October 09, 2023
2523 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2724 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What board games are you BUYING?

More
17 Dec 2015 14:52 #217602 by charlest

SuperflyTNT wrote: I wonder how many people know what a Mountebank is.

It's +2 money and forces each other player to discard a curse or receive one along with a copper.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ken B., san il defanso, Ancient_of_MuMu, the_jake_1973

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Dec 2015 19:37 #217622 by Michael Barnes
Bleeeeagh...20 pounds of Heroes of Normandie arrived today. 20 pounds.

Shadows of Normandie (which looks AWESOME)
Cthulhu Call One Expansion
D-Day
Saint-Marie Eglise
Carentan
US Rangers
GE Panzergrenadiers
GE-US Extra Vehicles

So...many...punchboards...

More
17 Dec 2015 20:32 - 17 Dec 2015 20:32 #217626 by Rliyen
Due to my awesome co-workers, I received a loaded B&N gift card for Xmas.

With that burning a hole in my pocket, I went and bought two games.

Elder Sign - My wife really liked this game when she first played Nathan's copy. So, I got ourselves one.

Exploding Kittens - It was cheap and looked silly, right up my wife's alley. We played it and I have to admit, it wasn't as fun as I thought it would be. 2 player is kind of boring, but I can imagine the cutthroatness with more than two. It's a light game, but no where near one of my favorites.
Last edit: 17 Dec 2015 20:32 by Rliyen.

More
28 Dec 2015 11:33 - 28 Dec 2015 11:34 #218378 by Gary Sax
I'm having some of those white people problems right now (do I have any others?).

I want the 50+ dollars of Robinson Crusoe promos and get a totally pimped out copy of my game, I'll throw in the new treasure island scenario:
portalgames.pl/shop/en/robinson-crusoe--promo-pack-53.p.html

But a new game of the year edition is coming out from Portal this year which has many of these promos in it (but not all, it's not clear how many). And it will have proper size cards for future expansions, some other minor upgrades, etc. So I guess I'll just wait for that and rebuy the game. But then I also have a Z-man copy of the Darwin expansion... Argh. Different versions of games sucks.
Last edit: 28 Dec 2015 11:34 by Gary Sax.

More
28 Dec 2015 12:36 - 28 Dec 2015 12:37 #218389 by VonTush
Why'd you have to point that stuff out!
I picked up that promo-pack a few months back, but it had a different mixture back then and was only $33. I think the difference was it didn't have the Trait Cards or Explore Tokens and bag, but had the Spyglass.

The GoTY Ed I'll see as a good stopping point personally. There's already tons of game to explore. I'll likely snag up the other misc things that I'm missing but seeing as how there are some adventures I haven't even tried yet...Often different versions does suck, but for me I think it'll be a clean stop...Unless I get caught up and need more content in the future.
Last edit: 28 Dec 2015 12:37 by VonTush.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
28 Dec 2015 13:27 #218394 by Gary Sax
For me, not many games I want all the promos for. This is one of them. Maybe Clash of Cultures too.

More
28 Dec 2015 16:16 #218405 by Ska_baron
Xmas haul:

King of Tokyo (great light one that'll go over well with the fam)
Hoity Toity (loved playing online and again, think it'll be a great, light game for family fun)
Black Box Star Wars Risk (c'mon, this is going to be awesome)
Codenames (good alternative to Werewolves with the extended fam - will try out NYE)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Mabuse

More
30 Dec 2015 17:34 #218665 by SuperFlySwatter
HerofuckingScape.

Well I had the Valkyrie set and Fortress, and now I've got a big 500 dollar wodge of expansions and figures as an investment into future gaming awesomeness, erm, with the kids. I will probably force myself to try this with the missus a bit beforehand just to iron out all the wrinkles.

More
30 Dec 2015 17:52 #218669 by Sevej
I finally have BattleLore: Creatures, and non-minis components from Betrayal of Calth (plus some bitz). They were on my office desk when I returned from Christmas leave. Amazing. Since I commute by bus, (and two of my bosses gave me 4 jar of cookies). it took three days to bring all home.

More
02 Jan 2016 06:33 #218854 by repoman
Went on a crazy spending spree yesterday.

Bought my own copy of Dungeonquest Revised Ed. so I no longer need come crawling to that smug jerk, Josh Look, and beg him to play his copy.

and

Next War: Korea by GMT. What's that you say? I'll never find a person to play that with? *sigh* (Looking at my wargame shelf) when has that stopped me before?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Msample

More
02 Jan 2016 08:41 #218857 by Xerxes
Crimble haul from assorted family;

Roll for the Galaxy - weird/not exactly me but I'll give it go.
Decline & Fall - a long desired Gibson/Ariel game that I played many years ago with my first gaming group and have been after for a while - bless my wife for tracking down a copy in good condition at a sensible price.
Game of Thrones Risk - was on the list 'cos my daughter is a big GoT fan and wants a game - pieces are rather nice though :)

More
04 Jan 2016 19:11 - 04 Jan 2016 19:11 #219033 by KingPut
Spending some Christmas money.

First, I've been playing Codenames with my Apple to Apples cards and Codename app since November because it was out of print. Apples to Apples and the App works fine but since Codenames in my GOtY and I'm not some cheap pirating bastard I'm forking over $13.00 to Cool Stuff to buy a real copy of the game.

Second, since Jabba the Putt (me), is fling X-Wing Scum and I like fast ships, I added in 3 Kihraxz Fighter ($7.00 each).

Finally, I've joined the dark side (not the Star Wars dark side but the ASL dark side), I bought my first ASL starter kit. So I guess my first New Years resolution will be to put on the ASL training wheels. Luckily, a couple guys in my group are also dipping their toe in the ASL pond at the same time. Maybe in 10 years I'll be ready to take on Thirstyman Andy.
Last edit: 04 Jan 2016 19:11 by KingPut.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose

More
04 Jan 2016 21:15 #219041 by Sagrilarus
Have three colors of highlighters available when you're doing your first read-through of the ASL rule book. The game isn't hard, but the rules are a bit scattered in their presentation.

S.

More
04 Jan 2016 22:30 #219046 by iguanaDitty

Sagrilarus wrote: Have three colors of highlighters available

I really thought this said three colors of lightsabers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD

More
06 Jan 2016 13:25 #219187 by VonTush
The Merchants and Marauders expansion was back in stock at Miniature Market, so I went ahead and snagged that up.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.657 seconds