October 09, 2023
2525 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2727 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

Fuck Microsoft and Fuck the XBOX Live Customer Service

More
19 Feb 2012 03:01 #116937 by QPCloudy
So, today I had an issue I contacted them about. During the call the woman I was speaking with told me to delete the "rights database" file in system items. I asked if she was sure, and she said yes. So, I did as she said. Later on this evening I went to play a game. First, it made me re-download the initial "update" every game has i.e. DRM rights file. Then when I selected my hard drive as I always do to select my save file, it came back save file corrupt. I did this three times before calling them back to see what the hell happened. They told me basically that there is nothing they can do about the corrupted files and that they consider the issue to be resolved and they cannot offer any sort of compensation for my inconvenience.

So basically, their employee told me to delete a file which when I did it corrupted all my save files rendering every game I own back to square one and all they can say is sorry. I even asked if they could throw me some ms points or an extra month onto the end of my gold subscription. All they could do was tell me to fuck off.

tl:dr Fuck Microsoft and Fuck XBOX Live Customer Service

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Feb 2012 03:34 #116938 by tscook
Fuck DRM, fuck consoles, fuck paying to play on shitty servers.

More
19 Feb 2012 06:32 #116942 by Egg Shen
That sucks man.

My brother eventually sold his 360 due to having multiple systems meltdown and having to deal with their terrible customer service.

I have an extensive collection of videogame systems and it blows my mind that my Sega Genesis, NES, 3DO and others will probably be fully functioning long after my 360....

More
19 Feb 2012 14:53 #116955 by jeb
I waited patiently for the Jasper chipset before buying an Xbox. Haven't had an issue. My Wii's disk drive failed about three months in, but they fixed that right away in just a hour or so at a place the next town over. My NES needed constant coaxing to play games after a couple of years though. But for hardy hardware, I have to say the DS is fucking indestructible. Short of some kind of hammer blow, this thing is chugging. The hinge broke after some terrible child interaction, but it's still playable, just annoying. A friend has dropped his DS in water TWICE and recovered it both times by removing the battery and dropping the whole thing in a silica bead bath for a day.

But, so sorry for you QPCloudy. That sucks. If you are actually calling customer service, you have already lost.

More
19 Feb 2012 14:58 #116956 by repoman
Is this just some sort of elaborate ruse to explain why I completely dominate you at Pinball Fx?

Sucks to have shit service. Had a similar problem with Quickbooks at work. Some sort of error in the program. 2 hours of customer service call later the problem is still there and then they send me a $50 bill for the call. *sigh*

More
19 Feb 2012 15:22 #116957 by jeb

repoman wrote: Is this just some sort of elaborate ruse to explain why I completely dominate you at Pinball Fx?

Sucks to have shit service. Had a similar problem with Quickbooks at work. Some sort of error in the program. 2 hours of customer service call later the problem is still there and then they send me a $50 bill for the call. *sigh*

But hey, at least PINBALL FX2 still works! Who needs QUICKBOOKS up and running, really.

More
19 Feb 2012 15:55 #116959 by QPCloudy
Oh yeah, I can still play all my games, although I almost had to reformat my hdd and re-download EVERYTHING because of that rights file. It's just all my saves are gone. Ugh, still so angry. My wife doesn't want me to sell it, but I'm about ready to get a ps3. I'm just so angry with their csr department.

More
19 Feb 2012 16:02 #116961 by Gary Sax

More
20 Feb 2012 14:55 #117000 by SuperflyPete
QP, can you elaborate on WHY you needed to delete that file, so that we can all learn from your suffering? Like...what happened to make you call CSR?

If I lost my level 30 Fallout character THE SECOND TIME (my old PC crashed...and off went Guzz Buzzanutt to his digital death) I'm not entirely sure I would be able to not fly to Redmond and fling fresh shit at the guard shack at MicroFlacid.

More
20 Feb 2012 16:17 #117007 by QPCloudy
Well, the whole reason I called them in the first place is trivial really. Basically, every time I use netflix on the 360, it signs me out 20 minutes into whatever I'm watching. It doesn't happen when playing games or at any other time, just when watching netflix.

Anyhow, I called to see if it was a known issue and what I could do to fix it. Also, the zune app has never worked since the new db update and I wanted to see if we could get that resolved also.

I'm a tech guy, so I know what I'm doing when I push buttons. I did exactly what the rep told me to do step by step. I thought the rights database deletion was a little sketchy, but I trusted her "professional" knowledge and followed her advice. And their csr team basically told me so sorry, I'm screwed, deal with it.

The thing is, I know they can't give me my saves back. You can't uncorrupt a corrupted file. I just want some sort of "I'm sorry we screwed you out of all that time and evergy." Blah, it's just silly games I know, and what does it really amount to at the end of the day, but still, hours and hours playing Skyrim or Oblivion or any other long ass game, down the tubes now.

More
20 Feb 2012 16:32 #117011 by Gary Sax
Jesus christ, that is fucking terrible.

More
20 Feb 2012 16:52 #117013 by jeb
...but is Netflix fixed?

More
20 Feb 2012 17:01 #117014 by Gary Sax

More
20 Feb 2012 17:35 #117018 by QPCloudy

jeb wrote: ...but is Netflix fixed?

Fuck no! I was watching a documentary last night and about 40 minutes in, it quits on me. Luckily I have no problems with my blu-ray player, but damn. So on top of all my shit being fried, my damn Netflix is still not working!

More
20 Feb 2012 17:46 #117020 by MattFantastic
I started saving all my 360 stuff to the cloud. Kind of a pain to have to rely on working internet to play a saved game, but at the same time, I'd rather have that than deal with totally losing my save files from a crashed HDD.

Comparing the hardware to NES days is a pretty bullshit endevor; Go try to play some of those battery-backup saves off a 25 year old cart and see what happens. The 360 sure fucked the pig before Jasper came out, but comparing software failures to systems that didn't even have that kind of feature as a measure of quaility is as dumb as saying a rock is a much better weapon than a gun cause you know, my throwing rock has NEVER jammed up on me. And also, like Jeb said, how many times did you have to blow on a cart to get it to load right back in those glory days?

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds