October 09, 2023
2515 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2713 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

FS - Some big ticket items for low prices

More
30 Jan 2019 11:16 - 30 Jan 2019 11:17 #291100 by Josh Look
Giving you good folks first crack before I move this stuff to eBay or whatever. US only, let's assume shipping is $12 but if you want more than one game we can work something out. I've got a few HUGE ticket items that I don't even know where to begin with, message me if you want to know more.

Dungeon Alliance - $50 - Really cool Mage Knight-esque dungeon crawler from Andrew Parks. More accessible than MK by a long shot but different enough to not be a straight MK clone.

Star Wars Legion starter - $50 - Unpainted but assembled.

X-Wing 2.0 lot - $65 - Dropping the price on this one a bit. Includes 2 starters, one punched one unpunched, a Y-Wing and a TIE Advanced.

Century: Golem edition - $20

Neon Gods - $30

Claustrophobia + de Profundis expansion - $80 - Expansion is in the base game box, expansion box is long gone.

Alien Legendary Encounters - $35 - In good shape, but this game was well loved for sure.

Spider-Man - $30 - Okay, this is a weird one. This is an English edition of the Christophe Boelinger Spider-Man game. The English edition is pretty rare and I have no idea what I should be asking for it, but this isn't far off from what I paid.

Batman Gotham City Strategy Game - $25 - The production has its shortcomings but this is still a solid game with a unique premise.

Mixtape Massacre + Black Masque expansion $40 - Silly game about slasher villains. Take with alcohol.

Roll For the Galaxy - $25 - Awesome game that everyone else I know has.

Nuklear Winter '68 - $60 - I have no idea how I ended up with this but it apparently fetches a big price tag. $60 for you guys.

Raptor! - $25 - Super clever 2 player game that is like the beginning of Jurassic Park.

Quantum - $40 - I guess it's out of print.

Tigris & Euphrates - $25 - FFG edition

Prowler's Passage - $15 - Another really cool 2 player thing. Probably wouldn't make any sense to take me up on it on it's own, it's pretty small.

As for stuff that I can't really pin a price on, here's what I've got:

-Fully painted Imperial Assault base set. Includes a crazy foam core insert I made, the Twin Suns expansion, and a mess of early individual figures. If anyone is interested I can tell you exactly which ones.

- Star Wars Armada lot - I know I have the entire first wave and some if not all of the second. Again, if you're interested I'll put the time into figuring it out.

-Hoo boy.

-War of the Ring Collector's Edition - This is the first one that FFG put out in the giant book box. Yeah, this probably going to end up on eBay. It's in good shape, the paint on the backside is a little scratched off but that's the case with most copies that were unpacked and used. Those giant tarot sized cards are sleeved. Shipping would be through FedEx. If you're interested, make me an offer. I can send pics of the back if you're curious.
Last edit: 30 Jan 2019 11:17 by Josh Look.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, WadeMonnig

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jan 2019 12:24 #291126 by Gary Sax
You guys need to get on that Roll for the Galaxy.

Also, I've been getting really psyched to get Armada back on the table soon (I have a ton of it). Getting a 1st-2nd wave lot for a good price is the ideal way to to get into this game, you never really have to buy any more once you have a good selection of those waves.

More
31 Jan 2019 13:31 #291240 by fightcitymayor
Just a fun aside regarding Nuklear Winter '68... about two years ago the game's designer (Petre Tutunea), in a fit of anger, posted all of the PDF files associated with the game for free to a thread at BGG. He was claiming LNL hadn't paid him since 2015. Within an hour, LockNLoad's attorney shows up threatening to sue Petre for breach of contract and stating that his statements were "libelous." Then David Heath (current LNL honcho) shows up in the thread and gets into it with Petre, accusing him of lying and such. Octavian deletes most of Petre's posts, locks his account, then suspends him indefinitely for attempting to re-register under a different UserID. And to boot, LNL recently did release a 2nd Edition of the game (presumably without Petre's input nor consent) which is apparently markedly inferior to the 1st.

BGG is typically a sad shitshow of cheerleaders and squares, but public squabbles like this one almost make it worth not deleting one's account there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, allismom3, Cranberries, mezike, hotseatgames, Frohike, Vysetron

More
31 Jan 2019 13:58 #291245 by Space Ghost
I'm definitely interested in Spider-man.

As for the War of the Ring CE -- do you have a ballpark for what that should be bringing in? I'm potentially interested

More
31 Jan 2019 18:11 #291257 by Msample

Space Ghost wrote: I'm definitely interested in Spider-man.

As for the War of the Ring CE -- do you have a ballpark for what that should be bringing in? I'm potentially interested

Keep in mind shipping/insurance will be substantial.

The sale history is sparse:

boardgamegeek.com/geekmarket/pricehistory/thing/60153

More
31 Jan 2019 19:14 #291262 by repoman
Josh,

Save that copy of Roll for the Galaxy. I'll take it off your hands next time we meet up.

More
31 Jan 2019 20:57 #291265 by jeb
Even better is to NOT go to BGG and have brave souls like you spill the tea over here when it's good.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries

More
01 Feb 2019 08:20 #291272 by fightcitymayor

jeb wrote: Even better is to NOT go to BGG and have brave souls like you spill the tea over here when it's good.

Against my better judgment, I wandered into a post recently where someone posted a poll asking what Stonemaier Games should do about Wingspan's various card issues & omissions. Jamey Stegmaier wanders into same thread and pitches a fit basically about how dare this plebe post about it, and "can't we talk about something else?" So I called out his sanctimonious ass and said it was a dick move, for which I was promptly sent a nastygram by MMM and had my post deleted. God forbid we call out the holiest of holy game publishers. And JS actually said the words "Why are you posting about a game you've never played?" To which I replied, "Funny how that makes absolutely no difference when you want to get the hype train rolling with endless pre-order blathering & people slinging around take-my-money GIFs who have never so much as played it."

Apologies for de-railing this For Sale thread. I will keep further BGG irritations to myself. Would hate to have Monin show up and start banning my shit here too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Msample, lj1983, Frohike, Vysetron

More
07 Feb 2019 15:39 #291795 by Space Ghost
Just bumping this back up. Let me know how to pay for Spider-Man, and your thoughts on WotR

More
07 Feb 2019 17:00 #291796 by Ken B.
The way BGG errs on the side of publishers is and always has been utterly fucking disgusting.

Josh, good luck with your sale.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.408 seconds