October 09, 2023
2218 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2437 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

Anyone selling tons of Heroscape? Want to build a robust collection from nothing

More
20 May 2019 09:32 #297321 by charlest
I very nearly won a huge collection of Heroscape in the Geekway virtual flea market, but the guy went over $700 and I had to step back and re-evaluate my own absurd priorities.

So, this place hasn't failed me in the past. My Dreamblade collection wouldn't exist if not for it.

Anyone out there with a ton of Heroscape and looking to sell? I'll pay a fair price.

I'm looking for a large collection that's not missing pieces and preferably has multiple starters and a ton of terrain. I don't want to have to track down more stuff and really want a set that's robust enough to stand on its own for eternity.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 May 2019 09:53 #297324 by hotseatgames
I'm going to get names wrong here...

I have 1 rise of the valkyrie set, 1 marrow base set or whatever it was called, 2 castle sets, a nice small permanently assembled map, and whatever figures came in those sets. Currently in 2 large tubs, plus the assembled map leans against a wall.

I'd consider dragging this stuff to Origins but honestly that's the only way you'd get this stuff reasonably, unless you want to drive to my house. Which you are welcome to do.

More
20 May 2019 10:07 #297328 by charlest
I'm not going to Origins and I'd probably not drive a terribly long distance unless it was a larger collection that was impossible to pass up. Thanks though Mark.

More
20 May 2019 12:05 #297354 by Michael Barnes
I have a TON of terrain and some miscellaneous figures...like, A LOT of basic terrain pieces in all sizes. I also have a bunch of glyphs, some dice, shields, etc. Let me know if you want it and I will price it up. Cheaply.

More
20 May 2019 12:13 #297357 by jeb
HEROSCAPE is an amazing thing. It could honestly be someone's only game and would make sense to me. There's a lifetime of gaming in that pile of plastic and cardboard, so I get it. I can't help you in this quest, but I support what you're doing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: charlest, Nodens

More
20 May 2019 12:26 #297360 by charlest

Michael Barnes wrote: I have a TON of terrain and some miscellaneous figures...like, A LOT of basic terrain pieces in all sizes. I also have a bunch of glyphs, some dice, shields, etc. Let me know if you want it and I will price it up. Cheaply.

I appreciate the offer but what I'm really looking for is someone who has something like:

Master Set 1 and 2 with rules and everything (maybe even the Underdark or Marvel thrown in)
Plus expansion X or Y (less important)

I don't want to buy a bunch of random stuff in a lot and then be unsure what I need or which Master sets I need to buy. If I already had a solid core I'd perhaps be interested in a bunch of extra terrain but I really need a very solid starting off point.

I wish this was a $400 Kickstarter I could go all in on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
20 May 2019 12:30 #297361 by hotseatgames

charlest wrote: I'm not going to Origins

SAD!

More
21 May 2019 14:24 - 21 May 2019 14:32 #297427 by Sagrilarus

charlest wrote: I wish this was a $400 Kickstarter I could go all in on.

It just begs to be a Kickstarter. Hasbro doesn't stoop that low though.

Part of the beauty of Heroscape is that none of your concerns really matter. Find yourself a decent sized set on eBay and don't worry about which packages the pieces come from. It's all you need to have fun.

If you want a particular character just buy it afterwards for a couple of bucks. You're not going to be buying particular packages in the future.

By the way, I just looked on eBay and you can kit yourself out in style for about $100. Three or four purchases for the terrain, a set of Rise of the Valkyrie miniatures.
Last edit: 21 May 2019 14:32 by Sagrilarus.

More
21 May 2019 14:36 #297431 by charlest
That's a good point Sag, I guess I was worried that if I got a mix of things it would be difficult figuring out how to expand without duplicating unique units or something. Being able to buy one offs on Ebay solves that.

Regardless, I think I've accomplished my objective. I was able to snag Master set 2 and the D&D Underdark Set together at discount from a seller (the D&D set looks pretty expensive on Ebay so this was nice), and Rise of the Valkyrie is cheap. Also picking up the Marvel expansion for $30 with shipping.

Should have all four sets for less than $250 shipped.

Any thoughts on terrain expansions that people consider a must? I see the trees and bridges in pictures all of the time. Castle looks neat but I imagine it's not used very often.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
21 May 2019 14:49 #297432 by Sagrilarus
Marvel isn't an expansion, it's a separate game and the characters in it will crush the regular Heroscape characters. A good game, but you'll play those guys separately.

If you're getting terrain from other kits Rise of the Valkyrie (all the characters and tidbits) should cost you about $30.

You need the plastic terrain hexes. Everything else can be bullshitted with proxies. I had a Fram oil filter on my board for a while that we called "the water tower". But the Tikala Jungle pieces are nice if there isn't plastic fishtank seaweed that catches your eye.

More
21 May 2019 14:54 #297433 by Space Ghost

charlest wrote: I very nearly won a huge collection of Heroscape in the Geekway virtual flea market, but the guy went over $700 and I had to step back and re-evaluate my own absurd priorities.

So, this place hasn't failed me in the past. My Dreamblade collection wouldn't exist if not for it.

Anyone out there with a ton of Heroscape and looking to sell? I'll pay a fair price.

I'm looking for a large collection that's not missing pieces and preferably has multiple starters and a ton of terrain. I don't want to have to track down more stuff and really want a set that's robust enough to stand on its own for eternity.

I think that I was responsible for Dreamblade....

I have a complete set of Heroscape (I think -- haven't checked since my kids were born, 7 years ago) -- probably don't have all the promos though. Had been saving it for when the littlest comes of age, but likely could be persuaded if you want that much stuff. Don't know the going price for things, so would need to figure that out.

More
21 May 2019 15:05 - 21 May 2019 15:15 #297434 by charlest
Yep, you were. That game is still seeing occasion play in my collection and I'm glad I have it. Thanks for the sale.

Depending on price, I would definitely be interested in that Heroscape stuff. I don't think I could afford a complete set if you're looking for market prices for the expansions though.

Sag - I know about Marvel. I've spent a lot of time reading old threads on BGG, I'd still like to pick it up though and try Hulk against a bigger group.
Last edit: 21 May 2019 15:15 by charlest.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
21 May 2019 15:16 #297435 by stormseeker75
Barnes, I might be interested. Let me know what you've got.

More
21 May 2019 16:33 #297436 by jeb
Silver Surfer is the go to guy from that set. He is ridiculously undercosted and amazing. I wouldn't even worry about mixing them in, as long as you re-cost them appropriately. We use them with our stuff and it's all good in the hood.

More
21 May 2019 17:43 #297440 by SebastianBludd
Ebay's a Heroscape cesspool anymore; people are selling incomplete ROTV master set figure lots - without cards - for ridiculous prices. People know it's OOP and think their garbage is worth something, meanwhile the actually cool and interesting squads/heroes are going for a LOT. Private sellers looking to divest themselves in bulk is the way to go.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.606 seconds