Front Page

Content

Authors

Game Index

Forums

Site Tools

Submissions

About

Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Connect with other board gamers and organize online gaming here.

Play-by-forum LNOE or LOTR?

More
04 Jun 2009 01:23 #31340 by Grudunza
With all the talk of PBF Pull-my-finger and Rock-Scissors-Paper, and the plethora of PBF BSG games going on here and elsewhere, I was wondering if that might work for other games... Most of us F:ATties seem to really like Last Night on Earth (Barnes being the notable exception), so why not try a game of that as PBF? I might be willing to host/run such a game. I'd probably need permission from Flying Frog to use at least a few of the main graphics... they denied my request to share a Vassal module of that, otherwise we could just use that. But assuming everyone involved has the game and can keep track of their hand of cards, then I should be able to run it by showing the board and figures. Heck, the Flying Frog wiki site has all of the card details listed, so we might even be able to at least post the cards in text form, which would probably help. In any case, let me know if you're interested, and if so, I'll work out the details and we'll try to put something together. I'm thinking of a 5p game with 4 Heroes and one player as the Zombies, doing one of the shorter scenarios like Escape in the Truck.

Another PBF game I might be interested in hosting would be Lord of the Rings, possibly with F&F or Battlefields or Sauron.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jun 2009 03:51 - 04 Jun 2009 09:22 #31342 by Matt Thrower
I'd be interested in playing LNOE. But if you try and run a session of that appalling Knizia Rings rip-off, I'll petition Ken to have you banned.
Last edit: 04 Jun 2009 09:22 by Matt Thrower.

More
04 Jun 2009 08:22 #31348 by Ska_baron
Totally count me in for Last Night on Earth!

Preferably the as a hero. Only played as Zombies with my copy. Awesome for offering and let us know what FF says.

More
04 Jun 2009 09:42 #31351 by Ken B.
MattDP wrote:

I'd be interested in playing LNOE. But if you try and run a session of that appalling Knizia Rings rip-off, I'll petition Ken to have you banned.

I will do no such thing, sir-ah! LOTR is one of my favorite games. It's awesome. You're just a co-op hater, Matty-Too-Hatty.

More
04 Jun 2009 09:51 #31352 by Bullwinkle
I've never played LOTR, but I've eyed it for a while now, since it's co-op, and could be played solo. I'd give it a shot, if people don't mind playing with a newbie.

More
04 Jun 2009 12:12 #31372 by southernman
I can never work out why people get upset in these types of games (and Vassal online or PBEM) and expect everyone to own a copy - WTF ? When I play a face to face game with a group I may be the only one who owns a copy so what is the fucking difference.

I would be up for either/both game(s), but seeing as I'm in the current FAT BSG game and not wanting to be greedy just stick me on the reserve list to make up numbers if needed.

LotR is great with the Sauron expansion, haven't been able to try it with F&F though even though I have it.

More
04 Jun 2009 14:15 #31382 by ChristopherMD
Ken B. wrote:

MattDP wrote:

But if you try and run a session of that appalling Knizia Rings rip-off, I'll petition Ken to have you banned.

I will do no such thing, sir-ah! LOTR is one of my favorite games. It's awesome.

Hmmm...such strong opinions. I think I just found a future TD game. And as a bonus its another of Ken B's favorites.

More
04 Jun 2009 15:34 #31393 by metalface13
I've never played a PBF game, but I'd be down for either.

More
04 Jun 2009 16:04 #31396 by Ska_baron
metalface13 wrote:

I've never played a PBF game, but I'd be down for either.

Hear Hear!

All hail the HYPNOTOAD.

More
05 Jun 2009 11:10 #31445 by Grudunza
Okay, I have a message in to Jason at FFP, asking about whether we can do this. We'll see what he says... The thing is, I can understand a company not wanting a Vassal module or other online version of a game where it is, essentially, fully playable and accessible by anyone, but a PBF game is just a game being played, albeit publically, that can only be observed. Regardless, it's their intellectual property and their graphics and if they don't want it used in this way, for whatever reason, then we have to respect that.

I probably won't hear back anything soon, though, as FFP is busy at a con in Seattle this weekend.

More
05 Jun 2009 11:28 #31449 by Rliyen
I'm up for some punishment, sign me up for LOTR with Sauron, please!

More
05 Jun 2009 11:39 #31452 by southernman
Rliyen wrote:

If I get to be Sauron I'm gonna toast your lily white hairy hobbit ass !

More
05 Jun 2009 14:14 #31477 by Rliyen
Southernman wrote:

Rliyen wrote:

If I get to be Sauron I'm gonna toast your lily white hairy hobbit ass !

Bring it, Southern! I'll be looking forward to it! =o)

More
15 Jun 2009 23:39 #32253 by Grudunza
Okay, I'm going ahead with a PBF game of LNOE. I'm still waiting to hear back about whether I can use the actual game graphics, but regardless, I'll represent the game graphically in some way that will be understandable. So I'm taking input for roles. Post over at this thread on TOS if you want to be in the game. It'll be a 5 player game (1 zombie player only) of Escape in the Truck (LNOE only, no GH content).

More
16 Jun 2009 01:56 #32256 by Mr Skeletor
You know, LOTR would probably work really, really well as a PBEM. There would be fuck all overhead and not even a real need for a Mod. Not even a need for graphics or any of that other shit. Could be worth trying!

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds