deck, but didn't get a rules set. I remember reading somewhere that they plan on posting them online, but I haven't seen it yet. Any way I could get the rules from someone?

Sometimes I think I'm the only fuckwit on the planet that actually subscribes to C3i. GM me an email address and I'll send out the 2p rules...

And...if anyone really needs it, I have an extra HiS 2p Dip Deck that I'd be happy to trade for something like a WoW mini, runebound deck or some other low rent promo item or expansion I don't own.
Last edit: 08 Mar 2009 13:31 by Dogmatix.

More
08 Mar 2009 14:04 #23274 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic Re:Here I Stand
I get C3is I'm interested in. I have the 2 player rules and deck, but only my copy of them...

More
02 Aug 2009 00:18 #36805 by Partizan
Replied by Partizan on topic Re:Here I Stand
For anyone interested, the FAT HIS game has been going on for a few months now, but I've been busy and very delinquent in making my moves.

Is there anyone in the FAT community that would like to take over the Hapsburgs? We're starting round 3, and you'd be in a pretty good position (not great, but pretty good).

More
02 Aug 2009 01:04 #36808 by Dogmatix
Replied by Dogmatix on topic Re:Here I Stand
Partizan wrote:

For anyone interested, the FAT HIS game has been going on for a few months now, but I've been busy and very delinquent in making my moves.

Is there anyone in the FAT community that would like to take over the Hapsburgs? We're starting round 3, and you'd be in a pretty good position (not great, but pretty good).

I can pick up the Hapsburg position if need be.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds