Front Page

Content

Authors

Game Index

Forums

Site Tools

Submissions

About

Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Connect with other board gamers and organize online gaming here.

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA PLAY-BY-FORUM--SESSION 1

More
01 May 2009 08:42 #27522 by Ken B.
#Admiral Tigh plays 2 - Executive Order, targeting Starbuck!

Action Queue

==> DR_MABUSE (Starbuck) : Move/Action OR Action/Action

THEN

KINGPUT (Admiral Tigh) : Crisis Step

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 May 2009 10:21 #27530 by Dr. Mabuse
Starbuck

Starbuck: Yes, sir! My pleasure sir!

Starbuck hobbles into the hanger deck.

Starbuck: Chief, prep another bird for me I'm going out.

Chief: You look like crap. You think you can bring her back in one piece this time?

Starbuck: Chief, if I bring her back in pieces I'm gonna make frakkin' sure that I got plenty of toaster parts to fix it with!

Chief: Alright people quit your gawkin' and get the Lieutenant's bird in the air.

Tyrol allows himself the briefest of smiles before turning his attention to Starbuck's damaged Viper.

Starbuck moves from Sick Bay to Hanger Deck
Uses hanger deck action & launches into sector Foxtrot
uses hanger deck extra action to move to sector Alpha

More
01 May 2009 11:25 - 01 May 2009 11:42 #27537 by Ken B.
CRISIS STEP!

Crisis Card Revealed!

"Sir!" The panic in Gaeta's voice was unmistakable. "We're seeing a massive amount of new enemy contacts on Dradis!"

"Status report!" yelled Tigh.

"Enemy Basestar just jumped into Bravo Sector and looks to be scrambling Raiders. We're also seeing more of those 'heavy' Raider ships, new contacts in Charlie Sector. Another one appears to have launched from the first Basestar, and the intial one we were keeping tabs on has continued on its collision course with us."

Tigh's face went white, and he gripped the nearest table to steady himself. The Cylons had found them. The first wave was just a scouting fleet looking for survivors. Now...they were bringing the heavy artillery.

"That's not all, sir," Gaeta continued. "Civilian ships have strayed into the primary combat zone, though Galactica is still between them and most of the new vanguard."

BOARDING PARTIES

1. Activate: Heavy Raiders
2. Setup: 1 basestar, 4 heavy raiders, 4 raiders, and 3 civilian ships
3. Special Rule - Surprise Assault: There are no vipers in this setup.

#Heavy Raider in Alpha Sector activates and moves to Foxtrot Sector!

Setup:

1 Basestar is placed in Bravo Sector!

4 Raiders are placed in Bravo Sector!
2 Civilian Ships are drawn and placed in Echo Sector!
1 Civilian Ship is drawn and placed in Delta Sector!

Currently there are not enough Heavy Raiders to meet the deployment of the current Cylon Attack card. Current Player (Admiral Tigh) may choose which 3 of the 4 are to be placed.

For reference, 2 are slated to be placed in Alpha Sector, and 2 are to be put in Charlie sector.

DRADIS

Action Queue:

==> KINGPUT (Admiral Tigh) : Choose deployment of Heavy Raiders for Cylon Attack card

OR

Pause for potential cardplay and character abilities. This may be done until KINGPUT makes his choice.
Last edit: 01 May 2009 11:42 by Ken B..

More
01 May 2009 11:44 #27539 by Shellhead
Starbuck and I are doing the best we can, but it would be nice to see Bravo sector get nuked sometime soon.

More
01 May 2009 11:58 #27547 by Ken B.
#Starbuck passed her once-per game ability.

More
01 May 2009 12:22 #27549 by Dr. Mabuse
I'm not done with these frakkin' toasters by a mile!!!

More
01 May 2009 12:34 - 01 May 2009 12:49 #27554 by southernman

Shellhead wrote:

Starbuck and I are doing the best we can, but it would be nice to see Bravo sector get nuked sometime soon.

"That certainly would take a bit of pressure off our pilots, both Starbuck and I have some leadership ability and may be able to persuade the Admiral - but the cylon fleet seems to have headed the wrong way to flank our civilian fleet thus giving us some breathing space, and my calculations on yield show that the best result for one warhead would be a basestar and about 3 raiders destroyed ... which would still leave 4 to come after the civvies."

"I have spoken with Mr Gaeta and FTL calculations are finished and are being sent around the fleet, we will be able to auto jump in maybe a couple of turns - so another option could be to move the civilian ships in Sector Delta to a safer position in Sector Echo which I could do as I can get to Communications quite quickly, while Starbuck could use her Move and two Actions to get to sector Delta."
"Or Starbuck could just move back to Galactica (Communications) and then use her two actions to move all the civvies in danger into safer sectors."

"That way we can save the nukes for later, when we may be in a worse position with raiders and civilian proximity but caught with our pants down with our jump-prep - and I still need one for something I am working on for the Admiral."

"FRAK - that big raider is getting far too close to Galactica for my liking ... I have a strange feeling about it, we need to destroy it quickly. Starbuck could use her two actions on it - or she could still jump back onboard and move the civvies and I could get over to Command and get those other vipers to have a few runs at it (and I'm sure there must be a Strategic Plannning help around)."
Last edit: 01 May 2009 12:49 by southernman.

More
01 May 2009 13:37 #27562 by Ken B.
MOD NOTE: Due to Trashfest and my own potentially limited access this weekend, updates to this thread will be limited to non-existant.

Kingput, you can make your Heavy Raider choice if you'd like, but otherwise enjoy the weekend, everyone. Look for the game to fully continue Monday morning.

More
01 May 2009 17:28 #27604 by KingPut
Ken B. wrote:

MOD NOTE: Due to Trashfest and my own potentially limited access this weekend, updates to this thread will be limited to non-existant.

Kingput, you can make your Heavy Raider choice if you'd like, but otherwise enjoy the weekend, everyone. Look for the game to fully continue Monday morning.

Sorry I don't really under stand my choice here.

More
01 May 2009 17:52 #27608 by Shellhead
KingPut wrote:

I think that there must be just four heavy raiders in the game, and one was already in play, in Foxtrot sector. Thanks to the latest crisis card, there are supposed to be four more played, but since there are only three more available, you get to pick which sector gets two new heavy raiders, and which one gets just one new heavy raider.

More
01 May 2009 18:16 #27611 by southernman
Shellhead wrote:

KingPut wrote:

I think that there must be just four heavy raiders in the game, and one was already in play, in Foxtrot sector. Thanks to the latest crisis card, there are supposed to be four more played, but since there are only three more available, you get to pick which sector gets two new heavy raiders, and which one gets just one new heavy raider.

What he said - choose which heavy doesn't get placed.

More
01 May 2009 18:42 #27614 by Ken B.
MOD NOTE: Sorry, I could have explained that better. The components in the game are a limitation; if a situation arises where more components are to be placed than there are available, the current player chooses how to fulfill those deployments from what is available. Both Southernman and Shellhead explained it exactly.

More
01 May 2009 18:59 #27617 by Dr. Mabuse
I would highly recommend putting only 1 heavy in Alpha and of course keep the 2 in Charlie.

More
01 May 2009 20:18 #27621 by KingPut
Dr_Mabuse wrote:

I would highly recommend putting only 1 heavy in Alpha and of course keep the 2 in Charlie.

Thanks for report Starbuck. I agree. 1 heavy in Alpha and 2 in Charlie.

More
01 May 2009 20:40 #27622 by Ken B.
DRADIS

PREPARE FOR JUMP STEP:

The jump token does not advance. Currently Jump Preparation is at 4/6 (-3 Pop.)

END OF TURN:

Current player passes to DR_MABUSE (Starbuck)

Next update will be start of turn full update, early Monday AM. Have a good weekend, gentlemen.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.521 seconds