October 09, 2023
2518 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2719 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× WELCOME TO TRASHDOME!

This is part of a series of bloody matches to the death. Show support for your favorite game so it will do better in the fight. You can support it by writing why you think its the better game and more importantly by betting (i.e. voting for) it. Please make it clear for when I check the bets later. You have until Friday when I tally the bets and declare the winner. I will reserve my bet for any tie-breakers.

Although you should be familiar with both games, there is no rule that says you have to have played both of them. The only rule in Trashdome is this;

Two games enter! One game leaves!

Proraso vs Musgo Real

More
17 Sep 2013 03:23 #161154 by Amontillado
I started in with DE shaving this past year and bought a badger hair brush, a DE razor, scads of blades, aftershaves etc. Of the various creams and soaps the most popular one that I bought was Proraso, which I like (the tube more than the green jar). In various shave forums the most discussed one around the same price point is Musgo Real, which I haven't tried, but am curious about. On the very slight chance anyone here has a wick of class and have ventured to shave as your granddad did (yes, I know he used a rusty old hacksaw and liked it, but still...), I'm curious which you prefer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Sep 2013 03:24 - 17 Sep 2013 03:25 #161155 by Amontillado
Vote: Proraso
because I have no other knowledge.
Last edit: 17 Sep 2013 03:25 by Amontillado.

More
17 Sep 2013 03:43 #161156 by dfour
Replied by dfour on topic Re: Proraso vs Musgo Real
I prefer www.amazon.com/Kiss-My-Face-Pomegranate-...s=kiss+my+face+shave to Proraso. It's also cheaper and comes in 11oz which is like a freaking lifetime supply.

More
17 Sep 2013 04:37 #161159 by ChristopherMD
I use Col. Conk's soap exclusively. Never had reason to try anything else since I started DE shaving.

More
17 Sep 2013 05:20 #161162 by Amontillado
In summer, Proraso is the bomb. Very cooling. I don't want to leave the house without having shaved. Their A/S is a must too, but with winter drawing close, I'm considering my options. Can always fall back on DR Harris Arlington product.

More
17 Sep 2013 15:24 #161190 by SuperflyPete
Vote: Neither.

There's a word for people that don't have beards: WOMEN.

More
17 Sep 2013 15:24 #161191 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic Re: Proraso vs Musgo Real
Real talk guys. Is this new move toward DE shaving a fun thing to do or has it brought real substantial improvement to your shaving, from a razor burn/bump perspective? My initial impression has been that it's a hipsterish male grooming thing, but I can dig it if you've seen real differences.

Shaving is the bane of my existence. I only shave once a week if possible or two times if necessary, putting up with the scruffiness. It has nothing to do with laziness, instead I have the absolute worst razor burn and ingrown hairs. I've tried almost everything. Is it worth shelling out the cash for this?

More
17 Sep 2013 15:31 - 17 Sep 2013 15:32 #161196 by ChristopherMD
I've been doing it for several years now. Best shaves I've ever had. Absolutely zero razor burns/bumps. I used to get those pretty bad too.
Last edit: 17 Sep 2013 15:32 by ChristopherMD.

More
17 Sep 2013 16:40 #161205 by ThirstyMan
Check this out

Yes, it's better

More
17 Sep 2013 17:00 #161212 by Amontillado

Gary Sax wrote: Real talk guys. Is this new move toward DE shaving a fun thing to do or has it brought real substantial improvement to your shaving, from a razor burn/bump perspective? My initial impression has been that it's a hipsterish male grooming thing, but I can dig it if you've seen real differences.

Shaving is the bane of my existence. I only shave once a week if possible or two times if necessary, putting up with the scruffiness. It has nothing to do with laziness, instead I have the absolute worst razor burn and ingrown hairs. I've tried almost everything. Is it worth shelling out the cash for this?

Here in the realm, the hipsters don't shave at all. YMMV.

My approach was from curiosity. A couple of years back I took a renewed interest in my appearance and hit upon the shave forums then. I also had no love for the shave experience and could only bring myself to drag a blade across my face once or twice per week. Objectively, the DE experience is an improvement because the razor has heft to remove hair. By contrast, you have to literally dig a plastic disposable into your cheek to get the damned thing to cut at all. So I have definitely seen an improvement. The DE thing is classy, and I like that.

More
17 Sep 2013 17:11 #161214 by Egg Shen
Replied by Egg Shen on topic Re: Proraso vs Musgo Real
I'll toss my vote towards Proraso. I've been DE shaving for a solid 4 years now and I'll never go back to that garbage that Gilette passes off as "the best a man can get".

You won't ever get a closer shave with a better scent. Say goodbye to rashes and bumps. Say hello to babysoft skin and actually enjoying shaving.

I like Proraso because it's fairly cheap, it has a nice, fresh smell and the eucalyptus is both cooling and refreshing. I love rinsing my face and getting that tingly, cold feeling.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amontillado

More
24 Sep 2013 08:29 #161715 by Amontillado
FINAL: Proraso

The narrower question of Proraso v. Musgo Real looks like it takes a back seat to wet shaving vs disposables overall.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds