October 09, 2023
2579 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2776 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× WELCOME TO TRASHDOME!

This is part of a series of bloody matches to the death. Show support for your favorite game so it will do better in the fight. You can support it by writing why you think its the better game and more importantly by betting (i.e. voting for) it. Please make it clear for when I check the bets later. You have until Friday when I tally the bets and declare the winner. I will reserve my bet for any tie-breakers.

Although you should be familiar with both games, there is no rule that says you have to have played both of them. The only rule in Trashdome is this;

Two games enter! One game leaves!

Trashdome - Prophecy VS Return Of The Heroes

More
10 May 2010 18:14 #62505 by ChristopherMD

WELCOME TO TRASHDOME!

This is part of a series of bloody matches to the death. Show support for your favorite game so it will do better in the fight. You can support it by writing why you think its the better game and more importantly by betting on it. End your first post in this thread with the title of the game you're placing a bet on (i.e. voting for) so its clear to me when reading it later. You have until Friday when I tally the bets and declare the winner. Counting expansions or not is entirely up to you just as playing with them or not is. I will reserve my bet for any tie-breakers.

Although you should be familiar with both games, there is no rule that says you have to have played both of them. The only rule in Trashdome is this;

Two games enter! One game leaves!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2010 18:33 #62507 by Mr. Bistro
Return of the Heroes.

Yeah, I know Prophecy is a better game in numerous ways, but Prophecy is yet another variation on the Talisman formula. RotH really is a different kind of game and I like playing it when I need a break from the usual move-and-flip-a-card mechanic. I also love RotH's focus on exploration.

More
10 May 2010 18:51 #62512 by metalface13
I prophesy that Prophecy will lose. However I will vote Prophecy because it's awesome — it has the Four-Leaf Clover and you can be cursed(!) if you decide to take a treasure card after defeating the mummy. And of course, Barnes loves that you can kill Aslan.

Vote: Prophecy

More
10 May 2010 19:12 #62513 by DeletedUser
My god has given me the strength to fight. So if I pop you one upside the head, I'll just be doing his will.

More
10 May 2010 21:34 #62527 by Grudunza
I played Prophecy twice and man, it seemed tedious to move around or do much of anything, and the second time we even played with a "starter kit" but that still didn't help much. And the board seems kind of lame the way it's laid out all neat and circular. I just don't understand the love for that game that I read around here. I've only played ROTH once but it seemed a lot more original and creative and though it wasn't really an amazingly awesome gaming experience by any stretch, it was definitely enjoyable and better than Prophecy and Runebound, no doubt.

Vote: Return of the Heroes

More
11 May 2010 06:17 #62555 by Ska_baron
I votes for what I playeds:

Prophesy!

More
11 May 2010 08:05 #62567 by sydo
Prophecy is one of the worst games I have ever played.
Vote: RotH

More
11 May 2010 11:55 #62588 by moofrank

I do kind of like Return of the Heroes. The actual number of options and character upgrades is a far smaller and less interesting pool than Prophecy.

More
11 May 2010 16:53 #62607 by MrZir
Return of the Heros is a good game, and I've heard that the Dragon expansion improves it quite a bit, but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I have never had the desire to seek out a game of Prophcy, it is just too similar to Talisman for me to try to find a place for it on my already bloated shelves. I will try it out if I get a chance, just to confirm my initial feeling before completely writing it off.

RotH

More
14 May 2010 18:17 #63040 by ChristopherMD
I've never played Prophecy, but it would pretty much have to be better than the borefest that is RotH. Therefore I gave it my tiebreaking vote.

Prophecy = 5
metalface13
Death and Taxis
Ska_baron
moofrank
Mad Dog

Return Of The Heroes = 4
Mr. Bistro
Grundunza
sydo
Mr Zir

The end for Trashdome is nigh!

More
14 May 2010 18:28 #63044 by Aarontu
I never played Prophecy either, but I can't imagine me liking it less than RotH.

More
14 May 2010 23:56 #63083 by DeletedUser
Mad Dog wrote:

The end for Trashdome is nigh!

Seems a bit of a shame, but the numbers just don't seem to be there any more.

More
15 May 2010 00:05 #63084 by Mr MOTO
Perhaps trashdomes should be less frequent, making them more of an 'event' to anticipate and participate in.

More
15 May 2010 00:14 #63086 by Mr. White
Yeah, these things used to hit 5+ pages easily. In fact, Thrashdomes are my most frequently visited parts of the site. I enjoy reading and re-reading our thoughts on games head-to-head. Many times preferring the debates over reviews.

Not sure why Thrashdome has dropped off. I do however, feel like there's a bit more hostility in the air within ourselves then there used to be. Perhaps, that's related.

More
15 May 2010 07:57 #63099 by moss_icon
I think it just wasn't a marquee matchup. It was no rumble in the jungle. Just a couple of light weights duking it out in obscurity, maybe for the Commonwealth title or something.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds