Front Page

Content

Authors

Game Index

Forums

Site Tools

Submissions

About

Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Connect with other board gamers and organize online gaming here.

PBEM Solium Infernum

More
15 Feb 2010 14:57 #55588 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic Re:PBEM Solium Infernum
Ok, it's on. Willie Nelson will be fighting for domination of hell.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Feb 2010 21:11 #55710 by beuks33
Replied by beuks33 on topic Re:PBEM Solium Infernum
Damn the chosen of Willie Nelson's ability to mountainwalk and block me from TWO places of power in one fell swoop. *undying rage*

More
16 Feb 2010 23:35 #55718 by Gary Sax
CAN YOU DIG IT? SUCKKKKKKKKA!

More
26 Feb 2010 23:23 #56593 by beuks33
Ugh... started a Vendetta I just don't think I can finish. Things aren't looking good, although this really is still sort of a learning game for me. Doesn't mean Gary Sax won't open up the taunt gates unmercifully.

More
03 May 2010 18:38 #61707 by beuks33
Well that was fun, as expected I got my ass royally handed to me. Just couldn't recover from a crappy opening game and some bad decisions made well into the mid-game. Certainly would have played a vastly different game with the knowledge I have now.

I agree with some of the reviews on this game that it is like an onion, there is so much strategic depth that I'm really glad for the early game order limits. More FATties need to jump on the SI bandwagon!

More
03 May 2010 19:04 #61715 by Gary Sax
This is a really good game, especially once you grok it after a learning (read fucking up) game. Lutes beat me because I didn't understand the value of owning territory.

More
03 May 2010 22:36 #61730 by Jason Lutes
Replied by Jason Lutes on topic Re:PBEM Solium Infernum
beuks33 wrote:

Well that was fun, as expected I got my ass royally handed to me. Just couldn't recover from a crappy opening game and some bad decisions made well into the mid-game. Certainly would have played a vastly different game with the knowledge I have now.

That was great when you swiped my PoP near the end there!

More
03 May 2010 22:45 - 03 May 2010 23:02 #61733 by Jason Lutes
Replied by Jason Lutes on topic Re:PBEM Solium Infernum
Gary Sax wrote:

This is a really good game, especially once you grok it after a learning (read fucking up) game. Lutes beat me because I didn't understand the value of owning territory.

Yeah, that was fun. The rulebook is a must-read, there's so much stuff in there. The game is crazy dense with possibilities. I didn't even realize the value of holding cantons score-wise, I was just trying to grab all the land I could in order to maximize my Infernal Census event!

Now we just need to get a good 4-5 player game going. Barnes? Abner? Anyone? Barnes?
Last edit: 03 May 2010 23:02 by Jason Lutes.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds