October 09, 2023
2520 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2721 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× WELCOME TO TRASHDOME!

This is part of a series of bloody matches to the death. Show support for your favorite game so it will do better in the fight. You can support it by writing why you think its the better game and more importantly by betting (i.e. voting for) it. Please make it clear for when I check the bets later. You have until Friday when I tally the bets and declare the winner. I will reserve my bet for any tie-breakers.

Although you should be familiar with both games, there is no rule that says you have to have played both of them. The only rule in Trashdome is this;

Two games enter! One game leaves!

Trashdome - Settlers Of Catan VS Risk (new or old)

More
24 Jul 2009 19:12 #36191 by Mr MOTO
I donated to an Ameritrash site. Was this an elaborate bait and switch scam?

So Uba, will F:AT just shut down now or will there be a name change happening soon? Let me know before you close the doors so that I can read some Ameritrash articles before it is gone.

Unbelievable... I think Jesus just wept.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jul 2009 22:09 #36202 by Mr MOTO
Someone referenced game this in another thread but I don't know if the site had as many pictures or as much information about the game as it does now.

www.thestrategicconquest.com

It looks like Risk: Black Ops / Revised without the ugly revised box, board, and replaces all the arrows with really fab looking Halo sculpts. It has a sweet looking dark map like black ops had.

The site mentions an August 15th general release date. I don't know if that was general knowledge earlier either but I'll be the first in line at BN or GameStop when they are in. It plays fast and I bet will bring in a lot of interest.

I know, I know, it won't be as exciting as Settlers is for all you cubepushers but you might want to give it a try.

More
24 Jul 2009 22:34 #36204 by Bulwyf
Mr MOTO wrote:

Someone referenced game this in another thread but I don't know if the site had as many pictures or as much information about the game as it does now.

www.thestrategicconquest.com

It looks like Risk: Black Ops / Revised without the ugly revised box, board, and replaces all the arrows with really fab looking Halo sculpts. It has a sweet looking dark map like black ops had.

The site mentions an August 15th general release date. I don't know if that was general knowledge earlier either but I'll be the first in line at BN or GameStop when they are in. It plays fast and I bet will bring in a lot of interest.

I know, I know, it won't be as exciting as Settlers is for all you cubepushers but you might want to give it a try.

That looks pretty cool. I wonder how different it will be rules-wise from Risk: Revised. I image they will be mostly the same but there appears to be 3 unit types and leaders for each faction. If I were to see it at Target for $15 I'd definitely give it a shot.

-Will

More
25 Jul 2009 01:10 #36207 by mikoyan
This is actually a tough one for me. Although I haven't played Risk in ages, I think it has a warmer place in my heart. There's the summers playing with my friends and the other things I did. Catan came out after I graduated from college so the memories aren't quite as fond. So Risk wins.

More
25 Jul 2009 01:20 #36210 by metalface13
mikoyan wrote:

This is actually a tough one for me. Although I haven't played Risk in ages, I think it has a warmer place in my heart. There's the summers playing with my friends and the other things I did. Catan came out after I graduated from college so the memories aren't quite as fond. So Risk wins.

See!?!?

More
25 Jul 2009 21:11 #36246 by mikoyan
metalface13 wrote:

mikoyan wrote:

See!?!?

See what?

More
25 Jul 2009 22:17 #36247 by clockwirk
mikoyan wrote:

metalface13 wrote:

mikoyan wrote:

See!?!?

See what?

He's probably just wondering where you were when the voting counted.

More
26 Jul 2009 00:10 #36250 by lj1983
mikoyan wrote:

metalface13 wrote:

mikoyan wrote:

See!?!?

See what?

metalface13 wrote:

Don't worry folks, I'm sure over the course of the next week 10-15 people will "vote" saying "Oh, geez, a Trashdome is going on? I vote for the loser."

it is kinda funny

More
26 Jul 2009 05:23 #36253 by southernman
Metalmug has raised a valid point - where the fuck were these late-comers when the vote was going on, it's not as if Trashdome goes on for 24hrs only !

Even though some Risk votes are included - if you can't make the week window of Trashdome then you MISS out and cannot come and bitch in Trashdome, that is reserved for those who who came and cheered on their game when the battle was raging. Admittedly I did start things off by saying Zev voted in his podcast - but I claim an honest (well, as honest as you can get in the Dome) attempt to pull a last second kidney punch in a fight I showed up for.

How about Maddog provide a third list in the results for all those who couldn't be bothered showing up ... ;-)

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds