October 09, 2023
2520 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2721 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

Any chance for a chat feature on F:AT? Or is it here, and I just don't know it?

More
04 Jul 2008 06:59 #8166 by daveroswell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jul 2008 07:02 #8167 by Schweig!
There would only be you and I hanging around in it at a time as this and then it wouldn't be any different from the BGG chat. ;)

More
04 Jul 2008 11:29 #8174 by ubarose
I could integrate a chat hosted on another site. We are using a shared server, so we don't have the capacity to host our own chat. The question is, how many members would use it. On my other site, people asked for chat, and I spent a bunch of time getting it to work and then after the novelty wore off no one used it.

More
04 Jul 2008 13:16 #8177 by Ken B.
ubarose wrote:

I could integrate a chat hosted on another site. We are using a shared server, so we don't have the capacity to host our own chat. The question is, how many members would use it. On my other site, people asked for chat, and I spent a bunch of time getting it to work and then after the novelty wore off no one used it.

This is a totally made up statistic but it seems like 99% of the websites I visit that have chat features, no one uses them. Like Uba says, when a chat is launched everybody's all about it, but it dies, and quickly.

Look at BGG, which has thousands of users. Wander into the chat room at any given time and you'll find five people logged in, with four in an "Idle" state.

It would be awesome to chat with you guys but with my "pop in and pop out" schedule lately I'm not sure I'd get to use it as much as I'd like.

But anyway, we talked about chat at one time but came to the conclusion Uba described.

More
05 Jul 2008 05:06 #8189 by daveroswell
Yeah, I'm on BGG chat all the time, BUT I can see how it probably wouldn't work. Still, if anyone is up at 4 in the morning and is bored...I'm almost always up. Graveyard shift.

More
07 Jul 2008 10:07 #8253 by mikelawson
daveroswell wrote:

Yeah, I'm on BGG chat all the time, BUT I can see how it probably wouldn't work. Still, if anyone is up at 4 in the morning and is bored...I'm almost always up. Graveyard shift.

I'm not that big on broadband chats such as BGG chat, because while there are people I would like to talk to there, there are also people who I'd rather not talk to present. Being selective in chat sessions (or more traditional IM sessions) are preferable to me.

--Mike L.

More
07 Jul 2008 17:28 #8271 by JoelCFC25
I tossed out an idea for an IRC channel dedicated to F:AT awhile back.

That idea pretty much had the trajectory of a lead balloon.

More
07 Jul 2008 22:44 #8285 by BigLizard
mikelawson wrote:

daveroswell wrote:

I'm not that big on broadband chats such as BGG chat, because while there are people I would like to talk to there, there are also people who I'd rather not talk to present. Being selective in chat sessions (or more traditional IM sessions) are preferable to me.

--Mike L.

Don't mind what Mike says. He's just afraid I'll show up in chat and reveal all his secret skeletons.

BillN

More
07 Jul 2008 23:27 #8290 by mikelawson
BigLizard wrote:

mikelawson wrote:

daveroswell wrote:

--Mike L.

Don't mind what Mike says. He's just afraid I'll show up in chat and reveal all his secret skeletons.

BillN

Hey, I floated the idea of Civ two game sessions ago, I wasn't the one who agreed to play Monopoly with my wife instead.

--Mike L.

More
08 Jul 2008 08:41 - 08 Jul 2008 08:53 #8292 by Ska_baron
I dont know what you guys did, but I just got to the end of this thread and the google ad at the bottom was for MENINLOVE.COM

Way to gay up the site, guys.
Last edit: 08 Jul 2008 08:53 by Ska_baron.

More
08 Jul 2008 09:10 #8297 by mikelawson
Ska_baron wrote:

I dont know what you guys did, but I just got to the end of this thread and the google ad at the bottom was for MENINLOVE.COM

Way to gay up the site, guys.

Exactly HOW does that ad tag pick what to display, anyway? THE LEVIATHAN CHRONICLES is much better to look at.

It could also be that Monopoly + Chat = meninlove.com

--Mike L.

More
08 Jul 2008 10:31 #8307 by Ken B.
Heh...funny on page 2 of this, you mention "Monopoly" and a freakin' John McCain ad pops up. Either the Google ad thinks he's the rich white guy with a Monopoly on the hearts of the right-wingers, or he's as old as the game of Monopoly itself. Both seem oddly appropriate.

But let's ungay things....Boobies. Breasteses. Bosoms. Wankle Rotary Engines. Hubba hubba.

More
08 Jul 2008 10:44 #8310 by Schweig!
Mine are in German:

"Konvertiere vom Single zum Startspieler!"

More
08 Jul 2008 11:46 #8313 by mikelawson
Oh great.

Now we get "Gossip Girl."

--Mike L.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.357 seconds