October 09, 2023
2485 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2687 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place for boardgame traitors.

Blood Bowl now available for digital download.

More
01 Jul 2009 01:57 #33502 by Mr Skeletor
MattDP wrote:

I think my system just meets the minimum specs for the game. It's a shame if there isn't a demo to try out.

Oops, I thought there was a demo.

That's a good point, hadn't thought of that. It's definately the sort of game which is going to be all kinds of clunky played without a mouse. Although staying on the Wii theme, it seems like you could do it using the Wiimote as a pointer :)

Yeah, if you want to look like a tosser!

Is it just me or are the humans a fucking prick of a team to beat?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jul 2009 09:04 #33518 by mrmarcus
They're supposed to be. Humans are the "jack of all trades" team. They can do anything okay, but get beat in one or two categories by one of the more specialized races. Not as fast as the Skaven or Wood Elves, not as tough as the Undead or Orcs, Not as skilled as the Dark Elves or High Elves.

More
01 Jul 2009 09:31 #33521 by Joe_Richter
God Damn, why the delay in coming to Steam? I really wanna buy this, but I hate buying digitally from anywhere other than Steam, and maybe somewhere like GamersGate.

Ugh, I'm probably gonna end up buying it from their site, then losing the login details and never being able to re-download it again.

More
01 Jul 2009 11:54 #33536 by Bullwinkle
Joe_Richter wrote:

God Damn, why the delay in coming to Steam? I really wanna buy this, but I hate buying digitally from anywhere other than Steam, and maybe somewhere like GamersGate.

I believe the delay is due to area rollout restrictions. It's currently available in retail only in France, Spain, and Germany. Everyone else gets it (and the 360 version) in September. The game's availability on Steam is then tied directly to that.

Why there are area rollout restrictions at all is another matter. The deals for this kind of thing are pretty convoluted. BB is a fairly rare case: a game with significant North American interest that is available earlier in Europe. The vast majority of the time, it's the other way around.

I don't mind buying small games directly from the publisher; it's easy enough to make my own backup copies in the event something bad happens. But large one like this I want through a portal. And I'm waiting until it's on sale, anyway.

More
01 Jul 2009 14:06 #33540 by mrmarcus
Bullwinkle wrote:

I believe the delay is due to area rollout restrictions. It's currently available in retail only in France, Spain, and Germany. Everyone else gets it (and the 360 version) in September. The game's availability on Steam is then tied directly to that.
[/quote]

It isn't even available in the UK yet? That's the oddest bit to me.

More
01 Jul 2009 14:27 #33542 by Michael Barnes
Does anybody have anything on the DS release? I can't find anything. I was going to preorder it at Gamestop but they don't have it on their records.

I'm hoping that the DS version plays just like the board game. That's all I ask. I'm not too concerned with visuals, I just want to be able to play the old-fashioned, turn based game.

WiFi matches would be nice too though.

More
01 Jul 2009 14:28 #33543 by billyz
I'm hoping that the DS version plays just like the board game. That's all I ask. I'm not too concerned with visuals, I just want to be able to play the old-fashioned, turn based game.

Can I get an Amen?!

More
01 Jul 2009 15:25 #33549 by Bullwinkle
Michael Barnes wrote:

Does anybody have anything on the DS release? I can't find anything. I was going to preorder it at Gamestop but they don't have it on their records.

DS version will have: no real-time, no customizable rules, no career league play (although there's a tournament option), no expansion races, cartoon-style 2D isometric sprites instead of 3D, and wireless support for two players. Rules are the same. I assume it's being released in September, but I don't know for sure.

More
01 Jul 2009 18:52 #33557 by metalface13
Bullwinkle wrote:

Michael Barnes wrote:

DS version will have: no real-time, no customizable rules, no career league play (although there's a tournament option), no expansion races, cartoon-style 2D isometric sprites instead of 3D, and wireless support for two players. Rules are the same. I assume it's being released in September, but I don't know for sure.

I thought it had career league.

More
01 Jul 2009 19:41 #33561 by Bullwinkle
metalface13 wrote:

I thought it had career league.

The developer said back in February that neither the PSP nor DS had a league system. The PSP version will at least allow you to improve the gear on your players, but the DS won't. If that's changed, I missed it (not that I was paying that close attention, so maybe I did).

More
11 Jul 2009 11:10 #34573 by Bullwinkle
Okay, so I was under the impression that Blood Bowl PC was not going to be available for retail in North America until September. But gogamer.com is offering a boxed version for $28--nearly half the download price-- on their website until Monday . WTF? This deal is only available to Americans; they won't ship internationally. So, fuck.

More
12 Jul 2009 05:02 #34611 by Dogmatix
Bullwinkle wrote:

Okay, so I was under the impression that Blood Bowl PC was not going to be available for retail in North America until September. But gogamer.com is offering a boxed version for $28--nearly half the download price-- on their website until Monday . WTF? This deal is only available to Americans; they won't ship internationally. So, fuck.

I'd ship it to you if you really want it. *shrug* I bought the digital download, so it's not like I'd hijack your copy....

More
12 Jul 2009 18:14 #34620 by Bullwinkle
Dogmatix wrote:

I'd ship it to you if you really want it. *shrug* I bought the digital download, so it's not like I'd hijack your copy....

Heh. I trust you. But the real problem is the cross-border shipping. After it's shipped to you, and then over to me, it's going to end up costing more than the digital download. Crazy. But I do appreciate the offer.

More
12 Jul 2009 23:47 #34636 by vialiy
Blood Bowl DS appears to be already out in France:
www.jeuxvideo.com/jeux/nintendo-ds/00020217-blood-bowl.htm

People in the boards are mainly shitting on the interface and graphics, the rules seem well implemented, and they are divided over the AI. Overall the impressions are not good.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds