October 09, 2023
2628 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2819 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

More fun with our favorite huckster!

More
25 Mar 2012 21:50 #120609 by SuperflyPete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Mar 2012 22:02 #120610 by SaMoKo
Witch hunts own. Normally I'd feel bad for a small company being dogpiled like this , but Mayday kinda deserves it for ~repeatedly~ screwing over customers. Every other small business in this industry seems really chill, I haven't had a single issue with any of them. Even most publishers seem to exceed expectations (love you GMT). If that thread raises some awareness about that huckster to customers just entering the hobby, cool.

All the talk about the sleeves is overblown though. As cheap sleeves go, they seem fine to me.

More
26 Mar 2012 01:39 #120623 by jhuntin1
Reading that thread is ruined by Seth's continued attempts at damage control every 3 or 4 posts. I'm surprised he can't see that his feeble efforts are probably doing more to piss people off then if he'd let them vent. If you're going to respond, do it once in the general comments section or let it go.

More
26 Mar 2012 02:12 #120624 by SaMoKo

jhuntin1 wrote: Reading that thread is ruined by Seth's continued attempts at damage control every 3 or 4 posts.

Nooooooooo, that's the funny part :v
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stephen Avery, Fallen

More
26 Mar 2012 02:19 #120626 by stormseeker75
Sweet baby James, that's a shit pile alright.

More
26 Mar 2012 05:35 - 26 Mar 2012 05:35 #120628 by Ryan B.
Wow.

Forget the Wrath of Khan. Kirk should be happy he never faced the Wrath of Superfly. That's one famous kitchen table by now.
Last edit: 26 Mar 2012 05:35 by Ryan B..

More
27 Mar 2012 16:50 #120768 by imrahil327
I'm not familiar with the thread structure on TOS, so I can't find the original post about your table, Superfly- can you summarize what happened here?

More
27 Mar 2012 18:52 #120785 by Msample

SaMoKo wrote: Witch hunts own. Normally I'd feel bad for a small company being dogpiled like this , but Mayday kinda deserves it for ~repeatedly~ screwing over customers. Every other small business in this industry seems really chill, I haven't had a single issue with any of them. Even most publishers seem to exceed expectations (love you GMT). If that thread raises some awareness about that huckster to customers just entering the hobby, cool.

All the talk about the sleeves is overblown though. As cheap sleeves go, they seem fine to me.

Pete's "offending" post is right here. It, and the 93 before it, are condensed unless you hit "show" or whatever.

www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/139427?co...44275#comment2844275

As far their fine cheap sleeves - on the one hand, you get what you pay for - I am willing to pay extra for Ultra Pros and having gone through thousands, never had a single bad one. Ever. Now I know Mayday stuff is cheap - but how hard should it be to get better QC ? It's not like they are fabricating stuff with tolerances for making the fucking space shuttle. It shouldn't be that difficult. And it seems that all too often, Seth's customer service "wins" - are when he fixes someones problems only after repeated attempts to email Seth fail, a public venting brings a sudden appearance by the huckster. If he got it right in the first place, he wouldn't have to deal with it in the first place. How many times do you see someone publicly bitching about getting no response from say GMT or FFG? WAY less, if ever, compared to this shitbag.

More
27 Mar 2012 19:27 #120788 by Ken B.
Did someone say "The Huckster?"

More
27 Mar 2012 19:31 #120789 by SuperflyPete
maydaygames wrote:
There is no way I'm going to go through every one of these points and post about them. This is totally silly.

Do you not get it? Are you really that blind? How many other companies in this industry have even HAD this many points to respond to? Do you smell what the crowd is cooking?

Even BGG Admins are posting here, wow. IndigoPotter represents BGG, I guess.

It's about fucking time, too. I wondered how long they'd allow predators to continually misrepresent themselves and hurt their site's users.

Please any of you with any problems at all with a single product you got that was defective or didn't work or whatever email me directly and I'll be more than happy to take care of you.

Dude, your whole fucking business is an epic fail. Do you NOT GET IT? We don't want to be "taken care of" after the fact!!!! WE WANT WHAT WE FUCKING PAID FOR!!! WE WANT WHAT TO GET SOMETHING THAT RESEMBLES AND FUNCTIONS AS DESCRIBED!!! THE ~FIRST FUCKING TIME, SETH~!!!!

You want to talk about someone who DIDN'T GET TAKEN CARE OF? REALLY? Guess what, Captain Fail of the good ship Failboat, I'm that guy. You sent me SOMEONE ELSE'S FUCKED UP CROK BOARD, AND ASKED ME TO SEND IT TO ANOTHER VICTIM. And for you to lie like a fucking dog and say that I kept it AT YOUR BEHEST, man, you're a sack. Nate at TANGA was the one who told me to keep it, and he hadn't talked to you, so you had NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. And guess what, Seth, I still don't have a fucking check from you to replace the table that your shitty fucking Crok board damaged. Maybe I need to call China and have them do it....no....they apparently aren't any good at repairing wood products either if the boards are any example.

So please, stop bullshitting people, because we're not that stupid. I've bit my tongue because you said you were "a changed man" and that this was all just one big misunderstanding. I tried to let it go. But you come here and lie like a motherfucker and then act the victim? You're like the John Wayne Gacy of board games acting like the women threw themselves on your knife and you didn't have shit to do with it.

We have always stood 100% behind our products.

Yeah, that's bullshit. Where's my new kitchen table? The only thing you stand behind is a fat, steaming sack of bull shit.

Personal shots at my wife? (Note: That wasn't me. I'm sure she's a miserable fucking dirtbag like her husband, but I never said that. Oh, I guess I did.)

Yeah, that's bullshit. Only thing people can say against her is that she has bad taste in men.

I've been equated to a drug dealer and child molester on other threads now?

You sell games to game addicts and you fuck people AND their kids by delivering shitty, defective product. Seems apropos.

Come on guys surely you see this is totally out of proportion.

You're a joke. What's out of proportion is the length of time you've been in business to the quality of service you provide.

Anyone who sees this as fair and balanced feel free to weigh in.

Get Tom out here, after all, he's your paid spokesperson. I still can't believe Tom is putting his reputation behind you.

There are plenty of other threads documenting our successes too.

...at a 1:10 ratio of threads documenting your epic failures. You've sailed more failboats than Exxon, BP, and Carnival fucking Crash Lines combined.

Best of luck to all of you!

...in getting what you paid for, on time, and actually having it do what Seth said it would when it arrives! Or maybe you meant "good luck getting your table fixed, sorry my fucked up crok board totally scratched the shit out of it! Oh, you just got that table? My bad!"

MAYDAY is right. It's a fucking disaster.

And that was the LAST post. The first was...

maydaygames wrote:
Since this thread has been described as being a source to find feedback for Mayday Games, we thought it fair to also include a few of the positive things our customers are saying too.

First, not really sure that MayDay knows anything about fairness.

Second, I have a positive thing to add to the list. I'm POSITIVE I got fucked out of four hundred dollars when my table got destroyed. Oh, you're not aware of what happens when a laquer finish on a table gets scratched? Water seeps under it, slowly, over time. And it peels up the finish. So, my lovely table now looks like it belongs at a fucking hillbilly yard sale.

But I'm sure a check is forthcoming....because it's the FAIR thing to do, right?

Let's recap:

And the second...

nordlead wrote:
considering what I have read, how come no one pressed charges for fraud?

maydaygames wrote:
Mostly because we offered a full refund/exchange and a one year warranty on every single board. The people in question immediately got full refunds and kept the boards. There was absolutely nothing to press charges on. Less than 1% of actual board owners ever complained at all, and that was 2 years ago.

Nate at Tanga told me to keep it, which I kept for exactly 1 day before dropping it at goodwill. You had exactly JACK and SHIT to do with that transaction, Seth, when it came to me keeping it. Nate had instructed me, I bought it from Nate, and so the way I view you, you were the Chinese crap dealer that I got my Walmart plasticrap from; it was defective, I took it back to Wally's and they refunded me. That didn't have shit to do with the Chinese sweatshop just like me keeping that board didn't have shit to do with you.

And I'm still out a fucking 400$ kitchen table. Maybe you can have the sweatshop cook one up out of sawdust and aborted baby bones, veneer it with some nice wallpaper, maybe a cherry blossom print this time, and send it on to someone else, who will then wonder what the fuck it's doing there, then read the note that it was actually destined for me, but it was another Patented Clerical Error (TM) on MayDay's part.

More
28 Mar 2012 01:04 #120833 by Schweig!
I'm beginning to feel sorry for this guy. I always thought he was a crook, but I guess after all he's just certified clueless and dangerously unreliable.

More
28 Mar 2012 17:49 #120906 by TheDukester

Schweig! wrote: I'm beginning to feel sorry for this guy.

SRSLY?!?

Schweig! wrote: I always thought he was a crook, but I guess after all he's just certified clueless and dangerously unreliable.

So what? He shouldn't be in business, either way. Fuck him.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds