October 09, 2023
2515 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2716 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Any events, cons and meetups can be posted here. There is a link to our Member Map in your PROFILE menu.

Trashfest Northeast, Nov 13th - 15th, 2015 - Official Thread

More
02 Nov 2015 16:02 #213940 by ChristopherMD
My maybe dropped to a definite no. Just can't afford anything right now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Nov 2015 08:42 #214306 by Legomancer
I've got two days to figure out if I'm in or not. I don't know. As has been obvious, I've been in a foul fucking mood lately, and I don't want to be around people and I don't want people to have to be around me. Maybe this will change by next weekend, but I don't know and I doubt it.

More
06 Nov 2015 11:35 #214332 by ubarose

Legomancer wrote: I've got two days to figure out if I'm in or not. I don't know. As has been obvious, I've been in a foul fucking mood lately, and I don't want to be around people and I don't want people to have to be around me. Maybe this will change by next weekend, but I don't know and I doubt it.

Don't be a poopy pants. Take a break, come down, have some fun. It will put you in a better mood.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
08 Nov 2015 08:46 #214467 by Legomancer
Okay I will be there on Saturday.

Let me know if you have any requests from my games for me to bring. I will, as usual, bring and be willing to teach The New Era.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose

More
09 Nov 2015 09:37 #214534 by ubarose
I haven't received RSVPs from a few people. I have a couple of hours before I need to call in our numbers for dinner, so if you want dinner let me know ASAP.

Also, we decided to go ahead and rent the big room, so we have room for more on Saturday. please contact me if you want join us or bring additional guests.

More
09 Nov 2015 13:09 #214551 by MattFantastic
Lego - I'll take Colossal Arena please!

Who's possibly around Thursday? Or earlier Friday? Let's party!

Here's a bunch of my stupid bullshit I'll have and be looking to play. Some are my designs, some are stuff Prettiest Princess is/might publish. Mostly I want to play a lot of Unicoroner because you all are exactly who it's designed for. Mostly.

Unicoroner: Harvest of Souls - my design - still needs work for sure - Area control, variable player powers, think Chaos in the Old World lite with some very different bits and a totally bitchin theme that you're the four unicorns of the apocalypse. 45-75mins

U Mad Bro? - my design - pretty much done - super easy, super fast, push your luck/bluffing pub game - You're a bunch of Jersey shore bros trying to not go insane when Cthulhu's corpse washes up on the beach

Dracula's Feast - not mine - Pretty much done - Social investigation/logic game. Plays fast, makes you think but a lot of it is reading the actions of other players compared to the constraints of their possible character rules.

I might have the Wizard Scavenger hunt game I'm working on ready to play. Simultaneous secret point to point movement, rampaging around the land trying to get the best loot and not end up where it's already been robbed blind.

I'll also have BEARanoia of course. And I'll bring along a Glamazons prototype, and the unnamed dice grabbing game that someone else is publishing.

I might also have proto copies of the two games I'm in talks to publish that I saw this weekend at Metatopia. And maybe some other stuff I'm possibly interested in licensing for the US.

If anyone has anything they want to show me, I wanna see it. Especially if it's your wiener and not some shitty prototype!

Soooooo, mostly I have no time to play anything...

More
09 Nov 2015 14:49 #214562 by ubarose

MattLoter wrote: Who's possibly around Thursday? Or earlier Friday? Let's party!

Thursday is the annual "Burning Down the House" pot luck dinner at 6pm. Let me know if you want to join us.

More
09 Nov 2015 16:30 #214575 by Josh Look
TI3, Matt. You know you want to.

I'm respectfully bowing out of any prototype playing this weekend. I don't have enough time to play the half-baked games I paid money for, certainly not playing anyone elses.

I'm on vacation, so I'm down for anything whenever.

More
09 Nov 2015 19:08 #214591 by Dutch
Really psyched for 'Fest '15! In addition to running some demos of Space Cadets: Away Missions with Al (including tests of our upcoming SC:AM expansion set!), I have a few screwball gaming ideas for the weekend:

1) Anyone interested in playing Triumph & Tragedy? It's a 3 player strategic game on the European theater of WWII, and it's a blast. (Have you played this yet, Repo?)

2) My first boardgame design, Scorched Earth (the post-apocalyptic adventure game), has been mentioned on the Fort several times over the past couple years, and there are always a few folks who express an interest in playing this semi-mythical full-body experience.

3) Josh ran an awesome one-shot RPG session at a recent 'Fest -- more, please!

4) Along those lines, I'd be psyched to run some light RPG, myself. I'd love to run a STAR WARS session, especially if we could somehow do a mash-up with X-WING. Alternately, I'd be down for another super-hero RPG if folks are interested.

Rather than clutter up this thread, please contact me privately if any of the above sounds interesting! See you all soon, either way!

More
09 Nov 2015 19:49 #214597 by ubarose
Our house will be open for gaming and hanging Friday during the day. I think there will be about 6 of us around.

More
09 Nov 2015 23:45 #214611 by Bernie
I plan to head up early Friday, should arrive around Noon. can't wait for this.

More
10 Nov 2015 02:53 #214623 by repoman
I have played Triumph and Tragedy and I think it's really great. But even though it's shorter than Europe Engulfed it is still an all day game. As I am only definite for Saturday I am reluctant to commit to that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dutch

More
10 Nov 2015 03:41 #214624 by Dutch

repoman wrote: But even though it's shorter than Europe Engulfed it is still an all day game.

Glad to hear you like it. You're a pretty quick player, so I'm surprised to hear your games are lasting so long. We've always played to completion 3-4 hours... but we've only played a handful of times. It's possible the game gets longer once everyone learns all the tricks.

More
10 Nov 2015 09:51 #214637 by Columbob

Dutch wrote: (including tests of our upcoming SC:AM expansion set!),

Is that a scoop? I mean it wasn't a secret that you wanted to make one, but still.

More
10 Nov 2015 10:55 #214647 by Dutch

Columbob wrote:

Dutch wrote: (including tests of our upcoming SC:AM expansion set!),

Is that a scoop? I mean it wasn't a secret that you wanted to make one, but still.

(Hey, if I say it's a secret that nobody can mention to the internet, do you think it might increase our publicity?)

No, but seriously folks... this is something Stephen B. of Stronghold asked us to get started on based on early indicators. We're focusing on planetary missions this time, with a whole new menagerie of deadly aliens, an assortment of dangerous terrain types, and some new cosmic mysteries to solve. Plus, best of all, we get a robot!

If you're coming to the 'Fest, track me down if you want to check it out -- we could even try out one of our new surface adventures. Since my dreams of an amazing game of T&T with Repo and a-player-to-be-named have collapsed into ashes, I'll have plenty of time. (smiley face)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Columbob

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.658 seconds