Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: An Infamous Traffic - A Creativity Quest Review

An Infamous Traffic - A Creativity Quest Review 28 May 2017 22:30 #249205

Historical wargames are often a terrible waste. All that wealth of history, all over the world - political, social and economic - and games choose to focus on violence. Such a shame, especially when turning history into a game is such a great way to get inside it, to learn it and understand it. Now the case for the prosecution has a new exhibit to showcase all these points: An Infamous Traffic.

Read more...
  • MattDP
  • Shiny Balls
  • Number Of Fence
  • Thank you received: 1092
Oftentimes defeat is splendid, victory may still be shame;
Luck is good, the prize is pleasant but the glory's in the game!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shellhead, Msample, Columbob, JEM

An Infamous Traffic - A Creativity Quest Review 29 May 2017 13:14 #249206

Thanks for doing this review, Matt.

This game has been on my radar for a while, because the theme (and built-in cynicism) is right in my area of interest. I hadn't decided if I was going to cough up for what was almost certainly going to be a shelf toad.

However, I think I will. This looks like the sort that's going to disappear forever.
  • Not Sure
  • D8
  • Thank you received: 930
The following user(s) said Thank You: Msample

An Infamous Traffic - A Creativity Quest Review 29 May 2017 16:47 #249208

Your last sentence is worth calling out. Damn good finish to the article.

I purchased this Print 'n Play from WargameVault for a song. It's easy to build, a great first PnP for those who haven't done it before. From the sounds of it my copy may be nicer than yours. I'd recommend buying it there either way, as this is a game that could disappear quickly, so having a copy on your hard drive could be valuable.

And the result is a socially relevant game that really calls out the subject matter. As a player you're a complete dick preying on poor people, while you're knifing your fellow players. It's an education in the darker side of man, made all the more poignant, because it's true. You can't shake this one off by pretending it's fiction.

And you're right -- you invariably pay for even minor errors. This game does not coddle you. Your opponents will make plenty too, so game is on.

Thank your for reviewing these deeper titles.
  • Sagrilarus
  • D12
  • Thank you received: 3269
Last Edit: 29 May 2017 16:48 by Sagrilarus.
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds