October 09, 2023
2525 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2727 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Any events, cons and meetups can be posted here. There is a link to our Member Map in your PROFILE menu.

F:AT CAMP (aka This Convention Of Ours)

More
16 Sep 2010 18:56 #74218 by ufe
So Avery, does this mean AveryFest 2011 is done for? I'm going to be honest, heading south to Atlanta in Jan/Feb sounded like a better deal than Connecticut in March. And yes, I'm a skinny motherfucker who whines when it's below 60.

Baltimore seemed like the better compromise between us east coasters, but I'm aware my opinion on the matter probably ain't swaying anyone anyway.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Sep 2010 19:14 #74221 by ChristopherMD
Since the idea of an F:AT convention has dropped I don't see why ConnCon, Trashfest, Averyfest, etc can't all be meetups just like in the past.

More
16 Sep 2010 20:29 #74223 by KingPut
Mad Dog wrote:

Since the idea of an F:AT convention has dropped I don't see why ConnCon, Trashfest, Averyfest, etc can't all be meetups just like in the past.

That's how it'll probably happen. It's great knowing that no matter which con you can make it to there will be a some F:ATties to make it a great time.

More
16 Sep 2010 21:08 #74224 by Stephen Avery
Averyfest is ON!

Zev even said he was looking forward to coming down again. WOOT! NO I've got to set some dates and block it in. Would you guys prefer Feb ish or Early June?

I also broached the subject of ConnCon to my wife. That looks like it will be very likely too.

Steve"or both?"Avery

More
16 Sep 2010 21:16 #74226 by Last Alchemist
Yeah, CT. in March doesn't sound too appealing.

Averyfest in Feb. sounds much better to me.

Dan

More
16 Sep 2010 23:21 #74234 by Not Sure
As painful as June in Atlanta sounds comfort-wise, it'd be much more possible for me.

I'm goddamn determined to finish this other degree, and as such I'll be in school until June, with limited ability to disappear for long weekends.

(I checked the dates for ConnCon, they fall on the end of my spring break, so not impossible there. Connecticut in March sounds fine to me, but I live at 5000 feet and am no stranger to winter.)

However, my attendance is highly dependent on a lot of other things, so pick the date that works better for people within the same time zone or so.

More
17 Sep 2010 04:14 #74245 by billyz
Although I, sadly, won't be able to attend Averyfest this year, I have recently come to the decision that If I only have one major gaming event to go to a year- I seriously prefer Averyfest!

It is the most fun I have had, and the fastest I have ever gotten aquainted with a group of strangers ever. I choose Averyfest over Gencon with my pals.

So Steve buddy, I'm seriously hoping you make it a yearly thing because no matter who attends, I think it's impossible to not have a good time.

Really wish I could go this year....

More
17 Sep 2010 08:25 #74248 by Stephen Avery
Hey thanks man...but are you sure you can't come down? I will make it as affordable as possible. I would reccomend that you don't challenge Frank to crokinole. That would be two less dinners you'd have to buy.

Steve"words of wisdom"Avery

More
17 Sep 2010 09:04 - 17 Sep 2010 09:07 #74251 by billyz
I'm gonna get Frank...

I'd loooooooove to make it down again... the only way I could possible make it work is in June. There's no way I'm staying married if I leave Helen alone with my 1 and 2 yo daughters/hellions, in February,now that she's back at work.

If you do make it June, and I do make it down, we have to play some gamblin' Magical Athlete, and gamblin' Dungeonquest.

Oh! And some Catacombs, and that Dinosaurs with guns game, and Tweaked Thunder Road, and...
Last edit: 17 Sep 2010 09:07 by billyz.

More
17 Sep 2010 10:35 #74254 by Merkles
billyz wrote:

Although I, sadly, won't be able to attend Averyfest this year, I have recently come to the decision that If I only have one major gaming event to go to a year- I seriously prefer Averyfest!

It is the most fun I have had, and the fastest I have ever gotten aquainted with a group of strangers ever. I choose Averyfest over Gencon with my pals.

So Steve buddy, I'm seriously hoping you make it a yearly thing because no matter who attends, I think it's impossible to not have a good time.

Really wish I could go this year....

Ditto, Steve. It was amazing. But like Billy, alot is up in the air this year...June would be likely more doable than February (February 24, 25, 26 might work as there's a conference--about four hours drive away--but I might be giving a paper there--but I'd have to apply within the next few days). Otherwise, June might work (but depends on family plans).

Plan as best you can and I'll do my darndest.

More
17 Sep 2010 10:37 #74255 by ubarose
Duh, totally forgot. If anyone is interested in going to either Game Days, or ConnCon, both are held at a Holiday Inn.

Don't want to get into a big debate over the evils of credit cards, like in that other thread, however, if you are not credit card adverse, You can get two nights free if you get a Priority Club VISA.

More
17 Sep 2010 11:05 #74260 by Stephen Avery
Wow. Great deal on that. You can always get one then cancel after the minimum requirements.

Steve"cheapskate"Avery

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds