October 09, 2023
2518 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2718 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

I'm getting irritated at being logged out each day.

More
11 Jul 2008 11:14 #8489 by Notahandle
I'm getting irritated at being logged out each day.

F:AT normally doesn't do this, so when there's no new posts flagged I don't check to see if I've been logged out; which means it took me over a week to notice :blush: this time (I figured you're all actually playing games :laugh: ).
Anyway, you have a fragging 'Remember me' tick box, so can you please fix it so that it does 'Remember me'!! :angry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jul 2008 11:54 - 11 Jul 2008 11:54 #8493 by Ken B.
We had an issue with this awhile back where people were accessing the site through two different URLs--http://www.fortressat.com and fortressat.com . Since the forum is another hook, coming in through www.fortressat.com would cause the forums to not "remember" you after your session limit had expired.

Make sure you're logging in through fortressat.com . Click "Remember Me". Never use the www address. See if that makes a difference. I believe it fixed it for the others who were having this problem.
Last edit: 11 Jul 2008 11:54 by Ken B..

More
11 Jul 2008 11:56 #8494 by SusanR
I'm getting logged out after just a short time. I log on and leave a F:AT window open all day to check back to when I get time. For the past few days, every time I come back to it, I'm logged out even if I've only been away only 10 minutes. Very annoying.

More
11 Jul 2008 11:58 #8495 by Ken B.
Maybe we have a new problem afoot, we'll check it out. Can y'all make sure you're coming in through fortressat.com , just to be on the safe side?

More
11 Jul 2008 12:22 #8504 by SusanR
I was using the wrong address but I switched to the correct one and it still timed out. It's not a huge problem - just a minor annoyance.

More
11 Jul 2008 12:33 #8505 by vialiy
I come in from www.fortressat.com (using Firefox), the front page never shows me as logged in but in reality I always am; the moment I click on a link it shows I'm logged in just fine.

More
11 Jul 2008 13:01 #8508 by Schweig!
I had the same problem with IE7 and www.fortressat.com , but not anymore with Seamonkey and fortressat.com .

More
11 Jul 2008 16:29 - 11 Jul 2008 16:45 #8523 by ubarose
For those of you who DO NOT check the remember me box, we have been having some time out problems this week.

For those of you who do use the remember me box, you should be being automatically logged in again, even if you were booted off, as soon as you click to another page, so it should be pretty invisible that you were ever logged out at all.

Additional information.

Logging in, staying logged in and being logged in automatically depends upon your machine and browser being able to receive and keep cookies sent by F:AT to you, and our site being able to get the data on those cookies from you.

Most common reasons for not being able to stay logged in or not logging in automatically after having checked the "remember me" box are:

1. Browser security set to not allow cookies.
2. Anti-Spyware apps on your machine deleting or preventing cookies.
3. Browser set to delete cookies
4. Manually deleting cookies.
5. Accessing site from behind a firewall
6. Accessing site via a proxy (including AOL)

There are always things going on between your machine and our site that break our connection each other. This can result in our being logged out, however this should be mostly transparent to those of you that use the "remember me" box, because as soon as you click to another page, you will be automatically logged back in. If you have checked the box, and you know for certain that you are nor behind a firewall or accessing us via proxy, start by checking your security and cookie settings on your browser. Also check your settings on on any security software that you have running.
Last edit: 11 Jul 2008 16:45 by ubarose.

More
11 Jul 2008 16:53 #8531 by Notahandle
fortressat.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=220 is the bookmark I enter with.
BUT it's only logged me out once (or twice) before; in all the time I've been registered I've had to log in less than half a dozen times. Oh, and I'm on OS X / Safari and it's just occurred to me that I upgraded to Leopard (10.5.4) recently so now I'm wondering whether that might have caused the behavioural change.
Regarding uba's 'reasons (not) to be cheerful' the only one that applies is #5, but that didn't affect my staying logged in for weeks at a time before; also I've just checked and it's defaulted to Allow All Incoming Connections.
(And shouldn't #6 read " via a poxy AOL"?)

More
11 Jul 2008 17:02 #8532 by ubarose
This reply is specifically for Mr. Bolt and anyone else that is behind a proxy or uses AOL.

Adrian,

I believe that at at one point we established that you were behind a proxy. At that time I was able to fix it so that you could stay logged in. This week, i had to install a security patch, and it undid what had been previously set. I am getting it reset so you, and others that might be in the same situation can be automatically logged in using "remember me."

P.S. you and your proxy are such a my pain ass ;)

More
11 Jul 2008 17:11 #8533 by ubarose
Notahandle wrote:

fortressat.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=220 is the bookmark I enter with.
BUT it's only logged me out once (or twice) before; in all the time I've been registered I've had to log in less than half a dozen times. Oh, and I'm on OS X / Safari and it's just occurred to me that I upgraded to Leopard (10.5.4) recently so now I'm wondering whether that might have caused the behavioural change.
Regarding uba's 'reasons (not) to be cheerful' the only one that applies is #5, but that didn't affect my staying logged in for weeks at a time before; also I've just checked and it's defaulted to Allow All Incoming Connections.
(And shouldn't #6 read " via a poxy AOL"?)

Our posts just missed each other. That's right, it was a firewall. Firewalls are a pain in my ass too. AOL is "America On Line", which is an internet service provider and is also a pain in my ass.

More
11 Jul 2008 17:14 #8534 by ubarose
Adrian,

I just PMed you. I need you to test something for me. I'm going for smoke, I'll be back in a few.

More
11 Jul 2008 17:48 #8537 by ubarose
With the assistance of the most ninja like Mr. Bolt, I believe that the login problems have been fixed. Sorry it took so long. It's just really difficult to fix anything when you keep getting the white page of death because your being booted out every few minutes by this piece of crap site.

More
12 Jul 2008 01:09 #8554 by SusanR
It's working for me now. I did re-check the "remember me" box. Several security updates to Vista were installed on my computer a few days ago so maybe that was the problem. Or maybe whatever Ubarose did fixed it for me, too. Who knows - I'm a total idiot when it comes to computers.

So now I can stay logged into F:AT all day. I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not! :P

More
12 Jul 2008 02:12 #8555 by ubarose
You should be good to go now.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds