Front Page

Content

Authors

Game Index

Forums

Site Tools

Submissions

About

Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Connect with other board gamers and organize online gaming here.

The F:AT Diplomacy Game Thread

More
01 Aug 2009 00:59 #36765 by lj1983
god i love this game...its amazing how what happens in turkey affects me on the other side of the continent

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Aug 2009 08:01 #36769 by Ryan B.
Aarontu wrote:

Ryan B. wrote:

I'm had just signed in as a guest and was watching the end result, as I had never used a PBEM before. But I guess you have not started yet, as you are in 1901 Winter.

Even so, it should be interesting when it does get started. Good luck, everyone.

Thanks! And feel free to take the role of America or some other faraway land by participating in the trash talk even though you don't actually have any armies or fleets anywhere near the action. :p

I appreciate that Aarontu. But really, its your guys game and you don't need some clown that didn't even sign up to play, egging it on from the sidelines. If I wanted to trash talk, I should have signed up.

Diplomacy is difficult enough as it is, right?

So here's hoping you get off to a good start. I'll have to go back and see who you were fortunate enough to draw.

Ryan B.

More
03 Aug 2009 05:10 #36864 by Matt Thrower
Is there any way we can review what occurred in the orders phase? Units have moved, but mine haven't ended up where I was expecting. I assume I had a bounce with Russia in the Black Sea, but my army in Smy should be in Con, and I can't see how that could have bounced with anyone ...

More
03 Aug 2009 07:40 #36865 by Aarontu
When looking at the map, hit the < button and it will show the "resolve orders phase". Arrows will show where all units tried to move or support, bounced orders will be grey arrows. If you look at "Map and Judging", it will show the exact orders to the right of the map.

More
03 Aug 2009 07:59 #36868 by Matt Thrower
Ah, that explains it. I'd issued an incorrect order.

I've asked Quozl nicely if he'll change it. Hopefully he will or I could be in trouble :)

More
10 Aug 2009 13:31 #37377 by Dogmatix
Recess is over kids. Don't forget that orders are due by 6:18PM EDT tonight :)

More
10 Aug 2009 17:27 #37404 by MattFantastic
Wow, I almost totally missed it...

More
11 Aug 2009 09:04 #37433 by lj1983
so far..pretty quiet in the north

More
11 Aug 2009 16:15 #37497 by MattFantastic
For our build orders, are we just submitting those along with our regular spring movement?

More
11 Aug 2009 19:04 #37510 by quozl
Just submit build orders and then we'll start the spring move.

More
12 Aug 2009 09:51 - 12 Aug 2009 09:53 #37534 by Matt Thrower
* deleted *
Last edit: 12 Aug 2009 09:53 by Matt Thrower.

More
24 Aug 2009 11:41 #38927 by quozl
The new year has started! How's everybody doing so far?

More
24 Aug 2009 11:46 #38930 by Matt Thrower
Very badly. But when Russia, Italy and Austria all join sides against Turkey, there's not much else to be done about it :)

Still, at least partly my own fault for not talking to Italy earlier, and planning to attack the one person in the region who probably would have helped me.

More
24 Aug 2009 11:54 #38936 by lj1983
this is my first online diplomacy. I realize I suck at talking to people in spurts like this.

More
24 Aug 2009 22:55 #39050 by Dogmatix
MattDP wrote:

Very badly. But when Russia, Italy and Austria all join sides against Turkey, there's not much else to be done about it :)

Still, at least partly my own fault for not talking to Italy earlier, and planning to attack the one person in the region who probably would have helped me.

Yea, that's an ugly spot you're in. Far as I can tell, Austria and Russia are soon going to consolidate their position and steamroll west and there's not much that can be done about it until they reach the French Turtle [after he finishes dismantling England for 2 more builds].

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds