Front Page

Content

Authors

Game Index

Forums

Site Tools

Submissions

About

Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Connect with other board gamers and organize online gaming here.

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA PLAY-BY-FORUM--SESSION 1

More
29 Apr 2009 14:14 - 29 Apr 2009 14:32 #27307 by Schweig!
Southernman wrote:

Also, remember they could only attack you if they get activated ... and we know now that only the Heavy Raiders were activated after your move, so you wouldn't even have needed one of us to play evasive manoeuvres either. Then you just wait until an XO gets played for you to obliterate them.

Listen to the Brit: That's the standard opening move for a pilot.

Edit: Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know this was the "in-game talk" thread.
Last edit: 29 Apr 2009 14:32 by Schweig!.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Apr 2009 14:18 #27308 by southernman

Schweig! wrote:

Southernman wrote:

Also, remember they could only attack you if they get activated ... and we know now that only the Heavy Raiders were activated after your move, so you wouldn't even have needed one of us to play evasive manoeuvres either. Then you just wait until an XO gets played for you to obliterate them.

Listen to the Brit: That's the standard opening move for a pilot.

"By the Lords of Kobol - the Gods have Spoken"

More
29 Apr 2009 14:23 #27310 by Ken B.
It seems as though Baltar isn't the only one hearing voices!

Just a reminder: The next in-game action will be the playing of cards (even 0) by DEATH AND TAXIS (Laura Roslin). If an Investigative Committee is to be played it must be done so before this time. From the point of the intitial cardplay until the resolution of the skill check, no other actions save for playing skill cards in turn will be permitted.

More
29 Apr 2009 14:43 - 29 Apr 2009 15:03 #27314 by southernman

"Well, it sounds like this Skill Check is a forfeit unless Starbuck and Roslin can convince Apollo that 9 Politics and Leadership is within us."

"Unfortunately you know my contribution level - not very helpful, so I'm off to see the Admiral ... I've had a an incredible idea and all I need is a spare nuclear device."
Last edit: 29 Apr 2009 15:03 by southernman.

More
29 Apr 2009 15:11 #27316 by KingPut
Tigh:
Apollo's actions atacking the Basestar was reckless. But what's done is done. I'm not planning on wasting a cards on this skill check.

I'll repeat if Roslin can executive order Starbuck or Apollo they can move to defend the civilian ships.

More
29 Apr 2009 15:27 - 29 Apr 2009 15:30 #27317 by southernman

Tigh grunted:

Tigh:
Apollo's actions atacking the Basestar was reckless. But what's done is done. I'm not planning on wasting a cards on this skill check.

I'll repeat if Roslin can executive order Starbuck or Apollo they can move to defend the civilian ships.

"Since I'm with the Admiral I may as well reiterate my support of his plan of action. With two actions Starbuck can get around to sector Charlie, between the civvies and the raiders - then on her turn she can move into the raiders sector, if they haven't already moved into her sector, and use her expert piloting ability to have two actions against them."
"Apollo and the other two vipers should be able to handle the Heavy that is being launched this turn."
Last edit: 29 Apr 2009 15:30 by southernman.

More
29 Apr 2009 15:44 #27321 by DeletedUser

[MEMO]
Memo to Admiral Tigh: I think it's high-time that you, as Admiral, take control of the wayward pilots at your command. I keenly await your Executive Order with interest.

P.S. I'm the President, not the "President".
[/MEMO]

To the others: I don't support wasting cards on this skill check.

More
29 Apr 2009 15:48 #27323 by DeletedUser

## I play zero cards

More
29 Apr 2009 16:52 #27331 by southernman

"Gaius Baltar plays zero skill cards ... and will now depart back to my lab, I have far too much important work waiting to stay around any longer."

More
29 Apr 2009 17:10 #27334 by Ken B.
MODERATOR: Helo cannot contribute, as he has 0 cards in hand. Roslin and Baltar have officially played 0 cards to the thread. Tigh has unofficially indicated 0 cards. Apollo has done likewise. This leaves Starbuck. I could assume 0 for her as well but want to be sure.

More
29 Apr 2009 19:46 #27347 by ozjesting
rule check: I was under the assumption that Helo can't contribute to this skill check because he is not there. My card count is irrelevant. Correct?

Also...do we have a "rule check colour" like they do in Werewolf? They use red...so as to draw the MODs eye and not break the flow of the role play.

More
29 Apr 2009 20:26 #27351 by Dr. Mabuse
Starbuck

Zzzzzzzzzzz..WHA?! oh passzzzzzzzzzzzz!

More
29 Apr 2009 21:41 #27354 by Ken B.
#Skill Check Resolution!

2 cards have been contributed to this skill check.

They are (in random order:)

POSITIVE:
2 - Executive Order
1 - Executive Order

NEGATIVE:

None

Result:

Fail: -1 morale, and the current player discards 2 Skill Cards.

Morale decreases by 1! (9/10)

"It's Greenbean, sir. One of the nuggets peeled out after Apollo to back him up. Greenbean...he was able to intersect a Raider as it came up behind. He saved that rook's life, but his ship was shot up pretty badly. He...was able to land his bird, but shrapnel had caught him and...Doc Cottle wasn't able to save him in time."

Admiral Tigh clenched his jaw. Apollo would take this the hardest, he knew. And as for the rest of the crew--there wasn't even time to mourn.

More
29 Apr 2009 21:43 - 29 Apr 2009 22:53 #27355 by Ken B.
#SHELLHEAD (Apollo) discards the following card(s) at random due to his drawback!

1 - Evasive Maneuver
3 - Investigative Committee
Last edit: 29 Apr 2009 22:53 by Ken B..

More
29 Apr 2009 21:58 - 29 Apr 2009 22:28 #27356 by Ken B.
#ACTIVATE CYLON SHIPS!

Heavy Raider Activation--No Heavy Raider on board, so

HEAVY RAIDER LAUNCHES FROM BASESTAR IN ALPHA SECTOR!

"Sir! New contact on DRADIS."

"What the frak is THAT thing?"

"No idea sir, but it appears to be on a direct collision course with Galactica."
Last edit: 29 Apr 2009 22:28 by Ken B..

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.393 seconds