October 09, 2023
2719 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2879 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× WELCOME TO TRASHDOME!

This is part of a series of bloody matches to the death. Show support for your favorite game so it will do better in the fight. You can support it by writing why you think its the better game and more importantly by betting (i.e. voting for) it. Please make it clear for when I check the bets later. You have until Friday when I tally the bets and declare the winner. I will reserve my bet for any tie-breakers.

Although you should be familiar with both games, there is no rule that says you have to have played both of them. The only rule in Trashdome is this;

Two games enter! One game leaves!

Trashdome - Galaxy Trucker VS RoboRally

More
08 Jun 2009 13:49 #31611 by Michael Barnes
We're just a few hours into this edition of Trashdome and it already looks like ROBORALLY is going to get pushed into a pit, where it belongs. The game's a dog, folks. Vote it into oblivion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jun 2009 14:06 #31616 by dave
Vote: Roborally.

I've subscribed to Games magazine for the pencil puzzles since the early 1980s, and a review of Roborally grew into a fast growing obsession with the game, and eventually modern board games. My wife and I have played many games with several expansions, and I've saved my copy to play with my daughter. It's great thematically and a riot even when things go wrong. But I like Warhamster Rally too, so take that for what it's worth...

Galaxy Trucker was fun to play once, but I have no interest to play again. The race is a riot but the puzzle aspect seemed a bit shallow compared to something like Factory Fun (aka "Factory"). The designer is brilliant, though, in this and other games.

More
08 Jun 2009 14:07 #31617 by Mad Malthus
Galaxy Trucker isn't a game. But Roborally really sux. WTF? How do I vote? This is just like the last presidential election. Or every presidential election.

I abstain in disgust.

Actually I will vote for the Ron Paul of this Trashdome, Ricochet Robots. Still pretty "blah", but better than either of these other losers.

More
08 Jun 2009 14:19 #31619 by san il defanso
It is telling that I have never once played a game of Galaxy Trucker that felt like it was bogging down. I've never played RoboRalley, but it seems that EVERY game of RoboRally bogs down.

Galaxy Trucker

More
08 Jun 2009 14:27 - 08 Jun 2009 14:28 #31621 by ChristopherMD
RoboRally is by far my favorite game. I've played it many, many times over the past decade and still haven't gotten tired of it. Like someone else said, its kind of like racing through the Acme factory except you have lasers and other assorted weapons. I've even seen games won by a player being the last one alive. Its of course a tough game on anyone who can't laugh at their own misfortune/mistakes, but GT has that too. It can be more tense than any other game I've played and wonderfully frustrating when your robot can't turn left when needed. My friends and I have played so much we don't need a timer and always finish two-board games in well under two hours.

Galaxy Trucker is pretty much a flash-in-the-pan game. I'm surprised so many here like it since there's no interaction whatsoever. The first half is just a simple tile-laying optimization exercise. The second half of each round you just sit there and watch what happens. It barely qualifies as a game, imo.
Last edit: 08 Jun 2009 14:28 by ChristopherMD.

More
08 Jun 2009 15:01 #31625 by Ska_baron
I own Robo Rally and actually hope to finally get it to the table this weekend.

Galaxy Trucker? WTF?

VOTE: ROBORALLY

More
08 Jun 2009 15:08 #31627 by Shellhead
Mad Dog wrote:

Galaxy Trucker is pretty much a flash-in-the-pan game. I'm surprised so many here like it since there's no interaction whatsoever. The first half is just a simple tile-laying optimization exercise. The second half of each round you just sit there and watch what happens. It barely qualifies as a game, imo.

The Cult of the New has followers here at F:AT. Not you or me, though.

More
08 Jun 2009 15:12 #31632 by Michael Barnes
Actually I will vote for the Ron Paul of this Trashdome, Ricochet Robots. Still pretty "blah", but better than either of these other losers.

TWO GAMES ENTER, ONE GAME LEAVES.

Bust a deal, face the wheel!

More
08 Jun 2009 15:15 - 08 Jun 2009 15:15 #31633 by Michael Barnes
This robot was seen outside of a Trashdome polling place trying to intimidate voters. I think that says a lot about the character of the typical ROBORALLY supporter.

Last edit: 08 Jun 2009 15:15 by Michael Barnes.

More
08 Jun 2009 15:21 #31637 by Shellhead
And then there's this guy:

More
08 Jun 2009 15:21 #31638 by Mad Malthus
Michael Barnes wrote:

So be it.
I vote for ROBORALLY, the lesser of 2 evils.

More
08 Jun 2009 15:24 #31639 by Merkles
Michael Barnes wrote:

Is Free Robot Sex one of the results on the wheel?

More
08 Jun 2009 15:34 #31640 by Michael Barnes
No, Malthus just pretty much inadvertantly explained why the EVONY ads don't work on him.

More
08 Jun 2009 15:34 #31641 by clockwirk
Shellhead wrote:

And then there's this guy:

At least he's got the Jack Daniels in the right place.

More
08 Jun 2009 15:47 #31642 by Mad Malthus
Michael Barnes wrote:

No, Malthus just pretty much inadvertantly explained why the EVONY ads don't work on him.

Because I don't like shitty non-games?

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds