- Posts: 6878
- Thank you received: 5657
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)
Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.
If you haven't jumped in yet, I might suggest letting them patch this motherfucker a few times.
On the positive side, I'm starting to see chances for cool stealth kills, and hacking has gotten to be more important as well. I robbed a vending machine, YEAH STICK IT TO THE MAN
Since I am receiving the PC version of Cyberpunk 2077, I am confident that they will address the worst patches in the near future, and eventually take care of the rest. At my leisurely rate of play, that should be fine.
hotseatgames wrote: Troika's demise was a tragedy. If I recall the story correctly, they made an ill-fated choice to use the Source engine, and the contract stipulated that they could not release their game before Half-Life 2 came out. They ran out of money while waiting.
That, plus somebody hacked and leaked Half-Life 2 during development, causing a major delay in the production and release. That in created delays for Bloodlines, and Troika didn't have the deep pockets to survive it. Due to the rushed final development, the final section of Bloodlines is mostly lacking in stealth or social solutions, requiring any character to make it that far to switch to a purely violent approach to the rest of the game.
I actually couldn't finish it because my character couldn't kill the Asian vampire even if I spent all my bullets on it.
- 3D objects are still a little glitchy. Mobs can occasionally port through walls (bad), or get hung up on geometry (REALLY good, once). But I haven't crashed yet.
- I've gotten the hang of driving the car. For me at least, I have to drive from the outside of the car. And unlike Roach in Witcher 3, you have to actually drive the car a little. Ramming into other cars doesn't get you in trouble with the law, but it does defeat the purpose of driving the car in the first place. Obey traffic control devices, stay in your lane, etc.
- Since I never read my screens, I didn't find out that you could disenchant loot for a good long time.
Spoilers up to the beginning of Act 2.
- I'm now possessed by Keanu Reeves. Cool.
- Every NPC in the game wants to sell me a car or a motorcycle. I bought the absolute shittiest one I could, but they think I want a better one. Maybe if/when I'm swimming in cash.
- I thought the end of Act 1 was pretty good. Not quite up to Witcher 3 standards, but good. Being in the room when the Emperor got killed gave me a laugh.
I'm actually pretty good about not blasting through a crowd with my car, so maybe I have just been lucky in where I've hit the other cars.
hotseatgames wrote: I had a cop witness me hit another car and they got pissed. While I was escaping I accidentally ran over a pedestrian, and they got MORE pissed. I escaped though; they are not as competent as the police in GTA.
I know they'll get mad at you if they catch you jacking into a terminal in broad daylight right in front of them.
I've been playing the game on Hard, and surprisingly enough, it's hard. At least for me it is. That was from what I was told when I played Witcher 3 - don't play lower than Hard, because Normal was too easy.
- Posts: 12565
- Thank you received: 8088