October 09, 2023
2661 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2841 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Any events, cons and meetups can be posted here. There is a link to our Member Map in your PROFILE menu.

Gen Con Roll Call

More
04 Aug 2010 22:09 #69994 by Stephen Avery
Replied by Stephen Avery on topic Re:Gen Con Roll Call
KK so I've gotten briefed on what to expect from Gencon.

So how is everyone spending their time?

Thursday(tomorrow) we'll roll in around 4-5 and register and hit the sales room till it closes.

Friday will be power shopping and pestering Colby, Zev and Thaad. If I get bored I'm going to go pick a fight with a bunch a big looking LARPers

Sat ?? I have no idea. Most like some RPG and some minis gaming. I prefer open gaming but it sounds like Gencon is not easy to find space. Perhaps I'll dress up as a wookie or something.

heading out early sunday

Steve"chilling cheap rum as we speak"Avery

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Aug 2010 22:14 #69995 by Stephen Avery
Richard has his with the new Dragon Expansion. I'd be happy to play. I'm trying to figure out what to bring right now.

BTW is your freind who did Over the Edge coming? I LOVE THAT GAME. Its probably my favorite RPG of all time.

Steve"OTE Fan"Avery

More
04 Aug 2010 22:16 #69996 by Mr MOTO
Replied by Mr MOTO on topic Re:Gen Con Roll Call
Stephen Avery wrote:

Perhaps I'll dress up as a wookie or something.

Just a reminder that removing your tanktop and wearing a brown thong does not equal a wookie costume.

You aren't going to hang with us on Thursday night?

More
04 Aug 2010 22:17 #69997 by Mr MOTO
Replied by Mr MOTO on topic Re:Gen Con Roll Call
Stephen Avery wrote:

Richard has his with the new Dragon Expansion. I'd be happy to play. I'm trying to figure out what to bring right now.

BTW is your freind who did Over the Edge coming? I LOVE THAT GAME. Its probably my favorite RPG of all time.

Steve"OTE Fan"Avery

If Jonathan Tweet is there, I'll introduce you to him as his #1 fan.

More
04 Aug 2010 22:22 #69998 by Stephen Avery
Thats right. I was too lazy to walk the 10 feet to the bookshelf to grab my OTE stuff.

Perhaps I should be introduced as Mr. Throckmorton instead.

Steve"Shaving all his body hair"Avery

More
04 Aug 2010 22:26 #69999 by Stephen Avery

Just a reminder that removing your tanktop and wearing a brown thong does not equal a wookie costume.

You aren't going to hang with us on Thursday night?

Absolutely but that starts at 7 I'll be hanging in the vendor hall till it closes at 6 then heading over to the designated rondevue spot. Once there, I'll drink and hit on passing Larper chicks till everyone shows up...

Steve"Bad Influence"Avery

More
04 Aug 2010 23:13 #70005 by Stephen Avery
Sooo...I'm looking at things to do and I stumbled across TrueTavern and TrueDungeon. Anyone tried this?

www.truedungeon.com/true/overview.htm

Its like the haunted houses you do at Halloween but filled with puzzels and beasties.

Whats cool to do at Gencon? Besides power shopping, drinking, and getting some boardgames in?

Steve"2curious"Avery

More
05 Aug 2010 06:15 - 05 Aug 2010 06:17 #70021 by Brewmiester
Replied by Brewmiester on topic Re:Gen Con Roll Call
Stephen Avery wrote:

Sooo...I'm looking at things to do and I stumbled across TrueTavern and TrueDungeon. Anyone tried this?

www.truedungeon.com/true/overview.htm

Its like the haunted houses you do at Halloween but filled with puzzels and beasties.

Whats cool to do at Gencon? Besides power shopping, drinking, and getting some boardgames in?

Steve"2curious"Avery

I haven't done TD myself but have some buddies around here that swear by it. I've looked at their website and they seem like pretty good folks, even thought about volunteering to help but haven't yet.

There's also some miniature gaming going on, card games, role playing games, fights with foam swords (which now that I think about it might be good for some F:AT bragging rights), painting contests, the auction, art fair, Wil Wheaton autographs, demos (including hopefully Knights of the Olde Republic this year). Ooops, maybe not all of that is cool.

I'm just registered for two events (Lightweight Heroscape and fleet Battlestations) on Sat. and have $20 worth of generic tickets. I'll see if anything leaps out at me from the catalog, play it by ear, and if I don't find anything I'll cash the generics in on credit for next year.

And if you want to walk out into Indy itself there are some interesting things within walking distance.
Last edit: 05 Aug 2010 06:17 by Brewmiester.

More
05 Aug 2010 12:03 #70035 by metalface13
Replied by metalface13 on topic Re:Gen Con Roll Call
I am so, so jealous I'm not going to Gen Con, while my brother is going yet again. Stupid moving.

I wouldn't waste your time or money on True Dungeon. My brother did it before and he said not only was it goofy and expensive but your party is likely to be filled with people who have done it before so they know all the answers to the puzzles and whatnot and are just in it for the loot.

More
06 Aug 2010 07:40 #70090 by moofrank
Replied by moofrank on topic Re:Gen Con Roll Call
Steve: I know some people that have done True Dungeon. It ends up being like a larger, more LARPy and puzzle D&D. Combat works just a bit like Catacombs.

Also. IF anyone can get word to Steve, I'd dearly like the Cadwallion game from FFG with all the trimmings. I've always been a big fan of Cadwallion and Okko.

More
06 Aug 2010 07:54 #70092 by Stephen Avery
I'm on it Frank. It is my mission to see that the Swamp remains the bastion of esoteric gaming.

Quick update.

I wrote up a long winded passage about day one then the IT went out and I lost it but the short story is that a bunch of us met and had a great time Bsing and playing games. The night ended early though becuse half of us were dead tired.

Steve"more to come"Avery

More
06 Aug 2010 16:07 #70125 by Merkles
Replied by Merkles on topic Re:Gen Con Roll Call
Has anyone played the Ravenloft game yet? I'd love a report...there was one review up on BGG so far...but that's it.

More
06 Aug 2010 17:30 #70138 by metalface13
Merkles wrote:

Has anyone played the Ravenloft game yet? I'd love a report...there was one review up on BGG so far...but that's it.

My brother played a demo, he said via tweet "Ravenloft is like a dungeon delve without a DM. Pretty cool." He also played as the dragonborn fighter. I hope to dig more details from him later.

More
06 Aug 2010 18:39 #70141 by moofrank
Replied by moofrank on topic Re:Gen Con Roll Call
The funny question is that Steve just texted me to ask if I wanted the painted figures for Cadwallion.

Which says that he doesn't know me so good. Sounds like they are $3 a figure, and the sculpts are old Rackham sculpts.

So instead of going to Gencon, or living vicariously through reviews, I am sadly stuck in spreadsheet hell. (With an occasional break to install Ubuntu on my new toy. My toy will get a LONG article once I get the thing built and the limit switches wired up.)

More
06 Aug 2010 19:18 #70142 by metalface13
metalface13 wrote:

Merkles wrote:

My brother played a demo, he said via tweet "Ravenloft is like a dungeon delve without a DM. Pretty cool." He also played as the dragonborn fighter. I hope to dig more details from him later.

In a later tweet he was not blown away.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds