Front Page

Content

Authors

Game Index

Forums

Site Tools

Submissions

About

Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Connect with other board gamers and organize online gaming here.

Help with Arkham Horror vassal mod

More
15 Nov 2010 11:29 #79456 by Grudunza
Southernman wrote:

andyinkuwait wrote:

Southernman wrote:

As for the items you open your Player box (P1, P2 etc) and keep all your shit in there, including stamina and sanity. You can adjust your stuff in the box (right click sliders to change abilities, delete tokens, flip cards when you exhaust them) to keep you up to date. And as for no text on the Common items we just use the Arkham Horror wiki site to save pulling all your cards out to read them.

Doesn't this mean FFG are simply making it more irritating to use VASSAL modules? I mean if you can get card text from the wiki, what the fuck is the point of deleting the text in the VASSAL module apart from making players angry at the pettiness of it all?

I think it is probably fair of them, they could have just done a Games Workshop and banned all modules for their products (SPI and Avalanche Press as well it seems). I probably shouldn't have posted about the wiki 8-(.

Yeah, I guess we should be grateful that they're allowing it at all. Personally, I think a better method from a marketing standpoint would have been to allow the full game in terms of gameplay, but only a limited number of investigators and GOOs (e.g. 8 investigators of the 16 and 4 of the 8 GOOs). That way, it's not a pain in the ass for people to play and for new players to use, but it also encourages purchase of the board game to get the full set.

If FFG is concerned about the availability of a full module with all card text hurting sales somehow, I think the opposite is probably true. I had never played AH before trying a Vassal module a couple years ago. Now, I own the base game, all seven expansions and the set of custom dice, and I'll be getting all of the figures at some point soon. Just sayin'...

But it's their IP and product, so of course they should do whatever they think is best with it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds