October 09, 2023
2598 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2792 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

Rocky Racoon, get out of my room....

More
14 Sep 2011 20:00 #103399 by VonTush

JonJacob wrote: Personally I have no qualms with shooting them but in a city that's just not an option so you have to use other methods.

I know a lot of cities have ordinances prohibiting discharging of firearms in city limits...But, and you'll want to check your local ordinances, crossbows might be another story.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OldHippy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Sep 2011 20:07 #103401 by Notahandle
MattDP wrote:
" You're a lucky man. We saw some Raccoons in a wildlife park recently, and thought they were the most adorable things ever. I'd love to see some of those in my garden at night."
Trap 'em. Ship 'em to Matt.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OldHippy

More
14 Sep 2011 22:52 #103420 by Msample

LordVonTush wrote:

JonJacob wrote: Personally I have no qualms with shooting them but in a city that's just not an option so you have to use other methods.

I know a lot of cities have ordinances prohibiting discharging of firearms in city limits...But, and you'll want to check your local ordinances, crossbows might be another story.

Or a high powered air rifle.

More
14 Sep 2011 23:46 #103424 by mjl1783
Not only are they pretty much vermin, raccoons account for the plurality of wildlife rabies cases in the US. An air rifle, or even a .22 isn't a bad idea to have around just in case. Don't fuck around with them.

More
15 Sep 2011 15:55 #103472 by Almalik
The best way I've found to get rid of a raccoon problem is to bring in bears. Now that we have bears cruising through the neighbourhood the raccoons are no longer an issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: daveroswell

More
15 Sep 2011 16:09 #103474 by SuperflyPete

Gary Sax wrote:

Space Ghost wrote: Gary -- that is saying a lot when compared to the Hippieville that is Urbana.

Fuck, I know, right? It's not like I was coming from the most urbane city in the world or anything. It just turns out I ended up in probably the most redneck and ignorant largish city in the entire country.

You live in Cincinnati? ;)

For example, the police here were forced to make an agreement with Al Sharpton and his race-baiting crew in order to quell race riots here when a black kid packing a Beretta was shot after pointing that Beretta at....wait for it...a black cop.

Yeah, we've got a lock on being a redneck, ignorant large city! :)

More
15 Sep 2011 16:18 #103476 by SuperflyPete

LordVonTush wrote:

Daisy 760 pellet gun. Attach 20-oz coke bottle to front after cutting off the bottom. Creates a directional silencer...the "pfft" is only heard if the listener is directly along the line of fire. And it's potent enough to cull a coon if you nail it broadside or get a headshot.

We have so SO so many wee rodentium out this way..woodchucks, rabbits, squirrels, chipmunks, possum, raccoon...and most are fine. My old cat killed all of the moles, and we had a pack of several hundred rabbits that were in the field behind our house...they'd come in and eat our gardens, well, until I got the Daisy and became known as "Rabbitslayer" by the forces of rabbitdom. Or at least that's how I imagine it.

It's really amazing seeing the little rabbity bastards doing their little mating dances, though. Last summer, about twenty or so were all out in the field together, dancing like some sort of faerie ring had entranced them, hopping and courting. It was brilliant. After watching for a while and getting the pastoral view etched in my head, I figured I'd never get a better chance to cull the flock quicker than that very moment. Funny thing is that even with Roger, Bugs, and a few others lying dead right in their midst, they still hopped and danced and tried to mate. Rather disturbing, really.

More
16 Sep 2011 00:10 #103542 by Bulwyf

This is the first thing I thought of. Oh and yeah, shoot em.

-Will

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds