October 09, 2023
2509 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2708 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place for boardgame traitors.

Cyberpunk 2077

More
10 Dec 2020 21:32 #317046 by hotseatgames
Replied by hotseatgames on topic Cyberpunk 2077
I *think* I'm nearing the end of Act 1, and the story has jumped off considerably. The main mission is really cool, and I would be playing it right now, HAD THE GODDAMN GAME got stuck in "analysis" mode and I had to reload a save. I got frustrated and quit.

If you haven't jumped in yet, I might suggest letting them patch this motherfucker a few times.

On the positive side, I'm starting to see chances for cool stealth kills, and hacking has gotten to be more important as well. I robbed a vending machine, YEAH STICK IT TO THE MAN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Dec 2020 22:15 #317048 by Shellhead
Replied by Shellhead on topic Cyberpunk 2077
The last time that I jumped immediately on a new release PC game was 2004, when my girlfriend bought me Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. I had a defective installation disc, so I wasn't even able to load the game and had to send it back for a replacement. By the time I got my replacement up and running, they were already working on patches for the buggy release. But Troika managed to do all the crucial patches before going out of business, and then the fans took over and continued to work on mods and patches for the last 16 years. I am currently playing through the excellent Clan Quest mod for Bloodlines.

Since I am receiving the PC version of Cyberpunk 2077, I am confident that they will address the worst patches in the near future, and eventually take care of the rest. At my leisurely rate of play, that should be fine.

More
10 Dec 2020 22:19 #317049 by hotseatgames
Troika's demise was a tragedy. If I recall the story correctly, they made an ill-fated choice to use the Source engine, and the contract stipulated that they could not release their game before Half-Life 2 came out. They ran out of money while waiting.

More
10 Dec 2020 23:32 #317052 by hotseatgames
Finished act 1. Keannu Reeves has entered the stage. I'm prepared to say this game is good.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, RobertB

More
10 Dec 2020 23:45 #317053 by Shellhead

hotseatgames wrote: Troika's demise was a tragedy. If I recall the story correctly, they made an ill-fated choice to use the Source engine, and the contract stipulated that they could not release their game before Half-Life 2 came out. They ran out of money while waiting.

That, plus somebody hacked and leaked Half-Life 2 during development, causing a major delay in the production and release. That in created delays for Bloodlines, and Troika didn't have the deep pockets to survive it. Due to the rushed final development, the final section of Bloodlines is mostly lacking in stealth or social solutions, requiring any character to make it that far to switch to a purely violent approach to the rest of the game.

More
11 Dec 2020 08:27 #317058 by hotseatgames
Can you imagine taking Valve at their word about anything time related?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
11 Dec 2020 09:21 #317060 by Erik Twice
Replied by Erik Twice on topic Cyberpunk 2077
Bloodlines had potential but once you move outside of the main area the game just desintegrates. If I recall, the copy-pasted hotel is in Hollywood and that's one of the worst parts of the game.

I actually couldn't finish it because my character couldn't kill the Asian vampire even if I spent all my bullets on it.

More
11 Dec 2020 10:37 #317065 by Shellhead
That asian vampire gave me a lot of trouble (translation: I died repeatedly) until I accidentally discovered that she couldn't hit me if I crouched in a corner of the room. That gave me the leisure to notice that her tentacles were bulletproof but her head wasn't. So I would crouch in the corner, patiently aim and wait for clear headshots... and it still felt like it took 100 shots to kill her.

More
12 Dec 2020 05:19 #317103 by Erik Twice
Replied by Erik Twice on topic Cyberpunk 2077
The game is full of bad design like that. I beat a boss in the sewers by running back past a point where they wouln't come, heal back and then attack over and over. Still, I just emptied all my bullets and nothing. I even spent all the flamethrower charges you could carry and the damage was minimal.

More
14 Dec 2020 13:43 #317165 by RobertB
Replied by RobertB on topic Cyberpunk 2077
Okay, finished with Act I.

- 3D objects are still a little glitchy. Mobs can occasionally port through walls (bad), or get hung up on geometry (REALLY good, once). But I haven't crashed yet.

- I've gotten the hang of driving the car. For me at least, I have to drive from the outside of the car. And unlike Roach in Witcher 3, you have to actually drive the car a little. Ramming into other cars doesn't get you in trouble with the law, but it does defeat the purpose of driving the car in the first place. Obey traffic control devices, stay in your lane, etc.

- Since I never read my screens, I didn't find out that you could disenchant loot for a good long time.

Spoilers up to the beginning of Act 2.
Warning: Spoiler!

More
14 Dec 2020 14:24 #317170 by hotseatgames
I had a cop witness me hit another car and they got pissed. While I was escaping I accidentally ran over a pedestrian, and they got MORE pissed. I escaped though; they are not as competent as the police in GTA.

More
14 Dec 2020 15:29 #317177 by RobertB
Replied by RobertB on topic Cyberpunk 2077

hotseatgames wrote: I had a cop witness me hit another car and they got pissed. While I was escaping I accidentally ran over a pedestrian, and they got MORE pissed. I escaped though; they are not as competent as the police in GTA.

I'm actually pretty good about not blasting through a crowd with my car, so maybe I have just been lucky in where I've hit the other cars.

I know they'll get mad at you if they catch you jacking into a terminal in broad daylight right in front of them.

I've been playing the game on Hard, and surprisingly enough, it's hard. At least for me it is. That was from what I was told when I played Witcher 3 - don't play lower than Hard, because Normal was too easy.

More
14 Dec 2020 15:39 #317178 by hotseatgames
I'm playing on Normal, and the only real trouble I've had is when a mission is labeled as being Danger level: HIGH. I got destroyed in seconds.

I also scored a purple sniper rifle, which literally takes the heads of my foes off in one shot.

More
14 Dec 2020 15:40 - 14 Dec 2020 15:41 #317179 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic Cyberpunk 2077
When I finally get around to this, I'll probably do like the Witcher 3 and do one level above "normal," seems like my niche with CD Projekt.
Last edit: 14 Dec 2020 15:41 by Gary Sax.

More
18 Dec 2020 07:19 #317316 by Ah_Pook
Replied by Ah_Pook on topic Cyberpunk 2077
Sony pulled the ps4 version from their store and is offering full refunds. Presumably more to come from Gamestop and Microsoft, as CDP said people could get refunds from them and then they said no we're not doing that. Cd projekt has lost like 6billion in stock value so far, their stocks have dropped ~20%.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BillyBobThwarton

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.599 seconds