Front Page

Content

Authors

Game Index

Forums

Site Tools

Submissions

About

Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Connect with other board gamers and organize online gaming here.

Phantom Leader PBF

More
11 May 2010 19:49 #62625 by Dogmatix
Replied by Dogmatix on topic Re:Phantom Leader PBF
At work from 0700 to 1900 today. Just home. Give a moment to stuff my face and I'll update the pilot choice in a minute.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 May 2010 19:59 #62627 by Dogmatix
I needed to reconfirm the nagging in the back of my head about Buick. It's now confirmed--he ain't worth a shit shaken until he's promoted and he's one bumpy flight away from that status.

Poco, on the other hand, can still at least fly and shoot after a bad day. I'd vote for taking Poco with a rangy AtA loadout, though I suspect may have to sit the next one out.

More
11 May 2010 20:15 - 11 May 2010 21:30 #62631 by Schweig!
Replied by Schweig! on topic Re:Phantom Leader PBF
Doesn't Buick need 9 experience points to get promoted?

According to my calculations Gringo carrying 4 Mk. 84 bombs has a 80.56% chance of scoring 6 or more hits on the target; 88.56% for 5 or more and 94.72% for 4 or more hits. So we might want to take along another one or two Mk. 84s.
Last edit: 11 May 2010 21:30 by Schweig!.

More
11 May 2010 22:15 - 11 May 2010 22:20 #62639 by Dogmatix
Schweig! wrote:

Doesn't Buick need 9 experience points to get promoted?

According to my calculations Gringo carrying 4 Mk. 84 bombs has a 80.56% chance of scoring 6 or more hits on the target; 88.56% for 5 or more and 94.72% for 4 or more hits. So we might want to take along another one or two Mk. 84s.

I meant that Buick is 1 bumpy flight away from being Shaken, not promoted. With 9 xps needed, he's destined to be Jr. Wingman for life--or until 1968, whichever ends first ;)

Wish we had running log of suggested loadouts somewhere in the thread that can be quickly quoted and updated for suggested changes. I haven't sifted through all the stuff yet to see. Are you suggesting Poco sit out or that he take a some Mk84 in his loadout...
Last edit: 11 May 2010 22:20 by Dogmatix.

More
11 May 2010 23:35 #62648 by Schweig!
Nah I was just wondering whether somebody can still carry a few bombs. I can load two or three Mk. 82s onto Easy Money's plane, too, which should yield a pretty much guaranteed hit.

More
12 May 2010 03:41 #62658 by Bullwinkle
Replied by Bullwinkle on topic Re:Phantom Leader PBF
If Poco's coming along, then he and Showtime can handle AtA duties and Barbarian can shift to AtG. Since Easy Money's fast, he should stick to handling the sites, especially if we're coming in from the east.

More
12 May 2010 05:24 #62660 by Matt Thrower
Replied by Matt Thrower on topic Re:Phantom Leader PBF
Don't forget that AtA pilots can carry 2WP worth of AtG bombs without penalty. Since we're at no weight penalty on this mission that leaves space for the eight AtA slots I reckon we'd need.

Anyway - final decision on what to take is down to individuals. I've loaded up Barbarian with 2 rockets, 2 Mk 82 and a Mk 84 - fill out your payloads and we'll start the mission.

Final decision on what approach to use is down to the Moose. I don't believe we've reached a consensus yet?

More
12 May 2010 06:34 - 12 May 2010 06:39 #62664 by Bullwinkle
Okay, I'm going to vote for the west. It's just less risky, and doesn't really change EM's loadout. If he drops a couple CBUs on the Zu in the west, maybe 1 CBU for suppression/destruction of the infantry in the center, and 2 rockets to suppress the M1939 when over target, that's more or less the same loadout but less risk to our planes, because the rockets get the suppression bonus.

Showtime will take 2 AIM-7s and 6 AIM-9s. I'll update the spreadsheet.

EDIT: I added a line to allow for 8 weapons. I've also put the links to the current target image and spreadsheet in my sig so I don't have to keep swapping pages to find the links.
Last edit: 12 May 2010 06:39 by Bullwinkle.

More
12 May 2010 06:43 #62665 by Matt Thrower
Bullwinkle wrote:

EDIT: I added a line to allow for 8 weapons. I've also put the links to the current target image and spreadsheet in my sig so I don't have to keep swapping pages to find the links.

Great idea on the sigs, but how can Showtime carry 8 weapons with a weight limit on the plane of 6

More
12 May 2010 07:02 #62666 by Bullwinkle
MattDP wrote:

Bullwinkle wrote:

Great idea on the sigs, but how can Showtime carry 8 weapons with a weight limit on the plane of 6

I was thinking of Hornets, not Phantoms. Well, we need 8 lines for the A-6s anyway. I'll change Showtime's loadout.

More
12 May 2010 07:30 #62669 by Dogmatix
I've loaded Poco up for AtA...

More
12 May 2010 08:27 - 12 May 2010 08:54 #62670 by Schweig!
Ready for take-off.

By the way, I won't be online from tomorrow (Thursday) morning until Sunday evening. Sorry about that. Feel free to fly my planes though.
Last edit: 12 May 2010 08:54 by Schweig!.

More
12 May 2010 08:43 #62673 by Matt Thrower
OK then, here we go. Take-off and target bound.

F:AT wing, we've got some good news for you. An AC-47 Squadron has just signalled itself in the area of your target and with mission time and ammo spare. Just say where you want the fire - should ease your trip in.

Your target inbound event is AC-47 Spooky. We get to destroy one site. Either the ZSU in the West approach or that M1939 I would think. We could do the latter and come in from the east but we have to deal with a ZSU in either direction, so it's kind of a moot point.

I'm for striking the M1939 as it has the highest potential to cause damage. Thoughts?

More
12 May 2010 08:57 #62675 by Schweig!
I'm also for attacking the M1939. If this succeeds we should then come in from the East where I will try to take out the Zu-23-2 with Easy Money's rockets. Should that attack fail I can still drop CBUs on it in turn 2.

More
12 May 2010 09:02 - 12 May 2010 09:05 #62677 by Matt Thrower
Schweig! wrote:

I'm also for attacking the M1939. If this succeeds we should then come in from the East where I will try to take out the Zu-23-2 with Easy Money's rockets. Should that attack fail I can still drop CBUs on it in turn 2.

It's not an attack - it's a guaranteed removal. The M1939 is toast.

I'm going to presume we go with this plan since it seems the most obvious. Easy Money is going to roll against the ZSU - if this succeeds this mission should be a cakewalk.

Drawing bandits now. Will remove anything dangerous in center area automatically.
Last edit: 12 May 2010 09:05 by Matt Thrower.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds