Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Flashback Friday - Dominion - Does anyone play this anymore? What deck builders are you playing?

Flashback Friday - Dominion - Does anyone play this anymore? What deck builders are you playing? 26 Jul 2018 21:31 #278481

I first played Dominion when Jay Tummelson introduced it to us at "The Gathering of Strangers" (which I named) in SLC a long time ago. It blew our minds, but eventually came to feel, as others have mentioned, like a mechanism in search of a narrative. I'm currently playing Star Realms with my son. Sure, it's obvious, but just fun enough to play another game. I don't want to go down the M:TB abyss, but would like to play something a little more complex. I've seen Zeppelin Attacks! in the wild, in Ogden Utah, and would have bought it but my financial manager was in the store with me.

Is this a banal story? Yes, yes it is, but you take away my banal stories and there's precious little left, so there you go.
  • CranBerries
  • D10
  • Wait, are you sure?
  • Thank you received: 1547
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD

Flashback Friday - Dominion - Does anyone play this anymore? What deck builders are you playing? 27 Jul 2018 15:05 #278565

We played the ever-loving shit out of Dominion when it first came out.

It has been obsoleted by other deckbuilders but holy shit did it pioneer an entire genre. It will always have my respect in that regard.
  • Ken B.
  • Big Dog
  • By Request Only
  • Thank you received: 733
I understand and appreciate your contributions
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

Flashback Friday - Dominion - Does anyone play this anymore? What deck builders are you playing? 27 Jul 2018 15:10 #278570

AHHHHHHHHHH!!! It’s a Ken!

This game has the worst theme ever, none. I played this a ton at the beginning. But LOTR did everything better , I like the characters
  • Black Barney
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D20
  • 10k Club
  • Thank you received: 3405
"We must let go of the life we had planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us." - Joseph Campbell

Flashback Friday - Dominion - Does anyone play this anymore? What deck builders are you playing? 27 Jul 2018 15:13 #278572

Black Barney wrote:
AHHHHHHHHHH!!! It’s a Ken!

This game has the worst theme ever, none. I played this a ton at the beginning. But LOTR did everything better , I like the characters

AHHHHH!! It's a Richard Simmons! So glad you weren't kidnapped!
  • Ken B.
  • Big Dog
  • By Request Only
  • Thank you received: 733
I understand and appreciate your contributions
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney
Time to create page: 0.363 seconds