October 09, 2023
2528 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2729 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing?

More
19 Jun 2018 21:22 - 19 Jun 2018 21:23 #275782 by Sevej
Return to... Minecraft.

Yes, I'm still pulling cows, chickens, pigs and sheeps to my pastures. It's still fun as heck. Found a deep gorge near my farm that has a skeleton spawner also. Excellent. Got lots of irons. Fully armored, ready to go into the depths.
Last edit: 19 Jun 2018 21:23 by Sevej.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jun 2018 23:25 #275784 by Colorcrayons
I'm still doing my occasional dive into Diablo3, like a crack face. Sometimes I just have to sit and binge mindless looting sprees for a few hours at a time. And now that treasure goblins are TwoFerOne during season 14 even for none seasonal games, my AngryChicken Witch Doctor is a meth aphetamine fueled zoom zoom that needs a shopping cart to carry all the loot.

Started playing Horizon Zero Dawn complete edition finally, after owning it for 9 moons.
Pretty fun so far, and I am digging the story setting. Just enough to not make it feel as an interactive movie like the uncharted games, but also not so open world that you're not lost and paralyzed by choices as we see in the Witcher.

I can see myself easily sticking with this one until completion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD

More
19 Jun 2018 23:39 #275786 by hotseatgames
My friend came over so we played some Mortal Kombat X and Door Kickers Action Squad. Good times.

More
23 Jun 2018 02:29 - 23 Jun 2018 02:31 #276064 by Colorcrayons
Playing Redout: Lightspeed Edition on PS4.

I own the Wip3out collection, yet Redout has better trance music (it feels like Juno Reactor, Man with no name, and other true 'Goa' staples from the mid 90's) but the gameplay is a more pure racing experience with less combat to get in the way.

It's quite mesmerizing, especially on levels where your muscle memory takes over and you dive into a zen like experience with the music and visuals. It gets my vote as best racer on PS4, without hesitation.

Mars levels are especially good. I even bought the Mars pack DLC and have no regrets.

That said, playing Wip3out on the free PSVR upgrade is a game changer. The game went from a good bit of nostalgia into a bona fide reason to invest in PSVR. I suppose the term 'killer app' is used in such cases.

Now if only Redout would release their long promised VR upgrade, I'd have no reason to cheat on Redout with it's mommy Wip3out.
Last edit: 23 Jun 2018 02:31 by Colorcrayons.

More
24 Jun 2018 20:31 - 24 Jun 2018 20:48 #276109 by Colorcrayons
Re: Diablo 3 on PS4

So after a few months of grinding the Caverns of Frost to kill Chilltara and hope she drops a Gibbering Gemstone last year, the gods of RNG have deemed that I acquire another one during last season, and one more a couple days ago.

So, if anyone wants this ridiculously hard to find component to craft a Staff of Herding that grants access to Whimseyshire, my player ID on PS is: "PSColorcrayons".

We can get in a game and I can drop it off for you. I don't want to just dump it because I don't need it. Somebody out there who plays on PS4 must want this.

[Edit]
These took so long for me to find, I even took screencaps of the events to commemorate their acquisition. As you can see from my paragon levels, they came very far apart.

Last edit: 24 Jun 2018 20:48 by Colorcrayons.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WadeMonnig

More
24 Jun 2018 21:28 #276112 by boothwah

Colorcrayons wrote: Re: Diablo 3 on PS4

So after a few months of grinding the Caverns of Frost to kill Chilltara and hope she drops a Gibbering Gemstone last year, the gods of RNG have deemed that I acquire another one during last season, and one more a couple days ago.

So, if anyone wants this ridiculously hard to find component to craft a Staff of Herding that grants access to Whimseyshire, my player ID on PS is: "PSColorcrayons".

We can get in a game and I can drop it off for you. I don't want to just dump it because I don't need it. Somebody out there who plays on PS4 must want this.

[Edit]
These took so long for me to find, I even took screencaps of the events to commemorate their acquisition. As you can see from my paragon levels, they came very far apart.

If anyone wants a ride to Whimseyshire on Xbox one hit me up. Gamertag = boothwah

Man I did a lot of farming for that.

Are you doing the seasonal thing? I’m doing Barb this time. And I’m already up to torment x. Those seasonal sets are liken rocket boosters for progression. Anyhoo, never fancied barb before, but this Raekors charge build is stupid fun. You just smash your face into everything and it dies.

More
24 Jun 2018 22:23 - 24 Jun 2018 22:26 #276113 by Colorcrayons
I did a necromancer for the first time season before last. The Elohim wings were cool, but for some reason I never got my armor set sent to me even though I made double sure I had completed everything necessary to get it.

So I never bothered again since the teddy pet last season or the pennant this season isn't a good enough reason to risk not getting the rewards again. Kinda soured on the idea now.

But I'm doing a lot of grinding right now for Goblins now that this is the season of Greed. I have all pets now. Got the horadric hamburger and am averaging one rainbow per sitdown game session. Which for me is huge. I went an entire year only seeing one rainbow.

I'm not at the level I see a lot of YouTubers, eeking out really optimal builds for gameplay. I still rely on the ring of Royal grandeur in kanai's cube just to complete any set I have for a character I play. I'm nearly platinum level on the game.

I'm having ok fun with the game on occasion, but I'm real chomping at the bit for Diablo 4. I want and hope for a better, more compelling Diablo on my PS4 to burn my free time on.
Last edit: 24 Jun 2018 22:26 by Colorcrayons.

More
24 Jun 2018 23:39 - 26 Jun 2018 10:21 #276116 by hotseatgames
I bought the Betrayal at Calth PC game on Steam. It supports both regular and VR modes, but so far I've only done VR. It's neat standing next to a hulking space marine. It doesn't seem to have an option for floating up over the action, which would seem normal. I will try the regular PC mode when I get a chance. It's still in Early Access so hopefully some more features get added. I also don't know if the cards from the board game are in it.

UPDATE: I tried to get the PC mode to work. It doesn't. I think this game *could* get there some day, but they should not have released it in its current state, even to early access. I returned it.

Now I'll go back to drooling over Gladius.
Last edit: 26 Jun 2018 10:21 by hotseatgames.

More
26 Jun 2018 09:27 #276226 by lj1983
Gears of War 4 is on gamepass, so been burning through that. It is more Gears. so slick cover based combat. uber macho bro dudes spouting off one liners. The characters (never a strength of Gears) are more annoying than before. They are channeling deadpool/guardians of the galaxy style quips during combat, which feels kinda jarring. They are supposed to be younger than in the previous games.

One change that stuck out to me so far, is that you actually have ammo for the lancer, the iconic assault rifle for the Gears. So that's nice. No longer having to spend half the game using the Locust's Hammerburst simply because there is ammo for it. And it feels like this Gears leans more heavily on the "right before a big boss, here's a ton of ammo/weapons" trope.

I'm glad I didn't pay for it, but it is fun for what it is. too bad all my friends had moved on to other games a while back, so no co-op for me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
03 Jul 2018 09:17 #276784 by Gary Sax
Picked up Hollow Knight and hoo boy is it good if you like metroidvania with some souls stuff. The environmental storytelling is really cool too.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.384 seconds