- Posts: 8145
- Thank you received: 5018
Short Cut to Remote Gaming Forum (29 Aug 2020)
Since remote gaming has now become a significant part of how we play board games, we have added a short cut to this forum in the menu on the left.
Are You on Twitter - Share your handle for a follow
The site is @therewillbegame
Some of our staff & associates (I'm sure I missed some, sorry just comment and add yourself if I did):
@mattthr (Matt Thrower)
@WolfmansLounge (Josh Look)
@werenotwizards (Richard - We're Not Wizards)
@thegiantbrain (Iain - The Giant Brain)
@TabletopGamesBl (Oliver - Tabletop Gaming Blog)
@Tabletop_Island (Bernardo - TabletopIsland)
@TheUnluckyfrog @TheUnluckyfrog (Ben - Unlucky Frog)
@EOGamers (Universal Head)
@realbradhb (Brad Harmer-Barnes)
@iamgrace (Grace P)
I should probably change it, because I don't really do anything for the company anymore. I didn't even make the account myself, Alex Eding did when I joked that that should be my handle on the podcast.
I link all my articles there and also tend to talk about whatever I'm playing. Or just Dune, because it rocks.
I've been quiet lately but I tend to holler about leftist politics.
HiveGod wrote: @HiveGod
I post nonsense.
And the awesome Talisman session, which I quote to this day. As well as the GW expression, "hippity hopped".
In my experience Twitter only makes things worse.
On a slightly more serious note; it's the perfect format for jokes, and probably the single best way to stay up to date with the news about anything.
ThirstyMan wrote: Explain to me like I'm 5 yrs old, what exactly is Twitter and why it would enhance my online experience. How does it work? 60 yr old genuinely asking.
Twitter is not as "social media" as the others I have used/seen. For me, it's almost a news wire, with the ability to comment/read comments on every single thing in the world. You can opt to follow interesting people and interact with them from time to time in a more direct way than is usually available.
- I follow some board game folks, and I found out one is in a Crazy Famous Movie® and gets really pissed off about British rice-cooking instructions.
- Follow "Legal Twitter" and to see Neal Katyal and Ahilan Arunulantham weigh in on US Supreme Court goings-on and efforts to coördinate pro-bono teacher wills for the upcoming school year.
- I've muted words like "Ben Shapiro" and "QAnon" so I never have to hear anyone's bullshit opinions about these terrible persons/topics ever.
- There's a bot that just posts random pictures of Heironymous Bosch paintings.
- Bill Sienkiewicz read a reply I'd made recently and replied back and reader I married him.