October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2510 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place for boardgame traitors.

Guardians Report! A Destiny Thread.

More
14 Apr 2016 16:20 #225873 by jeb

Feelitmon wrote: Have you been getting new ships in faction packages too, or did I just get lucky?

Haven't leveled a faction yet in the new scheme, I'll let you know. I could use a new ship I tell ya. I'l probably buy one from Variks once I have enough PoE/CoE.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 May 2016 17:36 #227050 by jeb
Held it together in Iron Banner, getting a 320 Shell, finally. That puts me north of 310 when maximizing Light Level and that makes stuff decrypt at a higher plateau. I am inching up, even without Raids/Nightfalls.

I have settled on my PvP loadout for Titan:
  • Mida Multi-Tool (Exotic Scout Rifle)
  • Decent shotgun (Using Patch-A @ 307LL, but arguably my Strongbow-D is better)
  • Baron's Ambition (Legendary Machine Gun)
I do swap to 1000-Yard Stare on some maps, where I know some good spots for Sniping. But I have a skill loadout that lets me close superfast, so shotgun is usually better for me.

I am a Striker, i.e., a Lightning guy, so I can do the Shoulder Charge, and I wear the Helm of Inmost Light, so my Fist of Havoc lands from crazy far away and has Aftershock for anyone that survives the hit or wanders close for the next couple seconds.

If the Map is Control, or Zone Control, I switch to Defender, because I can hold a Zone all by myself once I make a bubble and my team and run off and get shit done.

Mida Multi-Tool is going to be hard for me to give up, I tell you. It just keeps landing and fires so fast. I think the Aim Assist is about a billion on this thing. I can headshot folks from across the map: CHOCK CHOCK CHOCK.

When using Warlock, it's Stormcaller, with Impossible Machines for the panicky clear and then floaty death rays. As Hunter I use Nightstalker with Black Hole to lock folks down for ten minutes or whatever while my team picks them all off.

More
05 May 2016 19:44 #227058 by Feelitmon
DUDE! That Mida Multi-Tool was my bane in this last Iron Banner. Every time I lost a long range scout rifle duel it seemed like the kill log showed my opponent with one of those rifles. It seemed like they were strafing back and forth faster too, to the point where I've just assumed that that's a feature of the gun too: extra agility or extra strafing speed. Scout rifles are fun for going after snipers: it feels good to nail those suckas.

The Iron Banner was a lot of fun, and really rewarding. I've played enough PvP now that I have favorite maps and, well, less favorite maps. The Drifter--that map that's set on the derelict starship in the Reef--is a wonderful idea for a map but man, it's too frustrating for me to enjoy. It's just too chaotic for me: tiny map + tiny and twisty corridors = radar is almost meaningless and I just know I'm going to get randomly shot in the back a lot, LOL.

I like the maps that have indoors and outdoors, that have sniping lanes that you can avoid if you need to, and that generally provide opportunities for all specs and weapon types. A lot of maps meet those criteria, which is very cool. Also, I love how weather effects and time-of-day apply to PvP maps too, not just to the PvE zones.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
05 May 2016 20:57 #227063 by jeb
vv

Feelitmon wrote: DUDE! That Mida Multi-Tool was my bane in this last Iron Banner. Every time I lost a long range scout rifle duel it seemed like the kill log showed my opponent with one of those rifles. It seemed like they were strafing back and forth faster too, to the point where I've just assumed that that's a feature of the gun too: extra agility or extra strafing speed. Scout rifles are fun for going after snipers: it feels good to nail those suckas.

That's exactly it--the name of the perk is Mida Multi-Tool and it's "This weapon boosts movement speed and fires on a hair trigger." It also comes with Third Eye, so radar is active when looking down sights. So you can zigzag and fire faster than Hung Jury, say, and be aware that someone's coming up from behind if needed. The range is lower and the impact is lower than a gun like Hung Jury I guess, but in PvP that basically doesn't matter.

More
06 May 2016 08:16 #227078 by Legomancer
Pretty sure I'm done with Destiny. I'm just not a "plays with or against other people" guy. I'm not good enough to go up against other players and I don't care enough about it to get that good. I finished the single-player story stuff and what's left just isn't that interesting to me.

More
06 May 2016 10:21 #227096 by Black Barney
yeah i really need to delete this off my hard drive. I haven't played in months and I have a new buddy who plays now down in OZ and I just have no desire to play even with him. I must be done with the game.

More
08 Nov 2016 14:36 - 08 Nov 2016 14:51 #237753 by boothwah
I'm playing. Xbox tag for Xbox one is......boothwah. If you wanna friend me put FaT in the message
Last edit: 08 Nov 2016 14:51 by boothwah.

More
08 Nov 2016 16:43 #237765 by Legomancer
I got back into it with Rise of Iron and have been enjoying it again. I've gone out of my comfort zone, doing strikes with randos and raids and even Crucible with some pals. Also doing more exploring of some of the side things on my own. Last night me and 3 other people I don't know were doing Archon's Forge sessions over and over and over until we ran out of SIVA offerings. It was a fun time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
22 Mar 2017 18:06 - 22 Mar 2017 18:10 #245521 by boothwah
Anyone else excited about Age of Triumph? I picked up the game late - November - and have now powered all my dudes up to 400 light. I spent the last week cleaning out my vault and I'm down to only a dozen or so favorites for each weapon class + exotics - I'm having a blast - Looking forward to the next Iron banner as the last one was tons of fun once I had gear at a level high enough to compete.

My poor baby Hunter - which was my first toon - is stuck with a lifetime k/d of like .68 because of all the Iron banner I did 3 weeks into the game under light leveled. My Warlock and Titan are both around 1.1 to 1.3. I'm old. I hardscope a lot. I do best in the 6's matches where I can run in a group and only have to worry about 2 or 3 firing lanes at a time. There's days where my thumbs grow mighty and I can can run a respectable handgun (sidearm) hunter and win pogo stick duals, but most of the time I like just running around in the teamshoot playlists. And for all the whining about the current meta, it;s really fun for casuals in 6's right now. The sweaty players can bitch about a broken game because they play a mode that rewards you for playing the most broken thing and breaking it as far as it can go.

I've been walked through the VoG and some of WotM. I may do the raiding thing with my clan if I can find a night that works for the fam. But otherwise I'm happy running around shooting stuff in strikes and crucible atm.

I have no desire to step into Trials. Maybe to finish my record book and throw a few games. But that's it.

So if you're on Xbox and want a thoroughly enthusiastic older fellow to play space magic guns with, add me. gamertag is boothwah.*

/*please send me a note you're from FaT so that i accept it
//because I;m still dodging invites from a group that pulled me into some of their pug raids, and while it was a nice experience, and I did learn a lot, the whole crowd is a bunch of pot heads or (more likely) wannabe pot heads that announce 3 or four times a play session...time for another dab.
///I could care less, but there's something pathetic about fishing for affirmation for your self medication. Same as the guys who announce that they are on their fourth beer.

EDIT - P.S. - I;m up for all kinds of casual shenanigans - So if you want to go grind taken on Venus for Queen's Wrath bounties or whatever, cool.
Last edit: 22 Mar 2017 18:10 by boothwah.

More
22 Mar 2017 18:54 #245524 by jeb
I didn't buy Rise of Iron, so I am capped at what, like LL320? Something like that. I haven't played in ages and my inventory is a fucking mess. I should hop back in. Such a fun game. PS4, though, sorry, boothwah. I did run into MattDP one though, that was a good time. We just hopped around Venus, shooting Taken.

I have kept all the original Armor from my Hunter toon. I'm going to head out with that and some sweet guns and see how much damage I can do.

More
23 Mar 2017 07:49 #245536 by Matt Thrower

jeb wrote: . I did run into MattDP one though, that was a good time. We just hopped around Venus, shooting Taken.

That's all you do in Destiny all the time, though, right?

It was a sweet moment, mind. Finding someone you know in all the vastness of the universe.

I'm pretty much done with Destiny. Got maybe 40 hours of play time out of it, hit the level cap, did some grinding for legendary gear. Once you've got the nice stuff, it gets repetitive. I might feel differently if I had a regular posse of friends and enough time to run the big Raids and such, treat it more like a social game. But I don't so, time to move on.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.494 seconds