Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Colt Express Review

Colt Express Review 08 Apr 2018 22:13 #267122

Looking forward to a nice two player night with my favourite gaming crony, Graham. I've packed beers, printed play aids, read the rules - twice - and I'm about to leave. The phone rings.

"Matt? It's Graham. I've got a house full of teenagers. Bring some multi-player games. And some more beer."

I'm in a rush, so I grab the first thing in front of me. It's Colt Express. I got it on a whim to play with my daughter.  I mean: it's cheap, it's got a cool 3d train and it won the Spiel des Jahres. What could go wrong? Well, as it turns out, what went wrong is that it's pretty poor with two. So it seems a good excuse to run the locomotive out again.

Read more...
  • MattDP
  • Shiny Balls
  • Number Of Fence
  • Thank you received: 1219
Oftentimes defeat is splendid, victory may still be shame;
Luck is good, the prize is pleasant but the glory's in the game!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD, Jexik, Frohike, Rafael Silva, Nodens

Colt Express Review 09 Apr 2018 05:52 #267123

Great review! It occurs to me that the downside to the reviews on this site are that they usually make me think "hey, I should buy that!"
  • hotseatgames
  • D10
  • Thank you received: 2406
The following user(s) said Thank You: MattDP

Colt Express Review 09 Apr 2018 08:06 #267127

I think this new direction you took is supergood for you Matt! I think it suits you a lot better and your articles have improved a lot.
  • Erik Twice
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D8
  • Needs explosions
  • Thank you received: 1397
The following user(s) said Thank You: MattDP, Jexik

Colt Express Review 12 Apr 2018 04:54 #267345

Great review!
The following user(s) said Thank You: MattDP

Colt Express Review 13 Apr 2018 09:30 #267481

I enjoyed reading this review more than most, because I really enjoy the simulated stories created by good games. I played a five-player game of Colt Express once, and it was a blast. The owner of the game had pimped it out with painted minis that he originally used in his Firefly rpg campaign.
  • Shellhead
  • D20
  • Thank you received: 3724

Colt Express Review 13 Apr 2018 09:38 #267482

Erik Twice wrote:
I think this new direction you took is supergood for you Matt! I think it suits you a lot better and your articles have improved a lot.

Agreed. The last reviewer to really do this was the other Matt- Drake.* If people want clinical component descriptions and unboxings, they can go take their thumbs elsewhere.

I thank you.

*I miss that dude. I know he got burned out on board games and the surrounding culture, but I loved his writing.
  • Jexik
  • D8
  • Thank you received: 660
Last Edit: 13 Apr 2018 09:39 by Jexik.
Time to create page: 0.486 seconds