Front Page

Content

Authors

Game Index

Forums

Site Tools

Submissions

About

Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Connect with other board gamers and organize online gaming here.

Arkham Horror PBEM

More
12 Oct 2010 19:57 - 12 Oct 2010 19:59 #76561 by KingPut
Replied by KingPut on topic Re:Arkham Horror PBEM
Day 2 A bad rumor spread through Arkham "The Stars are Right". To crush this rumor we'd have to sacrifice an Ally in the Downtown Street. Nobody had an Ally or any chance of getting an Ally anytime soon.

Michael McGlen was braver than I thought as he headed to French Hills (he passed a sanity check) but then it took him all 8 shots to kill a Zombie.

Darrell went to Hibbs Road house to get a clue and hopefully find an Ally to stop the Rumor but all he got was some Whiskey. Now we have 2 sticks of Dynamite and 2 bottles of Whiskey but no Allies (sounds like a typical game of AH with F:atties)

Gloria went down to the Historical Society to get a clue and look for an Ally. She met Cindy Fleming a young Geology Professor who took Gloria to the Black Cave. Well that drunken wench ended up getting chased out the cave by hundreds of bats and she lost 1 stamina.

Jenny - After hearing of all the bad luck my fellow investigators were having, I decided to head down to the Science Building but when I entered the Science Building everything was very strange. I ended falling into a deep dreamlike state (enters the Dreamland). There I see a Golden City which I begin to obsess over. Luckily, I temporarily break out the dream state (Jenny passed a luck -1 check or else she would have been delayed).
Last edit: 12 Oct 2010 19:59 by KingPut.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Oct 2010 20:39 #76562 by Mr Skeletor
Replied by Mr Skeletor on topic Re:Arkham Horror PBEM
A zombie?

More
12 Oct 2010 21:06 #76565 by KingPut
Mr Skeletor wrote:

A zombie?

Zombie, Ghoul whatever they're both undead dudes.

More
14 Oct 2010 19:05 #76720 by KingPut
Day 3 After the terrible rumor in day 2, day 3 started out much better "All Quiet in Arkham" All investigates may be blessed if they pass a -1 Luck check. A gate opened in the Woods and out came a Flying Pulyp. A night Guant flew down and attacked Michael McGlen (Mr. Skeletor) who was in the French Hill Street.

I was Blessed as moved to the 2nd part of the Dreamland and Darrell (MattDP) was Blessed as he moved to the Grave Yard to pick up a clue and to search for Allies.

Gloria Southernman had Luck at 2 so he was only rolling 1 dice to see if got blessed. Southernman had been cursing Vassal's dice rolling for the last couple of days. Here is word for word from Southernman's log:

Don't ANYBODY dare laugh ... especially Aussies with a swag load of gold medals and a machine gun.

Here goes nothing on the Blessing from the T2 Mythos - Luck 2 -1 = 1Dice
*** Southernman rolls 1d6: 6 ***
All is forgiven Vassal - you are my new non-living best buddy
Blessing please
Upkeep: Roll to keep Blessing (Yes you guys forgot that)
*** Southernman rolls 1d6: 1 ***
I don't frakkin believe it ...... well I do actually. Vassal was just tormenting me. I should have forgot about it as well. BUGGER !!
Movement: I'll move over to The Unnameable and take that clue.

We should have left it like that but I sent this email:

KingPut - It's probably a house rule but we never roll for upkeep the first turn you get blessed. Mr. Skeletor your call on this.

From Mr. Skeletor - It's not a house rule, it's a proper rule.

<Mr Skeletor> - Time to see if I be blessed
<Mr Skeletor> - :Luck 3 - 1 = 2d
*** Mr Skeletor rolls 2d6: 5,5 ***
<Mr Skeletor> - I feel God is going in me, ohhh-boy!
<Mr Skeletor> - "What the fuck is THAT!!!"
<Mr Skeletor> - Horror Check 4 - 1 = 3d
*** Mr Skeletor rolls 3d6: 1,3,3 ***
<Mr Skeletor> - "GYAHHHHHH!" - McGlen loses 1 sanity.
<Mr Skeletor> - "EAT LEAD SHITBIRD!" - Combat using Tommygunn
<Mr Skeletor> - Combat Check - 3 + 6 -2 = 7d. 2 hits needed
*** Mr Skeletor rolls 7d6: 2,2,2,4,5,5,6 ***
* Mr Skeletor decreases Michael McGlen's Sanity *
<Mr Skeletor> - "BLAM BLAM BLAM" - Nightgaunt goes bye bye

More
15 Oct 2010 20:38 #76837 by KingPut
Day 3 continues:

Gloria (Southernman) I'll head over to the Unnamable to get a clue and look for an Ally to kill the Rumor. I end up bumping into Eric Colt who tells me a horrible tale of the Mythos to test her nerves - she loses 2 Sanity, does it send me insane ? no problem for me with all the visions I've had in my life. Eric agrees to accompany me (horny bastard) - until I leave him or he leaves me he gives me +2 Speed and prevents Sanity loss from Nightmarish monsters.

I can dump him in the Downtown streets next turn (as long as no gates open here) on my way up to check in at the Asylum (unless some clues pop up nearby).

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds