October 09, 2023
2530 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2729 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

New Forum Game: suggest an avatar for a FATtie.

More
11 Feb 2012 20:35 - 11 Feb 2012 20:44 #116112 by Schweig!

TheDukester wrote: One of those was me; I'm trying to find your new comics. I'm hoping Eugene is back, but I don't know where to locate him.

I haven't uploaded any new ones yet.

I'm not getting to a scanner before Monday.
Last edit: 11 Feb 2012 20:44 by Schweig!.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Feb 2012 20:36 #116113 by OldHippy

TheDukester wrote:

Schweig! wrote: I think I had 20 or so profile hits since the change, so that must be good.

One of those was me; I'm trying to find your new comics. I'm hoping Eugene is back, but I don't know where to locate him.

Another was me trying to get a good look at your sexy self and hoping the avatar pic would be larger. It wasn't really.

More
11 Feb 2012 20:36 - 11 Feb 2012 20:38 #116114 by scissors
JJ, that's you getting yer head lopped off by Conan? I thought it was Tintin :)

EDIT: I'm waiting for a second coming of the original Barney!
Last edit: 11 Feb 2012 20:38 by scissors.

More
11 Feb 2012 20:41 #116116 by OldHippy

scissors wrote: JJ, that's you getting yer head lopped off by Conan? I thought it was Tintin :)

Pretty huge difference!! Yeah, I met Cary Nord (the Conan artist for Dark Horses run on Conan, first 30 books or so anyway) and he was doing drawings for fans. So I asked him if he could draw me walking up to him at a con and what Conan would do to some nerdy loser if he met me. Lop my head off!

I'm thinking of changing again though and I'm looking for an old photo I have that is perfect for the job.

More
11 Feb 2012 20:41 #116117 by Schweig!

JonJacob wrote: Another was me trying to get a good look at your sexy self and hoping the avatar pic would be larger. It wasn't really.

Hey, we were friends when I was on facebook, you had all the opportunity to stalk me there. F:AT auto-scaled the picture to its current size. I shot it voluntarily blurry though, so I don't think it would make a difference.

Speaking of sexy, here's a new scissors lady for scissors:

Attachment scissors2.jpg not found

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: scissors

More
11 Feb 2012 20:43 #116118 by OldHippy

Schweig! wrote: Hey, we were friends when I was on facebook, you had all the opportunity to stalk me there.

Yeah yeah, but each pic is a new opportunity man! Don't you know anything about stalking?

But... your off FB now? I had no clue. I guess I am a shitty stalker after all.

More
11 Feb 2012 20:45 #116119 by Ancient_of_MuMu
Thanks to JonJacob I did consider the change to Jar Jar Binks for a couple of minutes. After the discussion here about the prequels, I did tell my wife that being a fully grown nerd who likes the Star Wars Prequels is sometimes akin to being a homosexual in the 1950s. You keep being told quite aggressively that your feelings are wrong and unnatural. It would be nice to be out of the closet, proudly strutting my love for the prequels.
The following user(s) said Thank You: san il defanso

More
11 Feb 2012 20:48 - 11 Feb 2012 20:51 #116120 by Schweig!
Yes, MuMu, definitely change to the sad Jar Jar! Either that one or your original one.

The one you have now - since I don't know who that is - you're giving the impression you're some wannabe new-age emo-punk-kid.

JonJacob wrote: But... your off FB now? I had no clue. I guess I am a shitty stalker after all.

Yeah, I nuked my FB account. I guess F:AT is all the social networking I need. My friends in town I meet regularly and the others I shoot an e-mail now and then. All the other 50 people I befriended on FB, I don't really care about.
Last edit: 11 Feb 2012 20:51 by Schweig!.

More
11 Feb 2012 21:09 #116127 by Black Barney
I nuked my FB account after a week. It was awful. F:AT satisfies that social itch perfectly.

Ok, I changed back to the original avatar, hope this is the one you wanted and craved. When I have this one up, I have to remember to be 24% more flirty in my posts to match the picture.

I like Schweig's new avatar a ton as well Scissors

More
11 Feb 2012 21:15 #116130 by Ryan B.

Black Barney wrote: I nuked my FB account after a week. It was awful. F:AT satisfies that social itch perfectly.

Ok, I changed back to the original avatar, hope this is the one you wanted and craved. When I have this one up, I have to remember to be 24% more flirty in my posts to match the picture.

I like Schweig's new avatar a ton as well Scissors

Oops, the one you most recently had Black Barney, before you started changing avatars this week. THAT one was the award winner. Richard Simmons should never be passive. (LOL)

More
11 Feb 2012 22:01 #116140 by Ancient_of_MuMu

Schweig! wrote: Yes, MuMu, definitely change to the sad Jar Jar! Either that one or your original one.

The one you have now - since I don't know who that is - you're giving the impression you're some wannabe new-age emo-punk-kid.

Charles Haddon probably is who Emo kids aspire too, and regard as a Kurt Cobain figure even though he wasn't half the man Cobain was. His band had a minor hit single , and at a festival he stage dived, the crowd parted, and he landed badly on a teenage girl. Initially there was a suspicion she was rendered a paraplegic by this (though it was just cracked vertebrae and a broken leg), so out of guilt he went to the car park and jumped off a radio mast killing himself. He is my sort of rock 'n roll figure, a bit of danger and extreme passion.

I will change back to Bill Drummond when I can find my zoomed in version of the image.

More
11 Feb 2012 22:05 - 11 Feb 2012 22:07 #116142 by OldHippy
For awhile I thought you were rocking that awesome tatoo for you avatar ancient. I really like that one. It had a cool look to it and the image of that beast carved in blood and flesh really suited it too.

Edit: actually your new one is really fucking dark and depressing now that I know the story. That might be cool to some people.
Last edit: 11 Feb 2012 22:07 by OldHippy.

More
11 Feb 2012 22:07 #116145 by Schweig!
Oh wow, that's some rough stuff.

More
11 Feb 2012 22:16 #116147 by Sagrilarus

Ancient_of_MuMu wrote: It would be nice to be out of the closet, proudly strutting my love for the prequels.

In time you'll grow out of it.

S.

More
12 Feb 2012 00:47 #116163 by Notahandle
Ryan B. wrote:
" See the only ones that I would like to see changed are the one that are nondescript and don't provide much in the way of presumed identity. They are not bad, as some people simply have avatars of their likes. But they don't stand out from an avatar basis.
A short list (not fully representative)::"
I liked the starkness of the image, almost iconic. (Plus, I was hoping someone might recognise which film it's from.)

Since everyone's changing their avatars every five minutes, maybe tomorrow I'll unearth the alternatives I was considering.

scissors wrote:
" EDIT: I'm waiting for a second coming of the original Barney!"
Be patient, Ken needs a few minutes to get his breath back.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds