October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2510 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place for boardgame traitors.

Breath of the Wild Dedicated Thread

More
13 Mar 2017 13:22 - 13 Mar 2017 13:23 #245089 by fastbilly1
Since I got a decent amount of snow on Saturday, and didnt feel like mounting the gate doors I just built. I spent a good bit of time in Zelda. 80+ shrines down and 3 divine beasts conquered. My advice to all of you still early in the game:
  • Buy the sneaking suit in Kakariko as early as you can and upgrade it to level 2 as soon as possible (it will need the sneaking flower and the green fireflies). This will allow you to sneak up on animals to kill for meat, and allow you to bypass alot of fights.
  • If you need money, cook five of the same kind of meat, or sell your gems - you can always get more.
  • Learn how to avoid fights or damage enemies with the bomb app. You will have to fight, but keep trash weapons for killing trash. Save your good weapons for bigger fights.
  • Keep a wooden bow, a bone weapon/torch/laser, and a wooden/laser shield on you at all times. Lighting is no joke.
  • Guardians will suck for a long time. Thankfully there are only a couple you have to worry about before you can handle them (specifically there is one in Akkala). Also note that Guardians respawn during a bloodmoon.
  • Get two upgrades to stamina as early as possible and approach as many areas from on high as possible. Combining the hang glider and Bombs makes you a B52. You can strafe bomb an area thoroughly then you will just have to pick of the weakened enemies. Or you can just be up high and throw bombs down and shoot arrows.
  • Arrows are expensive, but worth it to have as many as possible. You can find them in the wild, but if you are down to just an archer enemy, make him miss and grab the arrows from him, you can get two from them every time.
  • Lynels are nasty, even later game. Silver Lynels are worth hunting though since they drop one of each gems, but they have more HP than most bosses. Do not fight them at ranged, you will not win unless you are using the endgame arrows.
  • Learn to dodge and fury attack. You can beat alot of the game without it, but by the time you get to the Camel you will need it.
  • Use your map. Mark places where you can find ore or ingredients, korok puzzles, shrines. Make it a point to scan the horizon when you are on a Shekiah waypoint and look for the orange (easiest at night). Use the scope and flag them with the different color pillars, then open your map and convert the colors to markers (I use the sword). Then you can backtrack to them later.
Last edit: 13 Mar 2017 13:23 by fastbilly1.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Mar 2017 14:42 #245125 by Black Barney
here you go you idiots, you will love this

The following user(s) said Thank You: SebastianBludd, san il defanso, OldHippy

More
22 Mar 2017 10:29 #245492 by san il defanso
On my quest to get into Gerudo City, I was looking for something that would give me the rupees I needed. I was scouring the mountains for rushrooms, since a guy offered to pay me a diamond if I could find enough for him (like 55, which is ridiculous). As I scaled mountains, I made it to the top of the tallest one, where there was a rock talus. Link's propensity to roll when he gets hit made it kind of risky to take a hit. That included the one time when I took a hit, rolled slowly toward the edge, and then inched over the cliff and fell thousands of feet to my death. Someone will need to do a study sometime on why I find this so amusing.

More
22 Mar 2017 18:47 #245523 by wadenels
My curiosity has gotten me knocked off a number of peaks and cliffs. I rapid-tap X to get Link to shake out of it and deploy the paraglider. If the fall is big enough it works.

I've been playing a ton of BotW. 40-ish hours in for me. I've gotten two Divine Beasts and the Master Sword and I still have about 50% of the map undiscovered. Still having a blast.

More
29 Mar 2017 02:12 #245738 by Thrun
theconcourse.deadspin.com/god-help-me-i-...elda-game-1793718635

this is the only review of BotW which makes any sense to me, its fucking boring as shite and I think its got that crap kickstarter euro following where drones of nerds are too scared to admit it so like the Emperors New Clothes will pretend theyre enjoying it. A bit like that shit Scythe, only worse. Every point this review makes is on the money

More
29 Mar 2017 10:15 #245753 by the_jake_1973
That reviewer sounds like a miserable coont.

I was enjoying it from the time I picked up my first axe and proceeded to deforest the plateau. Finding novel ways to dispatch the enemies is also part of the 'magic'. Horse combat is a viable option unlike Skyrim. You can go nearly anywhere since they made a character who could climb. I really like the durability mechanic. It leads to some inventory issues, but it is not the chore he makes it out to be.

More
29 Mar 2017 13:26 #245762 by OldHippy
Some people don't like Beethoven.

More
29 Mar 2017 13:58 #245764 by san il defanso

Bojack wrote: theconcourse.deadspin.com/god-help-me-i-...elda-game-1793718635

this is the only review of BotW which makes any sense to me, its fucking boring as shite and I think its got that crap kickstarter euro following where drones of nerds are too scared to admit it so like the Emperors New Clothes will pretend theyre enjoying it. A bit like that shit Scythe, only worse. Every point this review makes is on the money

I dunno man, I genuinely have had to tear myself away because I was going to bed thinking about the game and waking up thinking about it still. I don't know if that'll translate into long-term love, but it's easily the most addictive game I've played since the original Super Mario Galaxy.

I can see not digging the open-world elements, the weapon durability, or the more low-key story. But it totally works for me. Frankly, I think I've had to do less talking myself into loving this game than just about anything else I've played. I know the feeling of having to do that, because I did it with Skyward Sword for literally years. I love this game effortlessly.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.322 seconds