October 09, 2023
2534 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2738 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about whatever you like related to games that doesn't fit anywhere else.

What gaming STREAMS are you watching?

More
06 Jan 2022 13:10 #329441 by Gary Sax
I looked through our forum with a search and I realized we didn't have a thread like this!

For those of you who do like watching game streams, what have you been watching?

Special shout out to our regular community members who are streaming and want to mention their stream here---Ah Pook's streams ( www.twitch.tv/ah_pook23 ) are what motivated me to post this thread. I find he has a chill stream with quite a soothing voice to have on in the background, his stream setup is decent, and he's an outstanding game teacher.

As another larger streamer that still isn't very big, I also sometimes watch Guerric Samples ( www.twitch.tv/guerricsamplesgames ) as they play a lot of games that interest me that I don't see played a lot.

As a sidenote, I totally get that many of you do not like game streaming or streaming culture and don't understand why people would watch other people play games, that is *thoroughly* well understood and I respect it, but no need to communicate that here. I want to lift up any creators who are doing a good job, especially smaller creators.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lj1983, sornars, Erik Twice, Ah_Pook, Kmann

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jan 2022 13:17 - 06 Jan 2022 14:52 #329442 by southernman
While I have pretty neutral views on this topic why is any possible not-positive comments not allowed here but bashing of most other games and gaming related topics regularly occur when someone feels like it - Mr Barnes would have much less time posting here if not so :laugh:
Last edit: 06 Jan 2022 14:52 by southernman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
06 Jan 2022 13:28 - 06 Jan 2022 13:40 #329443 by Gary Sax
I will create a thread for you in a moment, you're welcome to talk about overall feelings toward the activity there: therewillbe.games/forum/15-games-catchal...ame-streaming#329444

My main purpose is to not make this thread a 50 post shitting on the concept of the kids streaming and liking streaming topic---feel free to talk about a speciifc stream/streamer you like or don't like here in this thread if you want.
Last edit: 06 Jan 2022 13:40 by Gary Sax.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Msample, sornars

More
06 Jan 2022 13:55 - 06 Jan 2022 14:10 #329450 by Gary Sax
Oh, how could I forget Space Cats, Peace Turtles! www.twitch.tv/spacecatspeaceturtles

I spent most of covid and my driving years getting into watching high level TI:4 streaming in the background while I worked. I do miss them streaming just normal TTS games they are playing, they are super focused on tournament game running and commentating now which I like but part of me prefers when the two of them used to stream more of their casual games. Their youtube has more editing versions of their streams that have nice round markers in as well.
Last edit: 06 Jan 2022 14:10 by Gary Sax.

More
06 Jan 2022 15:22 #329465 by Ah_Pook
thanks for the shoutout @garysax :) stream today was real fun. ended up losing to Loki on a single card slip at the end. i'll write up in the Marvel Champions thread more details. i love streaming, though i definitely fell off in consistency over the last months. been trying to get back into the habit, especially with omicron apparently meaning social stuff is back off the table for a bit heh. i love playing MC on stream, as it gives me motivation to play through the neverending new content stream ;)

as far as other stuff, i mainly watch Mario Maker 2 streamers, because i play tons of MM2 and i like sending my levels to them to play and stuff. RealBChin and Isherwood81 are the main ones I watch, because their communities are chill and small enough to actually interact with the chat and stuff. i do watch board game streams sometimes, i enjoy them a lot. its hit or miss when i actually have time to do it, and the community is so small that i usually just watch whoever happens to be on when im looking for a stream. i do want to give a special shoutout to RaniorGames and Lumin, who both play extremely high level Agricola.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, sornars, n815e

More
07 Jan 2022 19:45 #329547 by DarthJoJo
It was mentioned in the other thread, but I’ll give a vote for Team Covenant. I only watch their recorded streams on YouTube, never live, and they cover a wonderful gamut. There are a handful of games they cover regularly including Marvel, Arkham, Flesh and Blood, and Ashes:Rise of the Phoenixborn, but my favorites are their Throwback Thursdays. They’ve devoted afternoons alike to the dearly beloved like the Star Wars CCG or Android: Netrunner and the esoteric like Fight Klub and The Nightmare Before Christmas TCG. Having two hosts keeps the dead time to a minimum. Their enthusiasm is low key but genuine.

I’ll also catch YouTube edits of jmcrofts and jwong’s fighting game streams. They have good attitudes. Recent Justin highlights include eating another Daigo parry and his daughter choking him out in the middle of a set while his wife laughed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, sornars

More
07 Jan 2022 21:22 #329548 by Sagrilarus
Are they all on tabletop sim, or do some people do cardboard?

More
07 Jan 2022 21:59 - 07 Jan 2022 21:59 #329549 by DarthJoJo
Team Covenant is all and only cardboard, but they have a pretty solid set up and an editor popping up images of cards as they’re mentioned which makes following along easy.
Last edit: 07 Jan 2022 21:59 by DarthJoJo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, sornars

More
10 Jan 2022 06:20 #329587 by Erik Twice
If you like games, you should see Awesome Games Done Quick . It's just a lot of fun, it's a speedrun marathon with a lot of variety, very high production values and just a lot of fun. Can't recommend it enough.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
10 Jan 2022 12:03 #329613 by Dr. Mabuse
I watch Team Covenant (Marvel Champions), Dale the Gamer (Marvel Champions), Heavy Cardboard (various), and Players Wanted (various).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Ah_Pook

More
10 Jan 2022 16:25 #329626 by Ah_Pook
does dale livestream? i watch his youtube videos for sure, hes really good.

More
10 Jan 2022 19:05 #329630 by Dr. Mabuse

Ah_Pook wrote: does dale livestream? i watch his youtube videos for sure, hes really good.

Hmmm, yeah I don't know. I believe he has a membership thingy on youtube, but not sure if it's live-streamed. I can't keep up with young' uns and your techno terms for your information highway doodads.

More
25 Jan 2022 12:48 - 25 Jan 2022 12:49 #330113 by Gary Sax

Dr. Mabuse wrote: I watch Team Covenant (Marvel Champions)

I was thinking about what I like so much about the Team Covenant streams in the background, I've been having those on a lot recently. I think it's that they play the game in exactly the spirit that I do---they're willing to roll back when reasonable when they think of something and no/not much new information has been revealed, they make reasonable rules judgments on things they mess up, etc. Moreover, when they deck build for Arkham, even though they're pretty good deck builders overall, they build for fun and variety to see cards they don't use often. And it does help a lot they have a physical set up with the two of them in the room.

I've realized that a big part of the comfort appeal is to listen/watch people who play with a gaming intensity/style somewhat similar to my own. It's why I don't care for the hardcore tournament streams as much in TI:4 that I mentioned above---it's not my preferred gaming mode.
Last edit: 25 Jan 2022 12:49 by Gary Sax.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Mabuse, Msample, sornars, DarthJoJo, Virabhadra, Kmann

More
26 Jan 2022 13:48 #330150 by Virabhadra
I haven't seen their newer output, but I can definitely vouch for Team Covenant. It's a shame they felt so kicked in the teeth when Privateer Press discontinued the first edition of Monsterpocalypse that they removed all of their Monpoc content from the website. That was bar none the best resource for that game and I still have Wayback Machine bookmarks for several articles and their Monsterpocalypse Wiki. Their instructional / strategy DVD for the game was outstanding.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Dr. Mabuse

More
28 Jan 2022 12:42 #330211 by NeonPeon
At the risk of self promoting, I have a small and no-budget, "just for fun" (i.e. I don't plan to monetize) Youtube channel that's about 90% video games but I do random tabletop gaming stuff too sometimes. Some of my content is livestreams, some videos. I played 4 Against Darkness last weekend and the weekend before. I've played some old Tunnels and Trolls solo adventures, did Awful Green Things live once, a Fighting Fantasy book once. I include my son as a cohost when he's up for it. :) I can share the link if anyone would like it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Dr. Mabuse, sornars, DarthJoJo, Ah_Pook, Virabhadra

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.423 seconds