Front Page

Content

Authors

Game Index

Forums

Site Tools

Submissions

About

Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Connect with other board gamers and organize online gaming here.

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA PLAY-BY-FORUM--SESSION 1

More
28 Apr 2009 17:27 - 28 Apr 2009 17:44 #27224 by Ken B.
Gaius Baltar was tired, miserable, and worst of all, halucinating. He gave nervous, furtive glances to everyone around him as he made his way to the bridge. He HAD to know what was going on. He...just had to.

As he reached the bridge, he saw two men locked in conversation. One he recognized as Saul Tigh, and if he'd heard correctly, this man was now the leader of the military fleet.

Saul noticed him. "Dr. Baltar," he said. "I've just been presented with some very interesting information. It seems that the Cylons were able to disarm the entire fleet by using codes...confidential codes...that rendered them helpless. Codes that someone like you had access to. What are your thoughts on this matter, Dr. Baltar?" There was definitely a menace to his voice that was unmistakable. Gaius searched his brain for a response...

CRISIS CARD REVEALED!

A Traitor Accused

Difficulty: 8
Politics, Leadership
Current Player Chooses:

Take Skill Check
PASS: No Effect.
FAIL: The current player chooses a character to send to the "Brig."

____

OR
____

The current player discards 5 Skill Cards.

Pre-load cards, such as Investigative Committee, must be played now.

Players should communicate their thoughts, until OZJESTING (Helo) makes his choice.

If the Current Player decides to begin the skill check, SHELLHEAD (Apollo) will play first, then players will contribute in turn order afterward. To play cards, simply state in this thread how many you are playing. Then PM me with the cards you have chosen to contribute.

Once cards have begun to be played, no further actions will be permitted until the skill check has been resolved.
Last edit: 28 Apr 2009 17:44 by Ken B..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Apr 2009 17:40 - 28 Apr 2009 17:41 #27226 by southernman

The Current Player usually goes last in the skill check - is this a change for forum play or a typo :-) ?
Last edit: 28 Apr 2009 17:41 by southernman.

More
28 Apr 2009 17:43 #27227 by Ken B.
It is a case of "Ken has played this game several times, but incorrectly on this rule."

The information above has been corrected to reflect the proper procedure. Many thanks to Southernman for catching my error.

More
28 Apr 2009 17:55 #27229 by Shellhead
I've been hearing comments about strange behavior by Doctor Baltar... talking to himself, masturbating in public, acting generally creepy. Maybe he should be taken to the brig for questioning. Besides, I don't think he was properly de-briefed after his "escape" from Caprica.

More
28 Apr 2009 18:01 - 28 Apr 2009 18:07 #27231 by southernman

Bit of a tough choice first up - 8 on Politics & Leadership and if we fail then 7 on Politics and Tactics to get someone out of the brig (plus the cards lost in the first check).
I'm just a research Professor, albeit probably the brightest person in my field and most others, and I haven't really much to contribute in the way or political nous or leadership. And looking at the few skills that my fellow survivors collected at the start, not many others can either.

I would suggest that Helo losing all his skills may be the best option, as we will probably need to use at least five cards anyway with no guarantee of success.

And with that I will have to bid good night as the Research lab clock is quite a few hours ahead of the other locations.

GB.

UPDATE: Please leave my briefs where they are thankyou. It was a traumatic experience leaving that devasted planet - I thank you to remember that before judging my apearance and emotional state.
And the last thing we need at the moment with cylon ships trying to blow teh frak out of us is anyone, let alone a great mind like myself, incapacitated in a prison cell ... that would be playing right into the cylon hands. There will be plenty of time once we escape these machines to investigate traitorous behaviour - I myself have some very interesting ideas on the subject that I need to discuss with the Admiral and President - very important ideas.
Last edit: 28 Apr 2009 18:07 by southernman.

More
28 Apr 2009 18:06 #27232 by Ken B.
MODERATOR NOTE: Please be aware that the text I interject is merely that--flavor text. In the above example it is just a way to get Gaius into the thick of things.

Do not allow my flavor text to interfere or influence decision making in any way. I will not give out game information through these updates. So please just enjoy them but do not take them for more than they are.

More
28 Apr 2009 18:19 #27235 by KingPut

Admiral Tigh:
For once in my life I agree with Baltar. It's first turn and we're low on skills, Helo running around on some vacation, I've got a Basestar and 3 raiders attacking us, I don't want one of my crew hanging out in brig. We may end up having to spend more skill cards to get the guy out of Brig later.

So I say Helo can lose the 5 cards.
Attachments:

More
28 Apr 2009 18:41 #27237 by Dr. Mabuse

I say Helo loses 'em. He's probably a frakkin toaster anyway!

More
28 Apr 2009 20:24 #27241 by ozjesting

Galatica Actual...this is Helo! Thank Gods you got me out of there! I am inbound but won't be skids down anytime soon. Received transmission regarding a possible traitor. I have NO information to either confirm or deny. Capraica is a frakkin mess, the escape was crazy, there is no way to make an informed accusation at this time. Recommend you wait and watch. Helo out!

Helo discards 5 skill cards to dismiss Crisis card.
Attachments:

More
28 Apr 2009 21:20 #27243 by Ken B.
MODERATOR NOTE: Minor technical snafu as I zipped up the files I'm using and sent them to my email address but forgot to rename the zip so it got stripped out. Due to time differences I fully intend to run this as often as I am able.

I will continue the game tomorrow AM, CST.

More
28 Apr 2009 21:32 #27244 by KingPut
Helo, thanks for taking one for the team. I'll have a drink waiting for you after we rescue you.

More
28 Apr 2009 21:45 #27245 by Ken B.
Oh, and one overlooked item by me--easy to do if you're not using physical cards--that crisis did in fact advance the jump track. I will have an updated status sheet tomorrow.

More
28 Apr 2009 21:46 #27246 by Ken B.
Oh...and Raider activations. Looks like we're not quite through with this turn just yet.

I'll have the hang of all of this after another turn or two.

More
29 Apr 2009 02:10 #27252 by southernman
Ken B. wrote:

Oh...and Raider activations. Looks like we're not quite through with this turn just yet.

I'll have the hang of all of this after another turn or two.

Remember Raiders move clockwise.

More
29 Apr 2009 02:24 #27253 by southernman

Being in a different time continuim (bloody cylon viruses) I thought I'd express my thoughts for the next turn, Apollo if I'm not mistaken.
Assuming the last information we had was correct then the raiders have moved to sector Baker, can Apollo move his Viper to sector Dog on an intercept course.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.927 seconds