Front Page

Content

Authors

Game Index

Forums

Site Tools

Submissions

About

Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Connect with other board gamers and organize online gaming here.

Alien Frontier VASSAL?

More
19 Jan 2011 19:56 #85178 by ozjesting
Now that I've got Twilight Struggle running with Matt...I am excited to get another in the mail so to speak!

I see that Alien Frontier is at 1.4 in the mod at VASSAL..but I also note concern there is a board update bug.

BUT, assuming that is fixed soon...any chance 3 of you want to join me in this top rated game?

BUT...I have never played a multi player game on VASSAL. I think I asked this before but can't find it...how do you do multiplayer. When I take a turn do I send log to EVERY player who than open each file in turn order? Or do I just send it to the next player and it will all be sweet by the time it returns to me?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jan 2011 08:40 #85201 by Matt Thrower
I'd play.

With multi-player Vassal its courteous to send out the log file to all the players for each move, but you don't actually have to play each and every one back. They roll on top of one another, so if you just play back the one from the previous player before you, it should have recorded all the changes in game state between now and when you last took a turn.

More
20 Jan 2011 19:27 #85244 by ozjesting
Replied by ozjesting on topic Re:Alien Frontier VASSAL?
File sent Matt. Will run a short 2p to see if issues actually exist.

But...anyone else want to play if it is fine?

More
02 Mar 2011 18:59 #89640 by ozjesting
Replied by ozjesting on topic Re:Alien Frontier VASSAL?
In the VASSAL for Vasel match it was Zev holding out a fast finishing MattDP for line honours on a tie break!

We also got the mod updated to 1.5 ;) You can get it by clicking this...

vassalforge.org/index.php?option=com_doc...id=353&Itemid=100053

Now Zev and I are keen to play again...is there 1 or 2 more of you who would like to take to the stars? Southern I am looking at you!

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds