October 09, 2023
2515 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2715 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

BUG: Those five squares

More
11 Jan 2008 13:28 #307 by Notahandle
On the left under User Menu, clicking "Your Profile", then the Subscriptions tab, it shows my Forum Ranking as five purple squares. Yet in a forum thread, such as Weiner, I have the beige squares.

Also under the Subscriptions tab, it shows I'm subscribed even after I've unsubscribed. I've cleared the history, cache, and cookies.

Re: "subscribe: Check this box to have yourself notified about replies to this topic." Can I request that this goes to the Private Mailbox rather than to the email address.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2008 13:33 #308 by Notahandle
Unsubscribing from the myprofile showsub list works. (The one where you tick each individual box and the Delete button at the bottom.)

More
11 Jan 2008 15:16 #332 by Notahandle
The Forum Ranking for fortadmin is blue in the forum but red in the profile. Kind of appropriate, given the avatar.

• zozo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 Jan 2008 19:52 #387 by zozo
Replied by zozo on topic Re:BUG: Those five squares
What do you think this is, Sleeping Beauty's Castle? Maybe Tinkerbell should fly over there and ring a little bell so that you know when someone responds to your lame comment. Then she can sprinkle some fairy dust to unsubscribe you.

Click on the title of the thread and then click on the unsubscribe button in the thread itself.

More
12 Jan 2008 09:06 #432 by Notahandle
I guess it is if you're happy to let sleeping bugs lie. How foolish of me to think that if a function isn't working that you'd be interested in knowing about it. Don't worry, I won't do anything so lame as to report any odd website behaviour again.

More
12 Jan 2008 09:34 #436 by Ken B.
Replied by Ken B. on topic Re:BUG: Those five squares
Fortadmn is just a little hostile right now due to launch overload. I've tried reasoning with the guy, to no avail. He and the Compactor are in cahoots.

We will be working to address user issues, depending on what they are. But these things take time.

More
12 Jan 2008 10:27 #441 by Notahandle
No problem, just give him/her a good spanking followed by some ice cream for the tender spots.
Either that or a cold shower.

More
12 Jan 2008 11:42 #446 by ubarose
Replied by ubarose on topic Re:BUG: Those five squares
Adrian Bolt wrote:

No problem, just give him/her a good spanking followed by some ice cream for the tender spots.
Either that or a cold shower.

We gave FortAdmn a bottle vodka last night and he is sleeping it off.

The rubble from the fourth incarnation of the Fortress has been cleared from the "Subscription" tab in the profile. An upgrade for the forum app we are using is due out in Feb. that we hope will fix the forum/profile/PM system issues that you have discovered. It's like waiting for an expansion.

More
12 Jan 2008 12:07 #450 by Notahandle
I know what you mean! I've been waiting to look at a photo editing app since October. It was put back to April, now it's due for release in a couple of days. Hopefully your forum app will avoid being rescheduled further into the future.

More
12 Jan 2008 13:26 #463 by Ken B.
Replied by Ken B. on topic Re:BUG: Those five squares
Incidentally Adrian, we do appreciate you taking the time to report bugs to us. We did quite a bit of testing but there are things that you've found that We just didn't get a chance to test much, or slipped by us. Growing pains, my man. Growing pains.

We're like Microsoft--we're letting you test the beta. If you're going to form an Evil Empire, might as well emulate the best.

;))

More
12 Jan 2008 17:32 #489 by Notahandle
Aw shucks, thanks. You probably know as well as I that no matter how much software testing you do, someone will do something unexpected, or ask about something you thought was obvious. Just like in game design.

Re: "We're like Microsoft"
I'm shocked! I'm so, so sorry! Take these tablets and lie down and you'll feel better tomorrow. (Unless it's terminal gatesitis.)

More
15 Jan 2008 18:36 #786 by Druen Kree
I dont know if this question has been answered all ready but...What the hell are those damn 5 squares?
They freak me out man!

More
15 Jan 2008 18:38 #787 by ubarose
Replied by ubarose on topic Re:BUG: Those five squares
They look like friggin' cubes to me.

More
15 Jan 2008 19:12 #789 by Notahandle
Spot the Eurogamer!

And why are yours and Mr Skeletors an angry red, whilst Michael and Kens are a placid green? Has F:AT implemented virtual moodstones?!

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds