Front Page

Content

Authors

Game Index

Forums

Site Tools

Submissions

About

Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Connect with other board gamers and organize online gaming here.

Looking for a PBEM Hannibal Opponent

More
17 Nov 2009 04:48 #47196 by KingPut
Ok, I'm back. And I'm up for a game. I don't care what side. I'm pretty clueless with Hannibal (Only 2 F2F and no play by mail games) so anyone who wants to pad their record?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Nov 2009 18:22 #47520 by Dr. Mabuse
Kingput do you have VASSAL? I find it's easier to keep track of our moves using it, also the ACTS map sucks balls.

I set-up a game called F:AT KINGPUT VS DR MABUSE. Any side preference?

More
22 Nov 2009 19:02 - 22 Nov 2009 19:04 #47675 by KingPut
I'm really digging Hannibal so far. Thanks Dr_Mabuse and Dogmatic for helping me navigate the Acts / Vassal stuff. Hopefully, killing elephants won't be as hard as Vassal.

I'm hoping to get a face to face game of Hannibal soon but if that doesn't work out I may hit WAM this in January to play some Hannibal and Combat Commander. Dogmatic you might want to check this out if you're wife is out of town and work isn't to crazy in January.

Winter Activation Meeting
Last edit: 22 Nov 2009 19:04 by KingPut.

More
26 Dec 2009 22:20 #51340 by lj1983
okay, another request for a hannibal opponent. Just got it for christmas and played through our first learning game. not sure I like it as much as Twilight Struggle, but I don't trust initial feelings on these sort of games.

anywho, looking for someone wanting to whup on a newbie...that or Successors if there are still floaters for that.

More
29 Dec 2009 17:53 #51572 by KingPut
Coming up February 1st will be an online Hannibal tournament:
online Hannibal tournament

I'm going to try it out. Also, there is a face to face tournament Jan. 28-31, 2010 for Hannibal, Twilight Struggles and Combat Commander in maryland. I'm hoping to hit for 1 or 2 days.
Face to Face Tournament

More
29 Dec 2009 19:32 #51578 by Dr. Mabuse
KingPut wrote:

I'm going to try it out. Also, there is a face to face tournament Jan. 28-31, 2010 for Hannibal, Twilight Struggles and Combat Commander in maryland. I'm hoping to hit for 1 or 2 days.
Face to Face Tournament

Hey Peter, how does one enter? I can't seem to find the info.

More
30 Dec 2009 00:04 #51583 by KingPut
Dr_Mabuse wrote:

KingPut wrote:

Face to Face Tournament

Got me. I'm thinking they haven't started sign up for it yet. I'll post and email you and Dogmatic if I get any more details.

More
02 Jan 2010 05:12 #51758 by Dogmatix
KingPut wrote:

Dr_Mabuse wrote:

KingPut wrote:

Face to Face Tournament

Got me. I'm thinking they haven't started sign up for it yet. I'll post and email you and Dogmatic if I get any more details.

Far as I can tell, the first thing you need in order to sign up is BPA membership. $10 is the annual fee for the lowest membership-tier; though it appears that check is the only payment method. This is, of course in line with the fact that the BPA is run by a cohort who still show up to their major con, the WBC, in horse-drawn carts (there's a reason it's held in Amish country!) and communicate via telegraph. I think I saw somewhere that international members have a paypal option but you need to jump through some hoops to make that happen.

So, Anthony, if you want to fill out the BPA membership form for the $10 (or whatever) level and don't get a quick (or satisfactory) response regarding paypal, you can email the completed form to me along with paypal for whatever the membership level fee and I'll cut a check to send with your form to get you signed up (the mailing address for BPA membership is essentially local to me; I sent my check late on the 27th for sustaining membership and had the "welcome" email with all the details for upcoming events by the morning of the 29th.)

Anyway, I'll forward along more details as soon as I can suss them out. There seemed to be a bunch of info about email and F2F tourneys in the "welcome email" that I glossed over on my way out of town on the 29th...

More
02 Jan 2010 12:50 #51770 by Dr. Mabuse
Cool thanks for the info Justin, I'll think on it.

More
14 Jan 2010 06:54 #53166 by KingPut
I just received this from WBC:

HANNIBAL PBeM CANCELED: Unfortunately, the GM for this event has had
to cancel his plans. It has been removed from our event calendar.

So anyone interested in a mini-FAT Hannibal Tournament?

More
14 Jan 2010 09:50 #53177 by Dr. Mabuse
Sign me up!

More
16 Jan 2010 20:23 #53344 by Dogmatix
Dr_Mabuse wrote:

Sign me up!

I'd be in

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds